Burt's Bees Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut and Pear

Burt's Bees Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut and Pear
Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut and Pear

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), aroma (flavor)*, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, lanolin, pyrus communis (pear) fruit extract, ammonium glycyrrhizate, tocopherol, glycine soja (soybean) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, canola oil (huile de colza), linalool, limonene, geraniol

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used this awhile ago and was going to write a ho-hum review, basically that I prefer other Burt's Bees chapsticks to this one. Pomegranate is HG for me, and what I grab in cooler weather.

So recently I misplaced my pomegranate chapstick & reached for coconut & pear instead. I thought, "this couldn't be that bad." Well I was wrong! My lips started peeling! I'm not a fan of the fragrance either.

on 12/27/2016 11:23:00 PM

Love. Best lip balm ever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have to say I really don't understand the ratings, this does nothing for my dry chapped lips and imo is basically useless for anyone living in Canada lol. The texture is waxy and hard, which I'm guessing is from the beeswax and coconut oil. I can't imagine applying this when the weather gets even colder. It didn't seem to moisturize my lips at all, and sometimes I felt like it ended up making my lips even drier :( I haven't tried any other Burts Bees lip balms but this one has put me off from trying any others (especially since the label for this flavor is "hydrating"). The cap is also nail-breakingly hard to take off, if you care about that sort of thing. Overall I'm extremely disappointed with this, it's about as moisturizing as an EOS lip balm (aka NOT). The only good thing about it is that it smells really good.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I usually use the original peppermint formula but I might like this one even better! When it comes to lip balm, NOTHING compares to how good Burts Bees products make my lips feel. This balm is so hydrating, my lips get dry because I live in the desert and this is very soothing and moisturizing. I love the smell, and the fact that it is paraben free and doesn't have nasty chemicals. One of my new favorite finds!! Funny story that my boyfriend was the one that bought it but I use it so much its pretty much mine now. :p

on 6/8/2015 4:37:00 PM

my absolute favorite lip balm!! smells like a tropical vacation and hydrates lips perfectly..

I've been disappointed by Burt's Bees before, I SO want to like the brand. The creative coconut/pear hydration combo in the name really drew me in. Unfortunately, from the time I popped the cap I was disappointed. First, there's a strait-up sunscreen smell and there's no pear smell at all. Then, when applying, the consistency is very thin. It definitely does not feel like a balm, and lacks any characteristics that could lead to a hydrating lip product. The worst thing of all is that when I put the balm on, my lips were in good condition, and a few minutes after the first application my lips felt wind burnt. Now, a few hours later, my lips are sore and dry. Not an allergic reaction. Unfortunately for me this product does exactly the opposite of what it claims.