Victoria's Secret Night Eau de Parfum

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

on 9/21/2015 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wearing it now and mmm, it smells like a deep musky-woody blackberry scent. Deep & rich yet smooth too, with nothing scratchy or resiny in the base. Sweetly darkly jammy, but only moderately sweet -- it's certainly nowhere *near* as sweet as, say, VS's "Scandalous" or "Love Me".

The notes are nicely balanced, and IMHO it does achieve the overall effect of the name "Night" -- it's not too fruity for that name. For a VS scent that goes further into rougher resiny woody territory, that would be VS "Fearless" (which I also own & like -- separate review).

Official notes of Night, per the VS website are:
"Black plum, velvet woods and luscious apple"

Per Fragrantica, the notes are:
Top -- Luscious Apple, Ocean Water Mist Accord, Jasmine Noir, Sparkling Lemon, Midnight Orchid, Dark Woods.
Middle -- Hamptons Beach Flower, Tiger Lily, Black Plum, Valencia Orange, Indigo Iris, Midnight Violet, Angel Flower, Purple Peony.
Dry-down -- Dark Amber, Sandalwood, Velvet Woods, Bourbon Vanilla, Driftwood, Tonka Bean, Velvet Musks, White Patchouli, Black Raspberry.

I love "Night"! Great scent for Fall & Winter. Great for nighttime certainly, but for me daytime works too -- esp in Fall & Winter. Rich smooth plummy-woody-musky fragrance, it's EDP and lasts very well, the bottle is pretty -- and I hope they don't discontinue it!

on 7/14/2014 12:54:00 AM

The staying power sucks on this, like all body sprays, however I do really like the scent. its dark without being musky. I guess Im the odd man out cause I like this.

This is somewhat similar to Victoria's Secret, Seductive Dark Orchid, but Dark Orchid is better. This has a slightly masculine vibe, where Dark Orchid is very feminine. It's not bad, and I'm glad to see Victoria's Secret at least trying for a darker scent. I just bought mine yesterday and I think I might return it for something else. It's just too similar to my Dark Orchid I already have to keep, plus I like that one much better. The bottle is gorgeous though, actually prettier than the bottle of Dark Orchid.

Popular Fragrances