Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

3.6

Sativa Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Peg 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylyl retinol Methicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This oil feels so good on my dry, 45 year old skin. I tend to use AHAs and Retinols throughout the week, so a couple of times a week, I use this to quench my dry skin with a good drink. It feels so awesome as it sinks into my skin. The scent is extremely subtle, fortunately. It absorbs nicely. I put it on at night and in the morning, my face looks and feels so fresh. Great price. One caveat - the dropper holds a very generous dosage of the oil. Fill the dropper only halfway or less so you don't waste.

on 6/27/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product but I should've known that if I had to put it down after only using it for a week, then it wasn't for me. Despite that it makes my skin feel soft and smooth, and that I genuinely believe all the ingredients are great for the skin, it will give me big pimples after a few days. Even though it's only one or two, it's not worth it to risk my finally bump free skin that I worked so hard for (and now haha back to square one) just for the sake of some nutrients that I can find elsewhere. Sadly, my good experiences with this were short lived.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This leaves my skin moisturizer, smooth and radiant. Perfect packaging for less than 100% stable ingredients (dark bottle with dropper). I have drying skin so I use about .75 of a dropper and really spread it around generously. No break outs, just glory skin. I've been getting lots of compliments lately for an old lady.

on 2/26/2016 10:07:00 PM

I bought this as I have started experimenting with facial oils. This done nothing for my skin except completely dry it out to the point where my face was covered in a rash (must be the retinol) and I also broke out in lots of small bumps. I stuck it out for 3 weeks to see if my skin would adapt and it didn't. Would not recommend if you have sensitive skin.

on 12/8/2014 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

As-per-usual, I like to start with a story: Switching up and tailoring your skincare routine to the changing seasons is no marketing sham - your skin has different needs as what the season calls for.
In the summer I like to use gel-based moisturizers but that doesn't work when winter comes because my skin dries out, my hair dries out, the air dries out... and then there's all this static that comes from alla that mess. I BATHE in hair conditioner, body oil, and body lotion /post-shower/. Crazy. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. You'd think a heavy-duty cream would do the trick, right?

Well, I have dry, sensitive skin. My pores are getting pretty crater-y, too. :c
A quick search on Google (something along the lines of "best moisturizers for winter", you're bound to find a list of products) got me comparing a good pick of the litter for under $30 (from Harper's Bazaar)-- I don't really ho myself out for high-end. After all that research I ended up picking up this at a local Target - the last one on the shelf, on a whim, just because I laid eyes on it. It was only $10 for 1 oz. so I'm not understanding this triple $$$ pricetag MUA gave it, when Caudalie or whatever has it for $40 for the same amount, lolwut.

Pros: The price is right. You don't need a lot -- at least for my face, 4 drops (dime-size) is enough to lightly and evenly cover my face and half my neck. The rosehip smell they mention is undetectable...to me, at least, it just smells like a lightly scented Palmer's product. I like to massage my face a few minutes after applying because the slip the oil gives me - benefits: increased blood circulation and a brighter complexion. The oil definitely banishes my flaking skin (usually my nostrils, forehead, and cheeks) and I daresay, heals my skin?! I only apply this at nighttime because I feel the sun will "fry" my skin with the oil on and sleeping with it really plumps my skin up in the morning.

Cons: What is 4 drops??? More like 4 plops. The tinted glass bottle is fine because oils can spoil in light--everything is wrong with the dropper. The dispenser is made of glass and has no suction so it'll drip whether you squeeze the top or not. No biggie though, I've mastered how much I need per application to get some really nice results out of the product.

TLDR: The oil is awesome for my super-parched, bone-dry winter skin. I like to use it at night before sleeping. The dropper kinda sucks, though. It'll only set you back $10. Experiment with it. It's also paraben and phthalate-free, isn't that cool?

on 10/27/2014 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

I have pretty tough skin, but obviously not tough enough. This is one of the few products that I have developed sensitivity to. The other is

I got a horrible rash around my lips while I used this - I couldn't use lipstick and most lip balms. Now that I have stopped using this, my rash has disappeared and I can use lipsticks! Very important for my highly pigmented lips...

on 5/22/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Didn't quite know what to expect but I was pleaseantly (sp) surprised by how much I like this oil.I normally use argan oil, but had run out and thought eh, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. I use it at night after washing my face and leaving it damp. It honestly makes a big difference as to how this product works for me. When I used to apply it to my completely dry face it was just so-so and I wasn't sure if I would buy it again. Once I started using it on my damp face I could tell the difference. My skin felt much more hydrated after the oil was absorbed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I only give a try this oil as it was given to me from my BFF. Never used or even tried anything from this brand. I have quite dry skin especially in winter. And normally use Shiseido Advanced Super Revitalising Cream as a day moisturiser after trying tons of others from cheap like german Nivea to $$ like La Mer and nothing was helping but the Shiseido. When i run out and before buying new jar i decided to give this oil a try especially after reading the reviews.
First i must mention i use a-ret gel every other night few years now. Other nights i use PC 8% AHA. Day time i always wear Vit.C serum and high sunscreen as well. In summer i can only wear sunscreen and no moisturiser is needed but in winter is a MUST and still feel my skin dry.

So i decide to use / try this oil in place of my Shiseido moisturiser . To be honest i HATE oils on my face but this one sink very fast and make my skin really soft . I also find applying sunscreen & make up after that is no issue . My face is not greasy at all.
As i said i did notice my skin very soft when using this oil.
Now i did give 4 lippies instead of 5 as i do not find it as much moisturising as the Shiseido for MY skin. I could feel my skin needed more moisture with it. But as i said i have VERY dry skin in winter . I think this will be great for ANY skin types excluding VERY dry like mine.
But then i must mention i do like this oil a lot and will definitely keep using it now that is getting hotter. I will skip it in winter but use it all the other months. I love the feel of my soft skin. And as i mention is great under sunscreen and make up. Also never broke me out , clog me or any other reaction ( my skin is quite sensitive as well from the a-ret )
I will update if any change but i have been using this for 2 months and very happy.

I received a sample sachet of this product in a magazine and used it every night until it ran out (about 4 nights), at which point I ordered it online. I am a convert! I was not familiar either with this brand or the facial oil category. I was primarily interested in the Retinol for its anti-aging benefits. I love the way it makes my skin feel and look. I use a few drops at night in place of or under my L'Oreal Youth Code moisturizer. I am also starting to use it in the morning under my moisturizer with sunscreen because it feels so lovely! I have some melasma on my forehead and I hope that the Vitamin C and Retinol will help with that. I have normal to dry skin, and it doesn't feel too greasy at all. The scent is light and the packaging is no-frills (a dark bottle and a dropper).