Palmer's Skin Therapy Face Oil

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Palmer's Skin Therapy Face Oil
Skin Therapy Face Oil

4.7

Sativa Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Peg 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylyl retinol Methicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 5/23/2018 10:03:00 AM

This is probably my favorite facial oil. It doesn't have a cloying scent, absorbs quickly, and makes my skin soft, and smooth. I'm not sure if the retinol has done anything to my forehead wrinkles yet, but time will tell. Will repurchase.

on 10/14/2016 12:45:00 AM

Long time user of retinols here, but very infrequent user of Vitamin C. I was quite excited to see the two combined in one product and even more excited to see it in oil form. I am yet to use this around the eye area because I am really scared to use oils around the eye, but I have used it extensively on the rest of my face (and hands) and I am really pleased with it. Palmer's are getting very clever with their products. They seem to know what the public want and their move into cosmeceuticals at affordable prices is really fabulous.

This product comes in a glass dropper bottle which is designed to protect the contents from the sun and light which would render the contents useless. It applies really easily because the oil has lots of slip. I use about 6 drops on clean skin. Prior to using this, I was using Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle serum which I absolutely adore, but I did find it quite drying. The Palmers Skin Therapy Oil leaves my skin feeling moist and the next day it still feels really comfortable. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and I am so happy with the look and feel of my skin. I am also using this on my hands every night. It is really importantt to use a high SPF sunscreen during the day if you are using this product.

I am really impressed with the price and quality of this product and will definitely repurchase.

on 8/23/2016 10:14:00 AM

Best facial oil I've used and so reasonably priced! I was using bio oil but stopped using it when I found it contains paraffin wax 😯. I found with Palmers, a little goes a long way! It comes with a dropper lid and as stated by other users, half a dropper is enough to cover face, neck and chest. I'm from the UK, over there this product is £10.50 so $9.95 in Canada seems like a bargain to me. I use the Palmers body oil mixed with Vaseline intensive care cream (makes the product last longer) on my body after showering too. Both palmers products work wonders for my skin. Love, love, love.

on 1/31/2016 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product! I use it daily in multiple ways. I put a couple of drops on my face after my moisturizer as a primer, then I mix it with my liquid foundation to sheer it out to a natural dewy look, then I put a couple of drops on my beauty blender to blend out my concealer. (Sounds like overkill, but I love the way it makes my skin and makeup look!) At night I put a couple of drops on before my moisturizer and let it sink in. I don't know that I've noticed many skin benefits other than my face being better moisturized, but it hasn't made me break out and I will certainly repurchase it for its use in my makeup routine rather than my skincare routine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This oil moisturizes and feels good on my skin, but I believe it breaks me out. So if you are breakout prone (as I am -- otherwise I'm combo/dry w/ oily T zone), I'd be wary. I preferred to use this at night, but now I'm using an Olay serum.

on 3/2/2015 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I would give this product a 10 if I could. This product is AMAZING, I cant find a better word to describe it. I've been using it for about 2 weeks, and I can see great results already!! I have many acne scars in my face and I found it on Walmart and wanted to give it a try and I love it!! My acne scars are less noticeable and my redness on the sides of my nose just disappeared! Besides my skin feels so soft. I have sensitive eyes, and it didn't irritate my eyes, its liquidy and runny but it dries fast, and its kind of a dry oil, it doesn't feel think. I plan to buy this again and again.

on 12/8/2014 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

As-per-usual, I like to start with a story: Switching up and tailoring your skincare routine to the changing seasons is no marketing sham - your skin has different needs as what the season calls for.
In the summer I like to use gel-based moisturizers but that doesn't work when winter comes because my skin dries out, my hair dries out, the air dries out... and then there's all this static that comes from alla that mess. I BATHE in hair conditioner, body oil, and body lotion /post-shower/. Crazy. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. You'd think a heavy-duty cream would do the trick, right?

