Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

3.6

Sativa Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Peg 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylyl retinol Methicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 1/19/2018 11:12:00 AM

So after reading other reviews I must say that the reason people see the bumps after a couple uses is because it’s helping purge the skin of the bacteria. What happens to your face today is a result of things from 30-60 days ago. For instance something you’re stressed about today will effect your hair, skin, and nails a month from now. I use this product every night and it’s helping heal acne scars from years ago and even lightening age marks and freckles I’ve developed from the sun. I’ve been using it for about 3 years now and I’ve noticed my skin tone evening out as well. I would definitely recommend the product.

on 8/9/2017 10:09:00 AM

I tried samples packs of this . I woke up to 2 new hard deep acne which was very worrying. I never had this type/ new acne for years / only get them from a bad allergy. It was just two hard acne .. but it was enough for me to be scared and swear it off. Edit: I tried it again . This time I woke up to small white acne all over my face . My skin looked red and irritated .it was dry, acne and swollen all at the same time . Swearing it off for life. On my body it’s actually okay . Probably it’s the mineral oil .

on 10/3/2016 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm undecided about this product. Previously was using the normal therapy oil (not for face) and that worked well for old acne scarring and moisturising. Before I purchased, I read the reviews here: most were very positive but a few mentioned breaking out after using it. After using it for a week, I noticed I was getting cystic like acne on my forehead, and some deep blackheads around my nose. I am acne prone, so the reviews that mentioned breakouts really pinged my radar, and I can confirm that it does cause breakouts if you're prone. I stopped using the oil, but it seemed to have set off a bout of hard to get rid of, deep, acne on my forehead which a month later is still ongoing. It's a pity because just a few months before that I was almost clear of pimples and wanted to use the oil for the hyper-pigmentation it left behind.

on 2/4/2015 4:56:00 PM

I've been using this for a few months now. It definitely lightened the brown pigment spots on my cheek. I can't put it under my eyes because it dries out the skin to the point that it feels irritated. I also apply this on my hands and I must say it got rid of my age spots and my nails look beautiful. I paid 9.99 at Wal Mart. Worth the price and a little goes a long way.

on 11/6/2014 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely hate this product! A rubbish dupe for Bio oil. Too thin, left my face dry, cracked and it didn't do anything for me! The only pro is the smell. Very dissapointed...

on 5/22/2014 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I finished a 6 month course of Accutane (isotretinoin) in mid-April. My skin is fairly scarred from the extensive acne I had, but I haven't yet had any recurrence of blemishes. I've been using this face oil nightly for the past few weeks, and I really love it!

The packaging:

I think the packaging on this could use a little work. I do like the dropper and glass bottle, but the bottle tends to leak, either from the threads of the cap or from the rubber top to the dropper. When I purchased it, there was a small amount of oil on the bottle already, and I have lost a small amount of product when the packaging has been sealed but knocked over. I don't think this packaging would be very travel friendly.

Value:

I think this is a really great value, especially compared to some of the pricier facial oils on the market. I picked it up for around $12.99 at Walgreens. You don't need very much of the product to have plenty to apply to your face and neck, so I anticipate it lasting at least a few months.

Product:

One thing I really like about this product is the scent. It has a lovely "rosehip" scent, that smells very much like slightly sweet roses. I was previously using Neem oil on my face at night, but I eventually found the smell to be overpowering. The scent of this doesn't bother me at all, and I really enjoy it.

As I've been using the product for a few weeks, I haven't noticed any drastic improvement as of yet. It is definitely quite moisturizing. I apply it after cleansing and toning my skin before bed. My skin is fresh and hydrated in the morning when I wake up. One thing to note is that this product does contain some Retinol, so a SPF of at least 15 would be advisable while using it.

I haven't experienced any pimples or breakouts since using this product.

Overall:

I am really quite smitten! I hope they'll keep this product on the shelves for a long time. Hopefully it will become easier to find in Canada as well. Aside from a few small issues with packaging, I'm really pleased.

on 4/30/2014 6:33:00 PM

I have been using this product for a few years and I really love it. I suffer from pretty bad hyperpigmentation and acne, and this oil has made all the difference in getting rid of and fading bad acne scars.

My biggest tip is to PAT this on the skin, DO NOT rub. At night, after cleansing and toning, I moisturize with Palmer's Cocoa Butter, and then add a layer of this oil on top. I rub in the cocoa butter lotion, pat it around so it can sink in a bit. Then I put one pump of the skin therapy oil in my hand, rub it between my hands, then pat it firmly and slowly all over my face.

I used to rub the oil in, but that just made my face red and irritated, and neither product penetrated the skin as well. This article set me straight http://thebeautydepartment.com/2013/11/how-to-use-facial-oil/

I definitely recommend this product for anyone with dry skin or hyperpigmentation.

on 11/7/2013 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first received a sample of this product in a Cosmo magazine a month back and was immediately impressed. It came at such a great time too! I was suffering from the worse hormonal breakout in my LIFE (I just recovered from GERD, so my messed up internals might've had something to do with it). My entire jawline and cheeks had large painful cystic acne and I was even too afraid to leave my room without my family judging me :/

I have read all the rave about using oils for your face, but the idea of putting any extra oil to my already oily face was scary! However, I sucked up and just thought, "It couldn't get worse than this!" So I used it religiously morning (before sunscreen and foundation) and at night after I wash my face. And today, almost 3 weeks after purchasing the full size bottle on their website - my face is clear of ACTIVE cystic acne/breakouts. And I no longer have to use blotting paper! Which is a blessing, because I used to have to blot every few hours because my oil was so out of control.

However, I am suffering from the aftermath of my battle with the cystic acne with the acne scars ;___; But I hope with a couple of months of continuous use (in conjunction with my Hada Labo Shirojyun Lotion), my face will be more even toned and clearer! *crosses finger*

I would definitely recommend this to my friends, but I would really rather keep it my own little secret. lol! The price is about $12.99 before taxes, which is not bad at all considering that it comes in a nice brown glass bottle with a dropper, and you only really need 3-5 drops at most for the entire face. (More at night, less in the morning.)