Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

4.1

Sativa Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Peg 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylyl retinol Methicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 4/28/2017 8:11:00 AM

I think facial oils are very much a personal thing: stuff that I love (Weleda Sweet Almond Oil) seems to be out of whack for many folks, and vice versa. I had high hopes for this because of the stellar results other reviewers mentioned, and this review is not meant to discount other people`s positive opinion. It`s just that this oil didn`t work for me in the same way. From reading the negative reviews, I am guessing that if you have sensitive skin that easily gets clogged, this oil will only irritate and break you out. The first night after applying it, I woke up with red blotches and the beginning of 3 cysts, although my skin did feel hydrated. The second night of use, the cysts seem to grow worse. So on the third night, I went back to my Weleda almond oil and the next morning the cysts and blotches were gone. That almond oil is pixie dust for my skin. I am now using the rosehip oil on my chest, and it seems to be doing okay for that, no major breakouts there. Needless to say I will not repurchase, but if you don`t have my skin type, give it a shot: it`s cheap and it has a good ingredient list.

on 3/2/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I used it once (last night) and my face started tingling... I woke up this morning and had little red bumps on my normally fairly clear skin (mostly my forehead and cheeks). Granted, my period is starting next week so my hormones are out of whack, but this doesn't normally happen to me.
I tried it again tonight and got the same tingling sensation and I find the red bumps were more prominent. I wiped it off and put on a hydrating pore-minimalizing face mask by TonyMoly on instead. I feel like this Palmer's oil did more harm than good for my skin.

I have VERY DRY and SENSITIVE skin. I do not recommend for those who have sensitive skin. I think this could have worked for me if my skin weren't so sensitive because I felt like it did hydrate my skin but it caused blemishes. I choose the lesser of two evils (which is dry). For hydration alone, I give it 2 lippies. I think it may be the retinol that I'm having a reaction to. After reading reviews here and some other beauty sites, retinol seems to be a very polarizing product.

Buyer/user beware - do your research first.

on 10/14/2016 12:45:00 AM

Long time user of retinols here, but very infrequent user of Vitamin C. I was quite excited to see the two combined in one product and even more excited to see it in oil form. I am yet to use this around the eye area because I am really scared to use oils around the eye, but I have used it extensively on the rest of my face (and hands) and I am really pleased with it. Palmer's are getting very clever with their products. They seem to know what the public want and their move into cosmeceuticals at affordable prices is really fabulous.

This product comes in a glass dropper bottle which is designed to protect the contents from the sun and light which would render the contents useless. It applies really easily because the oil has lots of slip. I use about 6 drops on clean skin. Prior to using this, I was using Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle serum which I absolutely adore, but I did find it quite drying. The Palmers Skin Therapy Oil leaves my skin feeling moist and the next day it still feels really comfortable. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and I am so happy with the look and feel of my skin. I am also using this on my hands every night. It is really importantt to use a high SPF sunscreen during the day if you are using this product.

I am really impressed with the price and quality of this product and will definitely repurchase.

on 4/11/2016 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this oil! I've only been using it for a week on a spot that's not so obvious on my nose to test the results and I must say I'm very impressed! I have oily, sensitive acne-prone skin so I try not to put on active pimples because the formula is lightweight but still tad too oily for my liking. It doesn't clog my skin and I normally put in on my scars before I sleep, in replacement of my night moisturiser and it does work!

on 2/26/2016 10:07:00 PM

I bought this as I have started experimenting with facial oils. This done nothing for my skin except completely dry it out to the point where my face was covered in a rash (must be the retinol) and I also broke out in lots of small bumps. I stuck it out for 3 weeks to see if my skin would adapt and it didn't. Would not recommend if you have sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This oil moisturizes and feels good on my skin, but I believe it breaks me out. So if you are breakout prone (as I am -- otherwise I'm combo/dry w/ oily T zone), I'd be wary. I preferred to use this at night, but now I'm using an Olay serum.

on 2/24/2015 2:08:00 AM

I love this stuff. I have used it for about 2 weeks my skin is soft and more even toned. no problems with breakouts or irritation. It has a light fragrant smell. I love to use this as a stress reliever after a bath. I put a few drops on my finger tips and gently massage into my face. So relaxing. For me it dries after a couple of hours to a soft finish. I only use it at night and don't apply a moisturizer on top..don't want to suffocate skin. It comes in a 1 oz. brown bottle with a dropper It's really worth a try if your skin is o.k. with these natural oils, my skin is combo and no problems with this. At walmart I have seen a "use now" coupon attached to some of the boxes for $2 off. So the product is about $7 w/coupon. It's so refreshing to buy a really nice product at an affordable cost.

