Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

3.9

Sativa Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Peg 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylyl retinol Methicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really nice facial oil option from the drugstore. I think I paid around $10 for 1 fl. oz., which lasted me several months using once or twice a day most days. It contains retinol and Vitamin C, so you need to wear sunscreen when you're using this--especially if you apply it for day. It's moisturizing and sheeny, but not in the least bit greasy.

I was concerned that this would have the classic Palmer's cocoa butter scent, which I like but have to be in the right mood for. I needn't have worried as, true to the label, this has a light rosy scent.

The packaging is great--a brown glass bottle with a dropper that protects the product from light and, to some extent, air. My one complaint would be that the dropper doesn't reach far enough down. Eventually, you'll have to pour the product out.

I plan to experiment with other facial oils (I have another retinol product to try and want to use a retinol-free facial oil with it), but I very well may repurchase this beautiful, bargainous oil.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This oil feels so good on my dry, 45 year old skin. I tend to use AHAs and Retinols throughout the week, so a couple of times a week, I use this to quench my dry skin with a good drink. It feels so awesome as it sinks into my skin. The scent is extremely subtle, fortunately. It absorbs nicely. I put it on at night and in the morning, my face looks and feels so fresh. Great price. One caveat - the dropper holds a very generous dosage of the oil. Fill the dropper only halfway or less so you don't waste.

on 6/27/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product but I should've known that if I had to put it down after only using it for a week, then it wasn't for me. Despite that it makes my skin feel soft and smooth, and that I genuinely believe all the ingredients are great for the skin, it will give me big pimples after a few days. Even though it's only one or two, it's not worth it to risk my finally bump free skin that I worked so hard for (and now haha back to square one) just for the sake of some nutrients that I can find elsewhere. Sadly, my good experiences with this were short lived.

on 4/11/2016 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this oil! I've only been using it for a week on a spot that's not so obvious on my nose to test the results and I must say I'm very impressed! I have oily, sensitive acne-prone skin so I try not to put on active pimples because the formula is lightweight but still tad too oily for my liking. It doesn't clog my skin and I normally put in on my scars before I sleep, in replacement of my night moisturiser and it does work!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This leaves my skin moisturizer, smooth and radiant. Perfect packaging for less than 100% stable ingredients (dark bottle with dropper). I have drying skin so I use about .75 of a dropper and really spread it around generously. No break outs, just glory skin. I've been getting lots of compliments lately for an old lady.

on 11/6/2015 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this oil. The ingredients -- retinols and Vitamin C, for starters -- are appealing for a skin care junkie. The price is great, too, to get such a good amount of product for about $10. It's a touch scented with rose, which I was first worried about but I find it doesn't bother me. (I'm not a fan of scented skin products.) The oil applies nicely and soaks in well, leaving no greasy feel. After a few moments my face is a bit softer and moisturized but there's no oily feel left behind. (My skin tends to be normal in summer and dryer in winter.) It's especially nice in winter, and I think my skin looks a bit better using this regularly. It hasn't completely gotten rid of dark spots or scars, but they look a bit better and I think my skin looks a little fresher and dewier. It hasn't irritated my skin or anything either, with breakouts or any other troubles.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I got a sample from this and noticed it made my face soft. I was happy to see it in walmart for 9-10$. I decided to give it a try because i have few skin problems, adult acne, scars and some early signs of aging (fine lines on forehead). It is an oil... its not too greasy at all. It does contain some vitamins in retinol. It has made my face so soft and has become my staple moisturizer. It is reducing my fine lines more and more everyday and has really brought some confidwnce back to me about the skin on my face. It is not causing dry skin on my face (it feels perfectly moisturized and soft and less rough). However, it making my lips extremely dry no matter how much lip balm i apply. It is doing great things for my skin tough and i will continue using it unless i get any worse reactions.

Update: with continued use my skin became slightly redened and irritated by the retinol. I saw no further improvements in my skin so I ended up tossing it.

on 10/27/2014 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

I have pretty tough skin, but obviously not tough enough. This is one of the few products that I have developed sensitivity to. The other is

I got a horrible rash around my lips while I used this - I couldn't use lipstick and most lip balms. Now that I have stopped using this, my rash has disappeared and I can use lipsticks! Very important for my highly pigmented lips...

I love this, it's my new HG oil. My skin has always been okay - not great, but no major breakouts or problems - until about 9 months ago when I had an issue with hormonal acne along my cheek/jaw which left me with a rather nasty case of Post Inflammatory Erythema (PIE). Over the course of months I've tried different OCM oils, BHAs, AHAs, serums, toners, you name it. Silicone sheets were next in line - I was going to treat it as PIH as I was running out of ideas, but then I popped this into my basket when ordering from iHerb. I live in Ireland however and try to buy only cruelty-free so product choices are somewhat limited.

Within a matter of 2-3 days of using this my skin feels and looks better. I don't know if it's the retinol (I would have guessed it's in a very small dose here, so small as to negate any real effects, but maybe it isn't), vitamin C (I've tried a few different C serums, no real results), argan oil or whatever - but it's working wonders. I still have a way to go but my skin is improving rapidly. My PM routine (I only use this oil at night), if relevant, is as follows:

- OCM with jojoba oil, or mineral oil
- After-cleanse with generic balm cleanser I have lying around or Sibu Sea Buckthorn Cleansing Face & Body Bar
- Paula's Choice 2% BHA lotion, wait 20-30 mins (alternate this nightly with Nip Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads)
- Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray (mostly to dampen my skin and help spread the serum around)
- Silk Naturals Awesome Sauce Facial Serum
- Derma E Refining Vitamin A Wrinkle Creme
- Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray (again, just for ease of application)
- Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil (3 drops)

My routine is in flux and will probably change but at the moment this is what I'm using. My skin type is combo with occasional bouts of dehydration, and incredibly insensitive. It's practically leather as I react to any ingredient so, so rarely.

Amber bottle and dropper combo is always a plus for me, and I keep it in a drawer out of direct light unless I'm using it. It's by no means a dry oil, so don't expect it to sink right in - I massage lightly and then leave it to do its thing. I'm not a fan of rose scents in general but this is quite light and inoffensive. I sleep, then wake up with radiant, glowing, plump skin.*

*Well, no. I am not a radiant woman. But it does make me feel nicer.

TL:DR, I love it. Give it a try. Go on. Do.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have oily skin but loved how this feels on my skin and I LOVE the scent. Trouble is
I can rarely find it in my area. Due to my skin type I would only use this at night and not all the time. I like the way it feels on my skin and wish I could use it more often but in my case more moisture does NOT make my skin produce less oil.
I do like this a lot though.

UPDATE: I am able to find this in my walmart in the healthcare/pharmacy section where they have the cortisone and antibacterial creams etc.