Muji Foaming net

Muji Foaming net
Foaming net

4.5

on 10/17/2017 11:15:00 AM

This is a really basic thing, like just a layer of their shower puffs (which are awesome, by the way), but it´s really awesome to remove masks, particularly clay masks. I don´t usually bother using this with just cleanser, the cleansers I use are easy to remove with just fingers, but for some masks, this makes a huge difference.

on 8/11/2016 12:12:00 PM

Cheap and convinient to store with the little hanger on top.

Help to foam up your cleanser so you use lesser product and hence minimize after-wash drying sensation.

That's what it promises and what it does, nothing more nothing less. Don't see a need unless you have dry skin.

on 11/10/2013 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is my newest skincare "toy". In my pursuit of the best that Japanese skincare can offer, I stumbled upon the Japanese way of using a bubble or foaming net. It's a technique that turns almost any cleanser into a whipped cream which looks very much like shaving cream. In fact, I'm sure guys could use such a foam to shave with. Do see Haruka's review on her website, ratzillacosme.com....she likes the Muji one the best. And for $12, I purchased 3, including shipping from muji.us/store here in the States (NYC). There are many youtube videos demonstrating how to use the net. One bonus is that you only have to use about half the normal amount of cleanser.....it doesn't take much to whip up a nice mound of foam. Plus it only takes seconds to achieve.

on 4/6/2016 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

OK, I am so late to this party. I even worked at Muji 15 years ago and it didn't even cross my line of sight. But I got here, finally.

I have always liked to feel water on my face to feel clean, but finding a cleanser was like goldilocks, "this face wash is too drying", "this cleansing balm is too claggy" and so it goes on.
This is how I used facial washes before, by squeezing a splodge into my palm and rubbing my hands together with a little water, then applying said splodge onto my wet or dry face. Unsurprisingly this has always resulted in tight, dehydrated, unhappy skin, whereby I have previously blamed the hardness of the water, my skin being too sensitive for commercial face washes, commercial facial washes being too harsh. To be fair I have tried to follow the instructions on the side of the tube/bottle but foaming in my hand didn't really materialise.

Enter the 'foaming' net, so so many years later, I can not believe the difference! A little water on the net, a little product, rub together until a thick foam is created and then you squeeze it all off into your hands and apply this to your face and neck. Massage into your skin, making sure your not dragging your fingers or excessively rubbing your skin and then rinse. My skin tolerates this so much better! The principle of it makes sense, not letting the cleansing gel touch the face without being activated or 'foamed' first. This is so much easier when I am in the shower, with my hair out of the way. I also use less product as well.

As a side note, I did make a DIY version first of all, as I had an old body wash puff in my bathroom. Really easy to make, and works just as well, but the Muji one is really cheap and I was near a Muji shop and I wanted to try a purpose built one. That is why only 4 lippies, you can make your own really easily so please don't spend money on postage and packing when this could potentially be free.

Now I am Jonesing for a slew of foaming cleansers... from Korea.