Burt's Bees Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut and Pear

Burt's Bees Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut and Pear
Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut and Pear

4.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have to say I really don't understand the ratings, this does nothing for my dry chapped lips and imo is basically useless for anyone living in Canada lol. The texture is waxy and hard, which I'm guessing is from the beeswax and coconut oil. I can't imagine applying this when the weather gets even colder. It didn't seem to moisturize my lips at all, and sometimes I felt like it ended up making my lips even drier :( I haven't tried any other Burts Bees lip balms but this one has put me off from trying any others (especially since the label for this flavor is "hydrating"). The cap is also nail-breakingly hard to take off, if you care about that sort of thing. Overall I'm extremely disappointed with this, it's about as moisturizing as an EOS lip balm (aka NOT). The only good thing about it is that it smells really good.

on 10/14/2016 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Was excited to try this stuff, I wanted to try a new balm to switch it up a little bit. I love coconut and pears and it was cheap so I decided to purchase. That was a mistake.

The fragrance gives me a headache, like a real headache, I had to take some aspirin. Very overwhelming. It feels oily on my lips and I personally hate how that feels. I left it on for the day and my lips didn't change at ALL. In fact, they felt more tight and looked more dry, it was horrible.

The packaging was very poorly made. The top of the balm had a bunch of cracks and weird edges that made it hard to evenly apply. The cap is hard to take off and there's not even a lot in there.

I definitely will not be repurchasing.

To Read all 25 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/19/2016 2:26:00 PM

I have repurchase again. I love this lip balm. This lip balm is cheap, and hydrated, smell great too.

on 4/4/2016 11:02:00 AM

My severely dry lips cracked deep and hurt always. I used medicated lip ointment and sort of workd but not for long. I eas in walmart the other day and ran across burts bees coconut and pear lip balm. Ive tried everything else so fecided to buy and try. Good lord am i ever grateful i did! All cracks are gone they are not sore anymore and they stay soft. Definitely yes i recommend this product.

on 1/24/2016 10:27:00 PM

I love this lip balm. Very moisturizing. Great consistency on the lips. I think scent is pleasant. I used up an entire tube and am on my second one.

on 1/14/2016 5:54:00 PM

I have never used such a good stick lip balm in my life. It goes on so smooth and hydrates really well. There's no dragging the stick across my lips, and it is not at all waxy. The smell is fantastic - tropical and fruity coconut pear (definitely more coconut than pear). I am so happy to have the convenience of a stick, with a high quality balm. This is my first time buying Burt's Bees lip balm, but I will for sure repurchase.

on 1/8/2016 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is my first time trying burts bees lipbalms and i must say i am NOT disappointed at all. if anything i think this is the best lip balm i've tried in my life and ive tried a lot. the scent is a bit strong and it makes me feel nauseated when i first apply it which kinda bothers me, but all the other things about this lip balm is just amazing. it is very moisturizing. it goes well underneath lipstick. it keeps your lips moisturized for hours. and.. its cheap! HG lipbalm at the moment. repurchasing.

on 12/15/2015 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using Burt's Bees lip balms for years and this is hands down my absolute favorite!

I started off years ago with the original, and it certainly has a special place in my arsenal of lip products. The peppermint oil has a slightly astringent quality that I find works like no other on slightly chapped lips. The beeswax is neither too waxy or thin; it is just right. Over the years I've tried every variety Burt's comes out with and I love them all. But the Coconut Pear is just divine!

I will say this is more for lips that are NOT severly chapped. This, along with Vanilla Bean and to a lesser degree, Wild Cherry have a bit more slip than the original and Pink Grapefruit. I love the scent and do not find it to taste strange or off-putting at all. I do find the coconut to be more present than the pear but I don't mind that at all!

The packaging is the same as your standard balms; I've never had any issues and for $3, you get a ton of product. I use it quite often and have had the same tube since June.

I will say, depending on where you buy your Burt's, stuff that has been sitting on the shelves has the potential to get a little funky, for lack of a better word. This in large part to the 95%+ natural ingredients and lack of preservatives, etc.

So disappointing! Reading the reviews I had high hopes but I just can't use this balm. There is a smell to it and after taste that is very off putting and I can't get past it. It didn't moisturize at all and was a complete waste of money and at $5.00 I'm a little frustrated.

on 9/20/2015 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

At roughly 3 bucks a pop, this is a very inexpensive way to moisturize dry lips. I have used several Burt's Bees balms over the years, but I think Coconut Pear is my favorite flavor.

Not much else to say except - I had to buy a replacement because I left it in my hot car and it melted. Other than that, a perfect balm.

Featured Ingredient

Coconut Oil

INGREDIENTS:

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), aroma (flavor)*, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, lanolin, pyrus communis (pear) fruit extract, ammonium glycyrrhizate, tocopherol, glycine soja (soybean) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, canola oil (huile de colza), linalool, limonene, geraniol. *natural flavor