Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

Filtered by hair type : Other
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

4.4

Sativa Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Peg 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylyl retinol Methicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 5/28/2018 9:46:00 AM

This is the first time I add an oil treatment step into my skincare routine. Usually I use only normal gel/cream with salicylic acid to moisturizing without breaking out. However, this oil add-in step made me changed the whole thing.

I have Asian oily/combination skin with large pores, so before applying this I had to make sure my face was cleaned but still damp a bit. I massaged the oil between my fingers to avoid harsh reaction on skin, then applied it in circular motion on face and neck except the eyes area. It felt pretty stingy at first, the oil was fast absorbed, had a light rosehip smell and smoothened the skin texture. However, a few minutes later when I think it was enough for not applying the moisturizer, it started drying me out. I had to add another layer of cream on top to sooth the dryness.

So far I have been using this for 3 weeks. The very first week I ignored the instruction of introducing retinol product to skin and applied it every night before bedtime. It was kind of a bad decision. The purging session happened too fast and my forehead was cover with little white cysts; old bumps under chin and jaw line which were hidden from last time then popped up again like crazy.
The second week I slowed it down by using only every other day, also dapped aspirin lotion to spots and redness area. Nothing changed much but I noticed that my skin texture didn't showed the dryness when using foundation, which I was glad.
The third week I realized my acne scars had been left from the second week started to heal and the bruised from squeezing was lighten. I still had some white cysts under chin but it could be solved by Queen Helene mint clay mask.
I think this oil does help somehow, for my skin is more even without oily here and drying there. To avoid clog pores I use steamed facial every night before bedtime, then apply the oil and moisturizing cream mixed with coconut oil to make sure the goodness can go all in. However, the next morning I have to wash it away and apply suncream before going out, because there was time I skipped this step and the sun did burn me badly :(

This oil is ok for a retinol starter, but if you have dry sensitive skin, try the retinoid first (which is a lighter version of vitamin A, in some Estee Lauder's products they have it). Palmer fits my buget, is distributed in every drugstores and supermarkets; good packaging, no need for product's commitment with any distinct ingredients. If it runs out I will surely buy it again.

on 3/2/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I used it once (last night) and my face started tingling... I woke up this morning and had little red bumps on my normally fairly clear skin (mostly my forehead and cheeks). Granted, my period is starting next week so my hormones are out of whack, but this doesn't normally happen to me.
I tried it again tonight and got the same tingling sensation and I find the red bumps were more prominent. I wiped it off and put on a hydrating pore-minimalizing face mask by TonyMoly on instead. I feel like this Palmer's oil did more harm than good for my skin.

I have VERY DRY and SENSITIVE skin. I do not recommend for those who have sensitive skin. I think this could have worked for me if my skin weren't so sensitive because I felt like it did hydrate my skin but it caused blemishes. I choose the lesser of two evils (which is dry). For hydration alone, I give it 2 lippies. I think it may be the retinol that I'm having a reaction to. After reading reviews here and some other beauty sites, retinol seems to be a very polarizing product.

Buyer/user beware - do your research first.

on 4/13/2015 9:26:00 PM

I am in love with this product!!!

Normally i'm too lazy to write reviews...but if there's a product that amazes me, it gives me the energy to share and just rave about it.

Saw this at a Walgreens shelf. I was supposed to buy something else. But the
wonderful blend of beneficial face oils caught my fancy. So first thing i did was to check the reviews at Makeupalley. The high rating enticed me. But it doesn't mean that what worked for others will work for me. Plus the price tag doesn't hurt to try it.

Been using this for a few months and no breakouts or rashes on my super sensitive skin. It made my skin feel softer and smoother.

