Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

4.1

Sativa Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Peg 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylyl retinol Methicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 5/28/2018 9:46:00 AM

This is the first time I add an oil treatment step into my skincare routine. Usually I use only normal gel/cream with salicylic acid to moisturizing without breaking out. However, this oil add-in step made me changed the whole thing.

I have Asian oily/combination skin with large pores, so before applying this I had to make sure my face was cleaned but still damp a bit. I massaged the oil between my fingers to avoid harsh reaction on skin, then applied it in circular motion on face and neck except the eyes area. It felt pretty stingy at first, the oil was fast absorbed, had a light rosehip smell and smoothened the skin texture. However, a few minutes later when I think it was enough for not applying the moisturizer, it started drying me out. I had to add another layer of cream on top to sooth the dryness.

So far I have been using this for 3 weeks. The very first week I ignored the instruction of introducing retinol product to skin and applied it every night before bedtime. It was kind of a bad decision. The purging session happened too fast and my forehead was cover with little white cysts; old bumps under chin and jaw line which were hidden from last time then popped up again like crazy.
The second week I slowed it down by using only every other day, also dapped aspirin lotion to spots and redness area. Nothing changed much but I noticed that my skin texture didn't showed the dryness when using foundation, which I was glad.
The third week I realized my acne scars had been left from the second week started to heal and the bruised from squeezing was lighten. I still had some white cysts under chin but it could be solved by Queen Helene mint clay mask.
I think this oil does help somehow, for my skin is more even without oily here and drying there. To avoid clog pores I use steamed facial every night before bedtime, then apply the oil and moisturizing cream mixed with coconut oil to make sure the goodness can go all in. However, the next morning I have to wash it away and apply suncream before going out, because there was time I skipped this step and the sun did burn me badly :(

This oil is ok for a retinol starter, but if you have dry sensitive skin, try the retinoid first (which is a lighter version of vitamin A, in some Estee Lauder's products they have it). Palmer fits my buget, is distributed in every drugstores and supermarkets; good packaging, no need for product's commitment with any distinct ingredients. If it runs out I will surely buy it again.

on 5/23/2018 10:03:00 AM

This is probably my favorite facial oil. It doesn't have a cloying scent, absorbs quickly, and makes my skin soft, and smooth. I'm not sure if the retinol has done anything to my forehead wrinkles yet, but time will tell. Will repurchase.

Palmers is really impressing me! I have combination skin but it gets very dry around my mouth in the winter. I purchased the cleansing oil and loved it so my next purchase was this oil. I have nothing but good things to say. No breakouts (however, I’m not prone to them at all). My skin is so soft! I even use it under my primer and my makeup looks amazing! Another nice thing - I use it around my eyes with no problems.

All the lippies for me !

on 4/28/2017 8:11:00 AM

I think facial oils are very much a personal thing: stuff that I love (Weleda Sweet Almond Oil) seems to be out of whack for many folks, and vice versa. I had high hopes for this because of the stellar results other reviewers mentioned, and this review is not meant to discount other people`s positive opinion. It`s just that this oil didn`t work for me in the same way. From reading the negative reviews, I am guessing that if you have sensitive skin that easily gets clogged, this oil will only irritate and break you out. The first night after applying it, I woke up with red blotches and the beginning of 3 cysts, although my skin did feel hydrated. The second night of use, the cysts seem to grow worse. So on the third night, I went back to my Weleda almond oil and the next morning the cysts and blotches were gone. That almond oil is pixie dust for my skin. I am now using the rosehip oil on my chest, and it seems to be doing okay for that, no major breakouts there. Needless to say I will not repurchase, but if you don`t have my skin type, give it a shot: it`s cheap and it has a good ingredient list.

on 10/14/2016 12:45:00 AM

Long time user of retinols here, but very infrequent user of Vitamin C. I was quite excited to see the two combined in one product and even more excited to see it in oil form. I am yet to use this around the eye area because I am really scared to use oils around the eye, but I have used it extensively on the rest of my face (and hands) and I am really pleased with it. Palmer's are getting very clever with their products. They seem to know what the public want and their move into cosmeceuticals at affordable prices is really fabulous.

This product comes in a glass dropper bottle which is designed to protect the contents from the sun and light which would render the contents useless. It applies really easily because the oil has lots of slip. I use about 6 drops on clean skin. Prior to using this, I was using Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle serum which I absolutely adore, but I did find it quite drying. The Palmers Skin Therapy Oil leaves my skin feeling moist and the next day it still feels really comfortable. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and I am so happy with the look and feel of my skin. I am also using this on my hands every night. It is really importantt to use a high SPF sunscreen during the day if you are using this product.

