Palmer's Skin Therapy Face Oil

Palmer's Skin Therapy Face Oil
Skin Therapy Face Oil

Sativa Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Peg 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylyl retinol Methicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 8/9/2017 10:09:00 AM

I tried samples packs of this . I woke up to 2 new hard deep acne which was very worrying. I never had this type/ new acne for years / only get them from a bad allergy. It was just two hard acne .. but it was enough for me to be scared and swear it off. Edit: I tried it again . This time I woke up to small white acne all over my face . My skin looked red and irritated .it was dry, acne and swollen all at the same time . Swearing it off for life. On my body it’s actually okay . Probably it’s the mineral oil .

on 2/26/2016 10:07:00 PM

I bought this as I have started experimenting with facial oils. This done nothing for my skin except completely dry it out to the point where my face was covered in a rash (must be the retinol) and I also broke out in lots of small bumps. I stuck it out for 3 weeks to see if my skin would adapt and it didn't. Would not recommend if you have sensitive skin.

on 11/24/2015 4:27:00 AM

I used this every night after cleaning my face. It didn't absorb into my skin. I felt that it just sat there...anyways, in the morning my skin was feeling nice. But then i had the worst breakout of my life...a lot of painful and big bumps on my cheeks. I stopped using it. It didn't go away. I thought it wasn't the oil because usually it goes away if i stop using the product. I started a treatment from the pharmacy, slowly the bumps were going away. Then i thought to try it in my foundation. It looked great! It didn't look greasy just healthy and natural...but after a week the bumps appeared again and i knew it was the oil. Too bad, i liked it in my foundation.
My skin is pretty normal, a little oily in the T zone and i have the usual breakouts due to hormones or different foods.

on 11/6/2014 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely hate this product! A rubbish dupe for Bio oil. Too thin, left my face dry, cracked and it didn't do anything for me! The only pro is the smell. Very dissapointed...

on 10/27/2014 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

I have pretty tough skin, but obviously not tough enough. This is one of the few products that I have developed sensitivity to. The other is

I got a horrible rash around my lips while I used this - I couldn't use lipstick and most lip balms. Now that I have stopped using this, my rash has disappeared and I can use lipsticks! Very important for my highly pigmented lips...

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this immediately after purchasing it. I woke up with soft skin but realised that there were tiny bumps and larger bumps started forming. It is day 2 now and I have two large bumps which are painless. My skin is extremely prone to clogged pores. I realised that my skin is more clogged now. I am still going to give this at least a two weeks more to work. Maybe my skin just freaked out because I rarely use Cocoa Butter on my skin. I'll give this another go and I'll be back for a follow-up review =D

on 3/2/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I used it once (last night) and my face started tingling... I woke up this morning and had little red bumps on my normally fairly clear skin (mostly my forehead and cheeks). Granted, my period is starting next week so my hormones are out of whack, but this doesn't normally happen to me.
I tried it again tonight and got the same tingling sensation and I find the red bumps were more prominent. I wiped it off and put on a hydrating pore-minimalizing face mask by TonyMoly on instead. I feel like this Palmer's oil did more harm than good for my skin.

I have VERY DRY and SENSITIVE skin. I do not recommend for those who have sensitive skin. I think this could have worked for me if my skin weren't so sensitive because I felt like it did hydrate my skin but it caused blemishes. I choose the lesser of two evils (which is dry). For hydration alone, I give it 2 lippies. I think it may be the retinol that I'm having a reaction to. After reading reviews here and some other beauty sites, retinol seems to be a very polarizing product.

Buyer/user beware - do your research first.

on 6/27/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product but I should've known that if I had to put it down after only using it for a week, then it wasn't for me. Despite that it makes my skin feel soft and smooth, and that I genuinely believe all the ingredients are great for the skin, it will give me big pimples after a few days. Even though it's only one or two, it's not worth it to risk my finally bump free skin that I worked so hard for (and now haha back to square one) just for the sake of some nutrients that I can find elsewhere. Sadly, my good experiences with this were short lived.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Been using over a month. I haven't seen any changes in my skin, but it is helping soothe my oncoming pregnancy stretch marks. Will not repurchase.

on 11/8/2014 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Sensitive ladies beware! I'm not hugely sensitive to most things but my skin does get just slightly irritated quite easily. THIS little beauty though gave a rash like it was the last rash my skin could throw at me. it took days to go away, and was incredibly uncomfortable and insanely unattractive- for the superficial soul I am, that's what really got me. I would definitely remember to do a patch test because the oil IS beautiful- smells nice, super lightweight and nourishing.