Garnier 5 sec Perfect Blur

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Garnier 5 sec Perfect Blur
Enter Title

3.8

Dimethicone, Dimethicone crosspolymer, Silica (nano) / Silica Isododecane, Aluminium Hydroxide, CI77491 / Iron Oxydes, CI77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate.

This is one of the best primers I've tried (and I tried a lot of them). I don't wear foundation though, so that might make a difference too. It seems like a lot of people who don't like it also wear foundation. I only wear loose powder on top of it. My face is naturally pretty oily, and this does feel a little greasy at first after putting it on, but this along with my powder seem to keep my face oil free most of the day. A lot better than if I only wear powder. It also does blur imperfections very well, and smooths the look of pores. If someone has problem skin or a lot of big pores or deep lines it might not work as well. But for someone who has fairly good skin already, and wears only light makeup or powder, it does the job perfectly. :)
I've tried L'Oreal Miracle Blur (I might've gotten the name wrong), and to me that one is too thick and harder to apply, so I much prefer this one by Garnier. It's spreads over the face a lot easier. And just seems to look better at the end of the day, still fresh and even. :)

I don't like this primer at all. It feel slimy when you put it on and never dries down.
Far from mattifiing it made my skin feel greasy all day. Yuk.

on 4/22/2015 7:11:00 AM

This was horrible for me and I still have a pretty much full tube sitting in my drawer.

It has a horrible texture and made my makeup slide off my face and feel and look horrible and greasy. It didn't blur anything or do what it said it would - I was so disappointed as I was looking forward to using it. It wasn't cheap either I think I paid nearly $20nzd :(

Pretty much the same disappointed feeling as I had with the Garnier BB cream - just over hyped products that dont deliver what they say.

I will definitely not bother with Garnier products in the future - I have never had much luck with them.

on 4/22/2015 12:51:00 AM

I find this product to be very helpful in keeping my makeup set all day. it helps the longevity and staying power of my makeup and I have combination skin. I also like the look of fine lines and wrinkles diminishing with each use. really good option instead of Smashbox photo finish primer.

on 1/1/2015 6:52:00 PM

This is only day 2 of using this product. I only recently started using primer and the first primer I bought (Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro $8) felt heavy on my face all day - all I could think about all day was getting home so I could wash it off; I hate being able to feel makeup on my skin, and it really didn't fill any lines or provide me with any noticeable, desirable effects. So I decided to give 5 Second Blur a go ($15), not even sure if it was supposed to be a primer or what. On the very first application - OH MY GOSH - I literally watched my fine lines, especially around my eyes, disappear! I moved to my magnifying mirror to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but nope! Sure enough, those little lines were just shrunk up or filled in or something - I don't care what they were, so long as they were gone, and they basically were! I see some not-so-great posts on this product, but I also see the ages are younger, so I don't think they are fighting the same battle I am at 44 - so for my age range, I'm going to have to say, this product is magical! It fills in the fine lines so my foundation doesn't make me look older, it feels silky smooth, and it did not bother my face all day; and most importantly, it really did seem to improve the look of my foundation. I did feel like I got a little oily later in the day, but it wasn't terrible. And the price point - to me - was more than reasonable, especially considering what I shell out to fight the signs of aging, anyway. Again, I've only used it for two days, now, so we'll just have to wait and see if I continue to be impressed - I really have my fingers crossed because I've never found a product that has impressed me more when it comes to diminishing lines.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I'm still not sure about this product - it did a good job of keeping me matte and minimizing the appearance of the huge pores on my nose and cheeks, but it is so so slick! I am used to dealing with the silky feel of Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector, but the Garnier one is like smearing pure silicone over your face.

Pros: Cheap, good packaging, a lot of product for the price, neutral scent, minimizes pores and helps me stay matte for 3-4 hours.

Cons: Feels oily when you apply it, blotting papers still required after 3-4 hours.

I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS. I never cared about primers or my pores, but I got this as a sample and I am totally in love. It melts right into your skin and instantly makes your skin look 10x better.You need so little of this, and you only need to use it where your pores are the biggest (nose, forehead, chin...). It also mattifies your skin and creates the perfect canvas for your foundation. I would repurchase this in a heartbeat!

This has absolutely no blurring power what so ever but it does make a very good base for makeup. The consistency is smooth and creamy and it makes my foundation and concealer last a lot longer. I recommended this to my mother who bought it and hated it but many of my friends also love it.

on 2/25/2014 12:22:00 AM

I LOVE this product. It works for me a treat! I honestly could not do without it now. It hides my open pores in seconds and blurs many of my fine lines and wrinkles. I leave it for about a full 5 minutes before gently applying moisturiser and then wait another 5 minutes and apply my foundation. My skin has NEVER looked better and I'm 48! I highly recommend this product.