on 1/17/2015 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Have been using this every night for a week now and I love it. My skin is oily and prone to break outs and isn't in great condition due to sun exposure in my early years this is absorbed almost immediately and doesn't leave my skin shiny and hasn't broken me out in spots either! I also use it during the day and just add my face powder over the top which is a SPF 15. It leaves my skin soft and feeling lovely. I haven't used it long enough to comment if it helps to fade my age spots but will continue using this product regardless as it makes my skin feel so great. I've used many many different face creams for ageing skin and spent a fortune on top of the range ones but none have made my skin feel this good and In time I hope to see all the anti ageing effects too. This product has a slight pleasant smell to it which is an added bonus unlike some face creams or serums. I just take the pipette out of the bottle and run my fingers over it I then rub my hands together and run over my entire face. I find this is enough to give a good even coverage without going over the top. Love this product!

on 12/8/2014 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

As-per-usual, I like to start with a story: Switching up and tailoring your skincare routine to the changing seasons is no marketing sham - your skin has different needs as what the season calls for.
In the summer I like to use gel-based moisturizers but that doesn't work when winter comes because my skin dries out, my hair dries out, the air dries out... and then there's all this static that comes from alla that mess. I BATHE in hair conditioner, body oil, and body lotion /post-shower/. Crazy. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. You'd think a heavy-duty cream would do the trick, right?

Well, I have dry, sensitive skin. My pores are getting pretty crater-y, too. :c
A quick search on Google (something along the lines of "best moisturizers for winter", you're bound to find a list of products) got me comparing a good pick of the litter for under $30 (from Harper's Bazaar)-- I don't really ho myself out for high-end. After all that research I ended up picking up this at a local Target - the last one on the shelf, on a whim, just because I laid eyes on it. It was only $10 for 1 oz. so I'm not understanding this triple $$$ pricetag MUA gave it, when Caudalie or whatever has it for $40 for the same amount, lolwut.

Pros: The price is right. You don't need a lot -- at least for my face, 4 drops (dime-size) is enough to lightly and evenly cover my face and half my neck. The rosehip smell they mention is undetectable...to me, at least, it just smells like a lightly scented Palmer's product. I like to massage my face a few minutes after applying because the slip the oil gives me - benefits: increased blood circulation and a brighter complexion. The oil definitely banishes my flaking skin (usually my nostrils, forehead, and cheeks) and I daresay, heals my skin?! I only apply this at nighttime because I feel the sun will "fry" my skin with the oil on and sleeping with it really plumps my skin up in the morning.

Cons: What is 4 drops??? More like 4 plops. The tinted glass bottle is fine because oils can spoil in light--everything is wrong with the dropper. The dispenser is made of glass and has no suction so it'll drip whether you squeeze the top or not. No biggie though, I've mastered how much I need per application to get some really nice results out of the product.

TLDR: The oil is awesome for my super-parched, bone-dry winter skin. I like to use it at night before sleeping. The dropper kinda sucks, though. It'll only set you back $10. Experiment with it. It's also paraben and phthalate-free, isn't that cool?

I love this, it's my new HG oil. My skin has always been okay - not great, but no major breakouts or problems - until about 9 months ago when I had an issue with hormonal acne along my cheek/jaw which left me with a rather nasty case of Post Inflammatory Erythema (PIE). Over the course of months I've tried different OCM oils, BHAs, AHAs, serums, toners, you name it. Silicone sheets were next in line - I was going to treat it as PIH as I was running out of ideas, but then I popped this into my basket when ordering from iHerb. I live in Ireland however and try to buy only cruelty-free so product choices are somewhat limited.

Within a matter of 2-3 days of using this my skin feels and looks better. I don't know if it's the retinol (I would have guessed it's in a very small dose here, so small as to negate any real effects, but maybe it isn't), vitamin C (I've tried a few different C serums, no real results), argan oil or whatever - but it's working wonders. I still have a way to go but my skin is improving rapidly. My PM routine (I only use this oil at night), if relevant, is as follows:

- OCM with jojoba oil, or mineral oil
- After-cleanse with generic balm cleanser I have lying around or Sibu Sea Buckthorn Cleansing Face & Body Bar
- Paula's Choice 2% BHA lotion, wait 20-30 mins (alternate this nightly with Nip Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads)
- Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray (mostly to dampen my skin and help spread the serum around)
- Silk Naturals Awesome Sauce Facial Serum
- Derma E Refining Vitamin A Wrinkle Creme
- Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray (again, just for ease of application)
- Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil (3 drops)

My routine is in flux and will probably change but at the moment this is what I'm using. My skin type is combo with occasional bouts of dehydration, and incredibly insensitive. It's practically leather as I react to any ingredient so, so rarely.

Amber bottle and dropper combo is always a plus for me, and I keep it in a drawer out of direct light unless I'm using it. It's by no means a dry oil, so don't expect it to sink right in - I massage lightly and then leave it to do its thing. I'm not a fan of rose scents in general but this is quite light and inoffensive. I sleep, then wake up with radiant, glowing, plump skin.*

*Well, no. I am not a radiant woman. But it does make me feel nicer.

TL:DR, I love it. Give it a try. Go on. Do.