Well, I have dry, sensitive skin. My pores are getting pretty crater-y, too. :c
A quick search on Google (something along the lines of "best moisturizers for winter", you're bound to find a list of products) got me comparing a good pick of the litter for under $30 (from Harper's Bazaar)-- I don't really ho myself out for high-end. After all that research I ended up picking up this at a local Target - the last one on the shelf, on a whim, just because I laid eyes on it. It was only $10 for 1 oz. so I'm not understanding this triple $$$ pricetag MUA gave it, when Caudalie or whatever has it for $40 for the same amount, lolwut.

Pros: The price is right. You don't need a lot -- at least for my face, 4 drops (dime-size) is enough to lightly and evenly cover my face and half my neck. The rosehip smell they mention is undetectable...to me, at least, it just smells like a lightly scented Palmer's product. I like to massage my face a few minutes after applying because the slip the oil gives me - benefits: increased blood circulation and a brighter complexion. The oil definitely banishes my flaking skin (usually my nostrils, forehead, and cheeks) and I daresay, heals my skin?! I only apply this at nighttime because I feel the sun will "fry" my skin with the oil on and sleeping with it really plumps my skin up in the morning.

Cons: What is 4 drops??? More like 4 plops. The tinted glass bottle is fine because oils can spoil in light--everything is wrong with the dropper. The dispenser is made of glass and has no suction so it'll drip whether you squeeze the top or not. No biggie though, I've mastered how much I need per application to get some really nice results out of the product.

TLDR: The oil is awesome for my super-parched, bone-dry winter skin. I like to use it at night before sleeping. The dropper kinda sucks, though. It'll only set you back $10. Experiment with it. It's also paraben and phthalate-free, isn't that cool?

on 6/19/2014 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a big product junkie and I've tried so many serums/facial oils to try and fade post acne marks and discoloration. Clinique, Este Lauder, Clarins, Origins, even La Mer! and nothing. Absolutely no results. 1 day when I was buying a new cleanser I saw this at target and decided to try it. OH MY GOD!!!!!! I've finally found something that's lighting and fading my pitting and discoloration and for around $10! Not 40, 53, 62, 78, 100+ only about 11.99? I would recommend this to anyone I personally just use a few drops alone or sometimes I'll mix the drops with my moisturizer. I only use this at night because of its retinol content. As fare as anti aging goes I feel this very important even for me! Yes I'm still very young but my skins already experienced too much damage so I take skin care seriously!!!! I'm sure this would work very well for dry and aging skins. It's been doing wonders for my oily combo damaged skin. Highly recommended

on 5/9/2014 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

This was scary because I'm very oily, but this is actually making my makeup stay fresh longer without blotting. Either it is going to make me break out in hell boils or they'll quit making it. But until then......it's brilliant on my super oily mega sensitive skin!

on 11/9/2013 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Really nice light but super hydrating oil for the face. This is sweet almond oil and grapeseed oil based which I've used before, just plain, on my skin. I decided to try this about 6 weeks ago because of the increasingly cold weather and my skin had become parched, red (irritation from a moisturiser) and greasy. This left my skin super soft and I use it under make-up too and even mix a few drops in with my foundation or BB cream for a more "glow-y" look. It's not greasy as long as you follow directions and just use a few drops or less. At night I tend to be more heavy-handed with it because of the dry patches. I love that it has no overpowering scent as my skin reacts like crazy to essential oils and heavily fragranced skincare.

I would recommend this to anyone who's skin gets on well with almond/grapeseed or other oils. I have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin and this hasn't caused breakouts. In fact, I know oils have helped my acne-prone/beat-up skin by repairing the barrier so the skin can function normally and look better.

Lastly - it's not pricey, about $12-13 for a 30 mL vial, which is a nice dark vial that keeps the oil from going rancid and being exposed to light and air.

UPDATE - Still using this, however for winter anyone with combo leaning dry or dry skin will probably need cream on top, while in warmer weather I can get away with using this alone. My skin has gotten slightly drier on the cheeks and I put a bit of Vaseline or a heavier cream like CeraVe (in the tub) on top and it works great, no breakouts, no flakies, just nice soft skin!