Burt's Bees Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut and Pear

Burt's Bees Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut and Pear
Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut and Pear

4.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), aroma (flavor)*, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, lanolin, pyrus communis (pear) fruit extract, ammonium glycyrrhizate, tocopherol, glycine soja (soybean) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, canola oil (huile de colza), linalool, limonene, geraniol

on 4/19/2016 2:26:00 PM

I have repurchase again. I love this lip balm. This lip balm is cheap, and hydrated, smell great too.

on 1/24/2016 10:27:00 PM

I love this lip balm. Very moisturizing. Great consistency on the lips. I think scent is pleasant. I used up an entire tube and am on my second one.

on 1/14/2016 5:54:00 PM

I have never used such a good stick lip balm in my life. It goes on so smooth and hydrates really well. There's no dragging the stick across my lips, and it is not at all waxy. The smell is fantastic - tropical and fruity coconut pear (definitely more coconut than pear). I am so happy to have the convenience of a stick, with a high quality balm. This is my first time buying Burt's Bees lip balm, but I will for sure repurchase.

on 12/15/2015 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using Burt's Bees lip balms for years and this is hands down my absolute favorite!

I started off years ago with the original, and it certainly has a special place in my arsenal of lip products. The peppermint oil has a slightly astringent quality that I find works like no other on slightly chapped lips. The beeswax is neither too waxy or thin; it is just right. Over the years I've tried every variety Burt's comes out with and I love them all. But the Coconut Pear is just divine!

I will say this is more for lips that are NOT severly chapped. This, along with Vanilla Bean and to a lesser degree, Wild Cherry have a bit more slip than the original and Pink Grapefruit. I love the scent and do not find it to taste strange or off-putting at all. I do find the coconut to be more present than the pear but I don't mind that at all!

The packaging is the same as your standard balms; I've never had any issues and for $3, you get a ton of product. I use it quite often and have had the same tube since June.

I will say, depending on where you buy your Burt's, stuff that has been sitting on the shelves has the potential to get a little funky, for lack of a better word. This in large part to the 95%+ natural ingredients and lack of preservatives, etc.

So disappointing! Reading the reviews I had high hopes but I just can't use this balm. There is a smell to it and after taste that is very off putting and I can't get past it. It didn't moisturize at all and was a complete waste of money and at $5.00 I'm a little frustrated.

on 6/8/2015 4:37:00 PM

my absolute favorite lip balm!! smells like a tropical vacation and hydrates lips perfectly..

on 3/17/2015 2:13:00 PM

This is probably my favorite Burt's bees, followed by the pomegranate. It is moisturizing, and has very good glide. It is not super creamy but I can feel it sink in, so it actually would help my lips if they were chapped, as well as being a great preventative balm. It is super coconutty, but I like the twist that the pear gives it. Give it a try!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This one is another favorite of mine. Its texture is pretty identical to the Mango Butter one (you can actually buy these two in a set). It leaves my lips smooth and silky and smells delicious. I don't get so much of the pear fragrance, but definitely coconut.

Hands down my favourite chapstick. I love the smell, which could easily get screwed up and be something more along the lines of generic sunblock, but it's not. It also tastes like coconut, which is an added bonus from my (and my boyfriends) point of view. It definitely lives up to its name, specifically, hydrating. My lips feel soft and hydrated and not tight after this product wears off. It also lasts very long on my lips, even though I constantly rub them together. For me, that fact alone is enough to keep this in my lippie regimine permanently.

I've been disappointed by Burt's Bees before, I SO want to like the brand. The creative coconut/pear hydration combo in the name really drew me in. Unfortunately, from the time I popped the cap I was disappointed. First, there's a strait-up sunscreen smell and there's no pear smell at all. Then, when applying, the consistency is very thin. It definitely does not feel like a balm, and lacks any characteristics that could lead to a hydrating lip product. The worst thing of all is that when I put the balm on, my lips were in good condition, and a few minutes after the first application my lips felt wind burnt. Now, a few hours later, my lips are sore and dry. Not an allergic reaction. Unfortunately for me this product does exactly the opposite of what it claims.