Palmer's Skin Therapy Face Oil

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 30-35
Palmer's Skin Therapy Face Oil
Skin Therapy Face Oil

Sativa Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Peg 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylyl retinol Methicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 3/2/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I used it once (last night) and my face started tingling... I woke up this morning and had little red bumps on my normally fairly clear skin (mostly my forehead and cheeks). Granted, my period is starting next week so my hormones are out of whack, but this doesn't normally happen to me.
I tried it again tonight and got the same tingling sensation and I find the red bumps were more prominent. I wiped it off and put on a hydrating pore-minimalizing face mask by TonyMoly on instead. I feel like this Palmer's oil did more harm than good for my skin.

I have VERY DRY and SENSITIVE skin. I do not recommend for those who have sensitive skin. I think this could have worked for me if my skin weren't so sensitive because I felt like it did hydrate my skin but it caused blemishes. I choose the lesser of two evils (which is dry). For hydration alone, I give it 2 lippies. I think it may be the retinol that I'm having a reaction to. After reading reviews here and some other beauty sites, retinol seems to be a very polarizing product.

Buyer/user beware - do your research first.

I love this, it's my new HG oil. My skin has always been okay - not great, but no major breakouts or problems - until about 9 months ago when I had an issue with hormonal acne along my cheek/jaw which left me with a rather nasty case of Post Inflammatory Erythema (PIE). Over the course of months I've tried different OCM oils, BHAs, AHAs, serums, toners, you name it. Silicone sheets were next in line - I was going to treat it as PIH as I was running out of ideas, but then I popped this into my basket when ordering from iHerb. I live in Ireland however and try to buy only cruelty-free so product choices are somewhat limited.

Within a matter of 2-3 days of using this my skin feels and looks better. I don't know if it's the retinol (I would have guessed it's in a very small dose here, so small as to negate any real effects, but maybe it isn't), vitamin C (I've tried a few different C serums, no real results), argan oil or whatever - but it's working wonders. I still have a way to go but my skin is improving rapidly. My PM routine (I only use this oil at night), if relevant, is as follows:

- OCM with jojoba oil, or mineral oil
- After-cleanse with generic balm cleanser I have lying around or Sibu Sea Buckthorn Cleansing Face & Body Bar
- Paula's Choice 2% BHA lotion, wait 20-30 mins (alternate this nightly with Nip Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads)
- Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray (mostly to dampen my skin and help spread the serum around)
- Silk Naturals Awesome Sauce Facial Serum
- Derma E Refining Vitamin A Wrinkle Creme
- Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray (again, just for ease of application)
- Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil (3 drops)

My routine is in flux and will probably change but at the moment this is what I'm using. My skin type is combo with occasional bouts of dehydration, and incredibly insensitive. It's practically leather as I react to any ingredient so, so rarely.

Amber bottle and dropper combo is always a plus for me, and I keep it in a drawer out of direct light unless I'm using it. It's by no means a dry oil, so don't expect it to sink right in - I massage lightly and then leave it to do its thing. I'm not a fan of rose scents in general but this is quite light and inoffensive. I sleep, then wake up with radiant, glowing, plump skin.*

*Well, no. I am not a radiant woman. But it does make me feel nicer.

TL:DR, I love it. Give it a try. Go on. Do.

I've always loved Palmers products and trusted them since they always seem to do good stuff for my skin. When I saw the face oil being a skin care junky I had to try this. First, it smells lovely the light rose hip fragrance is really pleasing to me. It's very light, the oil itself is very light not heavy at all. I too though find it works best on my skin when it's damp. It absorbs really well and leaves my skin super soft! I only use 4 drops. I had acne till my early 30's and I was finally like enough! So I'm careful with what I use. I was battling a hormonal chin breakout or wanna be breakout. With AHA's and this oil I was able to stop my chin from going mad. Since my skin has cleared from a lot of work I now just battle the monthly/hormonal spots and this does not make my skin worse. In fact the little bit of brown spots I had are gone.

The texture of my skin is smoother, and foundations go on so easy. I only use this at night because of the retinol. I like to use hyaluronic acid, Mandelic acid serum, then CeraVe PM. I alternate with this oil on my non acid nights. If my skin is dry I use this more and it hydrates very well. My skin looks very bright and even toned. I know this the oil has made my skin better that's for sure! For the price you get a very good product as well. I'm wondering how much retinol is in this? Otherwise I'm very happy the vitamin c brightens and my scars and brown spots are being kept away. It doesn't break me out and I find it absorbs best on moist skin. I'm oily now dry in the winter so this product is great year round. I love it! Recommended!

Also this is not a dupe for Bio Oil in fact they are not even related! It's a face oil period.