Garnier 5 sec Perfect Blur

Filtered by age: 44-55
Garnier 5 sec Perfect Blur
Enter Title

3.3

Dimethicone, Dimethicone crosspolymer, Silica (nano) / Silica Isododecane, Aluminium Hydroxide, CI77491 / Iron Oxydes, CI77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate.

I don't like this primer at all. It feel slimy when you put it on and never dries down.
Far from mattifiing it made my skin feel greasy all day. Yuk.

I've been using this stuff daily for a couple of years now and I always have 2 tubes of it on the go: one in my handbag, one in the bathroom. I don't use it as they recommend - instead, I use it after I've finished all my makeup, patting the tiniest amounts of it on the lines under my eyes, and it does a great job of blurring them, better I feel than the Clarins Lisse Minute I used before. I have to top it up once or twice, again with teensy amounts squeezed onto my forefinger and then lightly patted under my eyes. Any more than that and it does start to feel too heavy or greasy, and causes my makeup to slide - but as a little bit of final blurring, it's great!

on 2/13/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This made my skin feel greasy. I managed to use the entire tube simply due to my deeply embedded cheapness. I don't thin it really helped makeup stay on longer. I mean, I guess it didn't hurt the staying power but... I think it's priced too high for what you get. I'd rather pay just a bit more and get a good primer at Ulta or Sephora. This made my skin look a bit better, pores still looked big, and I had greasiness to boot. No, Garnier. Get over yourselves.

on 1/1/2015 6:52:00 PM

This is only day 2 of using this product. I only recently started using primer and the first primer I bought (Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro $8) felt heavy on my face all day - all I could think about all day was getting home so I could wash it off; I hate being able to feel makeup on my skin, and it really didn't fill any lines or provide me with any noticeable, desirable effects. So I decided to give 5 Second Blur a go ($15), not even sure if it was supposed to be a primer or what. On the very first application - OH MY GOSH - I literally watched my fine lines, especially around my eyes, disappear! I moved to my magnifying mirror to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but nope! Sure enough, those little lines were just shrunk up or filled in or something - I don't care what they were, so long as they were gone, and they basically were! I see some not-so-great posts on this product, but I also see the ages are younger, so I don't think they are fighting the same battle I am at 44 - so for my age range, I'm going to have to say, this product is magical! It fills in the fine lines so my foundation doesn't make me look older, it feels silky smooth, and it did not bother my face all day; and most importantly, it really did seem to improve the look of my foundation. I did feel like I got a little oily later in the day, but it wasn't terrible. And the price point - to me - was more than reasonable, especially considering what I shell out to fight the signs of aging, anyway. Again, I've only used it for two days, now, so we'll just have to wait and see if I continue to be impressed - I really have my fingers crossed because I've never found a product that has impressed me more when it comes to diminishing lines.

on 6/10/2014 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am surprised by the negative reviews of this excellent primer which will now be my holy grail. I am 44 have extremely oily, breakout prone skin with large pores and a few fine lines under my eyes. This product filled all my pores and smoothed my fine lines so that they would only be visible with a microscope. It also controlled my oil. I usually have to blot and re-powder approximately 5 times a day, especially because I live in a hot humid climate. I blot only once about 10 hours into my day now! I am thrilled. I have tried many primers but gave up because having extra product under my makeup usually accentuates my lines and pores as the day goes on and nothing controls my oil. This product is so good that on my recent date with a 28yr old man, he couldn't get over my flawless skin :-) Now that's a testimonial!

on 4/22/2014 11:18:00 AM

This was HORRIBLE for my skin. It "balled / beaded up", like I could actually roll pieces of it off my face after smoothing it on. So, needless to say my foundation did NOT go on smoothly over it. Total waste of money.

on 4/10/2014 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've used this long enough to form a real opinion. Does it do what it says? Sort of. Yes it goes on smooth and has a slight blurring effect and makes my foundation glide on nicely. But...it does make my face super oily hours later which just adds to foundation breakdown. I will use the rest of the tube...avoiding my forehead because that is the spot on my face that gets overly oily with this product. If it didn't make my skin so oily, I might purchase it again..but it does so I won't.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a pretty good product and I am scratching my head over the negative reviews. I really don't need a primer but I do like the finish I get when I use one before my foundation. Really helps product smooth over wrinkles under the eyes too. I was alternating between the pricey Lisse Minute from Clarins and L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur. Clarins is lighter, more elegant but doesn't do as much as the L'Oreal product which is thick, fills in those noticeable pores and lines under my eyes so the product goes on nicely without caking. The L'Oreal product seemed to accelerate the disappearance of the foundation though. The Garnier product has the best properties of both. You only need a tiny amount - teeny, tiny. The tube says dime-sized but I say use a quarter of that amount to see results. Yes that little amount dotted on both cheeks will cover up to the eyes and down your chin because this formula has a lot of "slip". It doesn't settle at the first application which is good because you can continue to blend it around. I am currently using the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick and it enables me to use less foundation. And it does make my foundation last and really look fresh after 6 hours. Please give this a try or retry if you originally had disappointing results. The price is right and it is easy to get and if you reduce the amount it is likely you will be happy.

on 2/25/2014 12:22:00 AM

I LOVE this product. It works for me a treat! I honestly could not do without it now. It hides my open pores in seconds and blurs many of my fine lines and wrinkles. I leave it for about a full 5 minutes before gently applying moisturiser and then wait another 5 minutes and apply my foundation. My skin has NEVER looked better and I'm 48! I highly recommend this product.