Garnier 5 sec Perfect Blur

Garnier 5 sec Perfect Blur
Enter Title

3.0

Dimethicone, Dimethicone crosspolymer, Silica (nano) / Silica Isododecane, Aluminium Hydroxide, CI77491 / Iron Oxydes, CI77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Hello everyone!. Firstly, my name is Amber Morris. I am a 32 year old Mama to 3 children, with larger than normal pores around my nose. This did absolutely nothing for my pores. I of course wanted this to work so very badly. Truth be told I have tried at least 15 different products that say they will diminish the look of pores and none have worked for me. If anyone has any recommendations for me I'll be happy to test them out!.

I do keep a Beauty Blog, telling everyone about my obsessions, in case you would like to take a peek at my always sincere reviews.

I don't like this primer at all. It feel slimy when you put it on and never dries down.
Far from mattifiing it made my skin feel greasy all day. Yuk.

on 12/10/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This product does fill in pores. It does have a thick, clumpy consistency. You have to smooth it on the skin well before appying foundation or powder. However, it did nothing for my face and my foundation after a couple hours cake up and seperated. I only use this product in areas that are needed around my nose and cheek area. I don't recommend this product I think it is an absolute waste of money it did not work for my skin.

Ok seriously...this stuff makes absolutely zero difference to the appearance of my skin, and also it made me break out. Thank god I got a sample and didn't spend any $$ on it.

It didn't blur any of my pores or imperfections and it was very greasy. It just felt like I put a thin layer of oil on my skin. I have very oily skin and this product made me look even more oily and shiny.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Garnier 5 Second Perfect Blur blurs nothing. About three minutes after applying it, I checked and I couldn't even tell that it had been applied! I also use Tri-Aktiline Instant Deep Wrinkle Filler, which actually does soften small lines. There is absolutely no comparison!

I think I did a review when I first got this. I shouldn't have jumped the gun and said this was a great product. It didn't do much for mattifying and blurring my pores. It also broke me out and gave me under the skin bumps. I have little to no acne (yes I do have some not a lot), but my pores are huge and all this did was block them and cause painful suffering on my face. It feels siliconey on your face and you will feel like you smeared grease all over your face. I don't recommend this at all.

made me break out like crazy on my cheeks, and I never get acne on my cheeks. at first I thought my face cleanser was the reason behind my breakout but after I stopped using this for a week my skin went right back to normal.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Worst primer I've ever purchased in my life!! Soooo greasy. Makeup slides off. This was an EXPENSIVE impulse buy..well I needed a new primer so I grabbed this. Usually I really like their products but after using this I am totally through with using this makeup line. $20 at CVS. Will be throwing away ! :(

If you're on the fence about this product, remember the rule - If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Anyone who's seen Garnier's "not retouched!" advertisement for this product may have found themselves pondering this very statement. Garnier 5 Second Blur claims to 'reduce the appearance of wrinkles, imperfections, pores and shine in just 5 seconds!'

I applied this two ways - first, as instructed, over my day cream. The texture is odd - It feels wet but somehow dry, slippery and greasy, but also very velvety. I was surprised then that it was actually quite difficult to blend on the face. I started by just dabbing with my fingers on to my 'problem areas' (fine lines around my eyes and mouth, acne scarring and large pores on my cheeks) then blended as best I could and waited for the magic to happen. Nothing really did. I convinced myself I'd done something wrong, so I retried on bare skin. I can conclude the following about this product.

* Firstly, if your wrinkles and pores trouble you to the point you feel the need to buy a targeted solution, this product will not be that solution.

* It feels like wearing a greasy silicone mask, which upon looking at the ingredients, is exactly what you will be doing. You can really feel a layer of goop sitting there.

* It's quite a matte finish - On my dry skin, it actually aged me. When your skin is as dry as the sahara, the overly matte look just comes off looking dull and chalky. It actually diminished the natural glow of my skin.

* My pores are still staring at me, albeit like small sad craters full of silicone.

* The texture bugged me. It's just a very 'ick' texture. Like washing your hands with butter.