I am really impressed with the price and quality of this product and will definitely repurchase.

on 8/23/2016 10:14:00 AM

Best facial oil I've used and so reasonably priced! I was using bio oil but stopped using it when I found it contains paraffin wax 😯. I found with Palmers, a little goes a long way! It comes with a dropper lid and as stated by other users, half a dropper is enough to cover face, neck and chest. I'm from the UK, over there this product is £10.50 so $9.95 in Canada seems like a bargain to me. I use the Palmers body oil mixed with Vaseline intensive care cream (makes the product last longer) on my body after showering too. Both palmers products work wonders for my skin. Love, love, love.

on 2/16/2016 9:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Bought this to see if incorporating facial oil into my skincare would make my skin better/more moistured. A week into using it I started having small bumps here and there and I thought it was due to hormonal changes from my period. Now it's been 2 weeks and my period is over, the bumps are still around. In fact new ones are developing and old ones aren't completely gone (it's almost like cystic acne. I'm so angry thinking about it!)

To be fair I used the oil and Thayer's rose toner concurrently when I received them, both are new products I started using.

As of today I stopped using the oil and am continuing the toner. I will see how it goes after a week or two. For now, this oil did nothing to make my combination skin lovelier unfortunately. For the records, my skin is pretty smooth with occasional pimples. Not sensitive nor oily.

Please stay away from this unless you are dry skin!

P.S. Watons sells this at $25 in Singapore so it's NOT affordable either.

Update: It's been 3 days since I stopped the oil (am still continuing Thayer's rose toner) and thankfully my pimples are clearing up with no new ones popping out. I am almost sure the oil was the cause of the horrible breakout I had!

Update 9 Oct'16: I started using Thayer's Rose Toner agaon and have been using for a week, no pimples... So I am almost 99% sure it was this oil that caused the breakout. BUT! I've been putting the oil to good use, applying on my feet every night! ;)

on 1/1/2016 2:53:00 AM

at first I was worried that this product would be heavy and oily but that was not the case. this product blends perfectly , in fact, I even put a drop or two into my liquid foundation when I'm applying my make up and it works wonders for lines and wrinkles. I'm 46 years old and I can tell a significant difference in the fine lines appearence since I have been using this product . I have tried more expensive products but they have disappointed me without satisfactory results. I was astonished at how affordable palmers products are. Not only affordable but they produce RESULTS! My skin has never felt softer or looked better since I've used this product. Not only does it reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, it actually evens skin tone and gives skin a more youthful appearence. I stumbled upon this product while looking for the palmers cocoa butter cream for my pregnant daughter. I used that cream on my stomach with both my pregnancies and it prevented my stomach from getting ANY stretch marks at all. it worked so well I wanted to make sure my daughter started using it for her first pregnancy. while I found the cream for my daughter is saw this palmers face product. the price was right and I knew palmers has worked well for me in the past, I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did!! it is a absolutely wonderful product for aging skin. the product lasts a long time because a small amount goes a good long way. There is only one caution. Do not get the product into your eyeball as it can cause irritation. Likely due to the retinol in the product. even though the product has retinol I've not experienced any burning of my sensitive facial skin like I have with other retinol facial products. I must say this is a wonderful product. I really love it!! if you can't find it at your local store you can easily order it online for the same low price from several vendors and shops. I really believe in this product, this is why I took the time to write this review. If your like me with aging skin, give this product a try. I think you will be quite surprised at how well it works and you will soon see the results!!

on 11/24/2015 4:27:00 AM

I used this every night after cleaning my face. It didn't absorb into my skin. I felt that it just sat there...anyways, in the morning my skin was feeling nice. But then i had the worst breakout of my life...a lot of painful and big bumps on my cheeks. I stopped using it. It didn't go away. I thought it wasn't the oil because usually it goes away if i stop using the product. I started a treatment from the pharmacy, slowly the bumps were going away. Then i thought to try it in my foundation. It looked great! It didn't look greasy just healthy and natural...but after a week the bumps appeared again and i knew it was the oil. Too bad, i liked it in my foundation.
My skin is pretty normal, a little oily in the T zone and i have the usual breakouts due to hormones or different foods.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Been using over a month. I haven't seen any changes in my skin, but it is helping soothe my oncoming pregnancy stretch marks. Will not repurchase.