I apply it at night. And voila! Every morning when i wake up my skin keeps looking better and better. My dark spots have lightened and my skin looks radiant. I still can't get over how cheaply this is priced. I would still buy it even if it costs more than $50! That's how much i love this!!!

on 2/24/2015 2:08:00 AM

I love this stuff. I have used it for about 2 weeks my skin is soft and more even toned. no problems with breakouts or irritation. It has a light fragrant smell. I love to use this as a stress reliever after a bath. I put a few drops on my finger tips and gently massage into my face. So relaxing. For me it dries after a couple of hours to a soft finish. I only use it at night and don't apply a moisturizer on top..don't want to suffocate skin. It comes in a 1 oz. brown bottle with a dropper It's really worth a try if your skin is o.k. with these natural oils, my skin is combo and no problems with this. At walmart I have seen a "use now" coupon attached to some of the boxes for $2 off. So the product is about $7 w/coupon. It's so refreshing to buy a really nice product at an affordable cost.

on 5/22/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Didn't quite know what to expect but I was pleaseantly (sp) surprised by how much I like this oil.I normally use argan oil, but had run out and thought eh, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. I use it at night after washing my face and leaving it damp. It honestly makes a big difference as to how this product works for me. When I used to apply it to my completely dry face it was just so-so and I wasn't sure if I would buy it again. Once I started using it on my damp face I could tell the difference. My skin felt much more hydrated after the oil was absorbed.

on 5/22/2014 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I finished a 6 month course of Accutane (isotretinoin) in mid-April. My skin is fairly scarred from the extensive acne I had, but I haven't yet had any recurrence of blemishes. I've been using this face oil nightly for the past few weeks, and I really love it!

The packaging:

I think the packaging on this could use a little work. I do like the dropper and glass bottle, but the bottle tends to leak, either from the threads of the cap or from the rubber top to the dropper. When I purchased it, there was a small amount of oil on the bottle already, and I have lost a small amount of product when the packaging has been sealed but knocked over. I don't think this packaging would be very travel friendly.

Value:

I think this is a really great value, especially compared to some of the pricier facial oils on the market. I picked it up for around $12.99 at Walgreens. You don't need very much of the product to have plenty to apply to your face and neck, so I anticipate it lasting at least a few months.

Product:

One thing I really like about this product is the scent. It has a lovely "rosehip" scent, that smells very much like slightly sweet roses. I was previously using Neem oil on my face at night, but I eventually found the smell to be overpowering. The scent of this doesn't bother me at all, and I really enjoy it.

As I've been using the product for a few weeks, I haven't noticed any drastic improvement as of yet. It is definitely quite moisturizing. I apply it after cleansing and toning my skin before bed. My skin is fresh and hydrated in the morning when I wake up. One thing to note is that this product does contain some Retinol, so a SPF of at least 15 would be advisable while using it.

I haven't experienced any pimples or breakouts since using this product.

Overall:

I am really quite smitten! I hope they'll keep this product on the shelves for a long time. Hopefully it will become easier to find in Canada as well. Aside from a few small issues with packaging, I'm really pleased.

on 4/14/2014 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

In sum, this feels a lot like pure argan oil but with less greasiness and slightly less of a moisturizing effect. If pure argan oil is a 10 (for moisture), this mixture of oils is a solid 8.5. Non irritating to acne prone skin. Slightly rosy scent. Compared to similar oil mixes, this is tops for quality and for price. A definite repurchase.

UPDATE 6/3/14: I'm raising this to a solid 9.5. Over the past several weeks, I've used this alone, over antioxident creams, serums, and to calm irritation from an agressive peel. Each time, the result has been noticeably softer skin with absolutely no irritation. I just hope Palmers doesn't change or cheapen the formula in the future because right now this is a winner!

on 3/6/2014 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

My skin: Combination with dry spots (especially in winter) and oily T-zone.

How I use this: After cleansing my skin at night. Then let it sink in for ~2 min. After that I apply my Palmer's Night Renewal Cream. Voilą, done.

Results: I found that my pores got less visible, and my skin is as smooth as a baby-butt, no exaggerations. Eventhough my skin isn't overly dry, this face oil worked wonders. It didn't make me oilier or leave a nasty film on my face. I haven't used this long enough to make any comments about treating fine lines and dark spots. But it hydrates my skin and makes it so so soft. Also, it has no real smell to it, which is appreciate in skin care. No break outs either. What a gem!