Garnier 5 sec Perfect Blur

Filtered by age: 25-29
Garnier 5 sec Perfect Blur
Enter Title

3.2

Dimethicone, Dimethicone crosspolymer, Silica (nano) / Silica Isododecane, Aluminium Hydroxide, CI77491 / Iron Oxydes, CI77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate.

on 7/23/2018 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This broke me out so bad. I used this twice and both times I broke out in tiny pustules all over my face! I have used many primers none of which have broke me out. Also didn't do anything to help my makeup. Felt greasy on my skin. Glad this has been discontinued.

This is one of the best primers I've tried (and I tried a lot of them). I don't wear foundation though, so that might make a difference too. It seems like a lot of people who don't like it also wear foundation. I only wear loose powder on top of it. My face is naturally pretty oily, and this does feel a little greasy at first after putting it on, but this along with my powder seem to keep my face oil free most of the day. A lot better than if I only wear powder. It also does blur imperfections very well, and smooths the look of pores. If someone has problem skin or a lot of big pores or deep lines it might not work as well. But for someone who has fairly good skin already, and wears only light makeup or powder, it does the job perfectly. :)
I've tried L'Oreal Miracle Blur (I might've gotten the name wrong), and to me that one is too thick and harder to apply, so I much prefer this one by Garnier. It's spreads over the face a lot easier. And just seems to look better at the end of the day, still fresh and even. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

It has a thick, nice, mattifying but silicony consistence. After applying to my skin, especially my T-zone looks smooth and matte. It also fills fine lines on my forehead and underneath my eyes, but if I use it everyday it makes me break out :( make up goes on smoothly too. But if you NOT have acne-prone skin, this is a nice and cheap primer.

Ok seriously...this stuff makes absolutely zero difference to the appearance of my skin, and also it made me break out. Thank god I got a sample and didn't spend any $$ on it.

on 4/22/2015 12:51:00 AM

I find this product to be very helpful in keeping my makeup set all day. it helps the longevity and staying power of my makeup and I have combination skin. I also like the look of fine lines and wrinkles diminishing with each use. really good option instead of Smashbox photo finish primer.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Meh...this product is just...meh.

I mean, Im sure there are worst products, but there are also way better products. It's not terrible, but I just don't think it actually does anything!!!

I just use this on days when I have extra time to do the extra step of priming - mostly just to use up the product so I dont feel so bad wasting the $17 I paid for it.

Does it prolong the wear of my makeup? Um maybe...but nothing too noticeable and not worth the money, in my opinion.

on 6/26/2014 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I actually really liked it. I had bought an Inglot primer, and this works even better. It works great under my foundation, but I must say that if you're waiting for a miracle, you'll be disappointed. When applied over the moisturizer, your skin does look a bit better, but the true effect comes once you put the foundation on.

on 5/9/2014 6:54:00 AM

I dont understand the negative reviews. This primer is cheap, it doesnt contain any fragrance, it smooths out the skin and has a mousse- feeling texture that isn't oily. Plus it makes makeup go on smoothly. I really recommend it and I will repurchase it for sure!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

I like this more than smashbox photo finish. It makes my skin less oily and blurs imperfections and discoloration. My foundation goes on well on top. I will buy this from now on instead of smashbox

First things first - this is silicone-y as hell! If you are sensitive to those or don't like the feeling, steer clear.
I personally am partial to a little silicone-y primer in my life from time to time to even out all the nooks and crannies on my nose, forehead and chin. However this is not my primer of choice.
Price, packaging and accessibility are fab but this stuff does not agree with any base I put over in, causing it to pill like nobodies business. It also collects in my eyebrows no matter how I try to avoid that area so any eyebrow product I put on pills too...
I prefer Smashbox Photo Finish, more but makeup stays on and works with all my bases. Give this a miss