Garnier 5 sec Perfect Blur

Enter Title

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Dimethicone, Dimethicone crosspolymer, Silica (nano) / Silica Isododecane, Aluminium Hydroxide, CI77491 / Iron Oxydes, CI77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a pretty good product and I am scratching my head over the negative reviews. I really don't need a primer but I do like the finish I get when I use one before my foundation. Really helps product smooth over wrinkles under the eyes too. I was alternating between the pricey Lisse Minute from Clarins and L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur. Clarins is lighter, more elegant but doesn't do as much as the L'Oreal product which is thick, fills in those noticeable pores and lines under my eyes so the product goes on nicely without caking. The L'Oreal product seemed to accelerate the disappearance of the foundation though. The Garnier product has the best properties of both. You only need a tiny amount - teeny, tiny. The tube says dime-sized but I say use a quarter of that amount to see results. Yes that little amount dotted on both cheeks will cover up to the eyes and down your chin because this formula has a lot of "slip". It doesn't settle at the first application which is good because you can continue to blend it around. I am currently using the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick and it enables me to use less foundation. And it does make my foundation last and really look fresh after 6 hours. Please give this a try or retry if you originally had disappointing results. The price is right and it is easy to get and if you reduce the amount it is likely you will be happy.

on 2/13/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This made my skin feel greasy. I managed to use the entire tube simply due to my deeply embedded cheapness. I don't thin it really helped makeup stay on longer. I mean, I guess it didn't hurt the staying power but... I think it's priced too high for what you get. I'd rather pay just a bit more and get a good primer at Ulta or Sephora. This made my skin look a bit better, pores still looked big, and I had greasiness to boot. No, Garnier. Get over yourselves.