L'Oreal Black Richesse Excellence Creme - 2B Intense Blue Black

No Image

4.3

This is for L'Oréal preference in Black Sapphire. I usually use Revlon Colorstay in Brown Black because j like the color and the price is nice. Tonight I was looking for the Natueal Instincts but CVS didn't have blue black, so I opted for this. And wow!!

I've been in the black range for over a year. At 48 it can be tricky but I LOVE it. Much better than the blonde I was for two years. Same maintenance though. Brown Black was great but I don't like the reddish that's peeking in. Blue black sounded like fun. Picked this up and first, more than enough color for my bra strap length hair. The blue in the dye developed very quickly. Black hair dye is just messy and there's not a lot one can do to combat that. It cleaned up nicely and I let it sit for 25 minutes. The smell was strong with this one. Lathered up nicely too during the rinse out. Seemed like it would take forever but it did rinse. Then the conditioner. It's not bad. Towel dried then did my usual routine to dry and flat iron.

My hair smells a bit funky, but the color is amazing. I combed the color through with an old wide tooth comb and it helped ensure it was an even application. My hair feels amazing. Very little breakage that I could see. My hair isn't weighed down and look and it's not brittle either.

My mom always used L'Oréal. I have in the past but strayed. Can't wait to see how this holds up over the next few weeks but I'm not disappointed in the least. I'll buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got L'Oreal Richesse demi-perm in Copper Chestnut 5.42. This was a direct salon supply tube, not the Excellence packaging, but I don't see any other place to put this and I suspect they are related products since they both advertise rich, reflective tones in the color. I used this color with a volume 10 developer and left it in for thirty minutes, and it did leave my hair with a rich tone and very shiny. It pulled a little darker than I was expecting, but usually that's a sign of a color that will fade well. The reds are a little more cool plum than I was expecting from a color that has both chestnut and copper in the name, but I like it. It did a fantastic job of covering my gray. It's a little spendier than most tubes I get, but I might buy it again.

on 11/7/2013 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Funny how the image I have of myself doesn't always match up with what I actually look like. In my mind's eye I have black hair. I'm genetically (mostly) Asian/Pacific Islander, and both of my parents are mostly Asian/PI, and we have black hair. But then sometimes I go outside and happen to see my hair in the sunshine, and it's not really black. It seems to grow out of my head black, but then turns into a bronzy dark brown for no apparent reason, and I think, "That's not right!" And when I was a small child, my mother cut my long thick hair and saved it. I didn't have black hair as a kid. It was definitely medium brown. Anyway, I usually think natural is best, but when it comes to my hair, I want black hair. BLACK BLACK hair. In the last few months I've been resenting the reddish bronze I see when I go outside, and I decided to color it.

This is definitely BLACK-BLACK. I don't think I've ever seen my hair darker. It's rich and inky. I LOVE THIS. It feels right. I don't really see any blue though. The last couple of times I colored my hair, I used foam kits. This is the traditional sort, and it came with a comb tip but that didn't work well for me. I switched back to the regular applicator tip. It was a bit messy, but coloring my hair usually is. I applied the protection cream to my ends, then spread on Vaseline around my hairline and neck and on my ears and put on a clay mask to both treat my face and protect it from color, then got to work. I left it on for 30 minutes, lathered up and rinsed until the water was clear. It seemed to stain my cuticles but a couple of hand washings took care of that. Oh, and the few greys I've seen sprouting lately are gone. I don't have a lot of grey yet for some reason, which is weird because my father was salt and pepper by 21, so I can't really judge this objectively when it comes to covering grey, but overall this is a great product in my opinion. The fumes weren't bad, my hair doesn't seem any drier than it was before, and my only real complaint is the pair of flimsy gloves. Okay, they worked. They protected my hands but I like the heavier pro gloves that come with JF and Garnier a lot better.

Popular Hair Color Products