Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 19-24
Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

Sativa Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Peg 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylyl retinol Methicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 4/11/2016 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this oil! I've only been using it for a week on a spot that's not so obvious on my nose to test the results and I must say I'm very impressed! I have oily, sensitive acne-prone skin so I try not to put on active pimples because the formula is lightweight but still tad too oily for my liking. It doesn't clog my skin and I normally put in on my scars before I sleep, in replacement of my night moisturiser and it does work!

on 12/8/2014 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

As-per-usual, I like to start with a story: Switching up and tailoring your skincare routine to the changing seasons is no marketing sham - your skin has different needs as what the season calls for.
In the summer I like to use gel-based moisturizers but that doesn't work when winter comes because my skin dries out, my hair dries out, the air dries out... and then there's all this static that comes from alla that mess. I BATHE in hair conditioner, body oil, and body lotion /post-shower/. Crazy. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. You'd think a heavy-duty cream would do the trick, right?

Well, I have dry, sensitive skin. My pores are getting pretty crater-y, too. :c
A quick search on Google (something along the lines of "best moisturizers for winter", you're bound to find a list of products) got me comparing a good pick of the litter for under $30 (from Harper's Bazaar)-- I don't really ho myself out for high-end. After all that research I ended up picking up this at a local Target - the last one on the shelf, on a whim, just because I laid eyes on it. It was only $10 for 1 oz. so I'm not understanding this triple $$$ pricetag MUA gave it, when Caudalie or whatever has it for $40 for the same amount, lolwut.

Pros: The price is right. You don't need a lot -- at least for my face, 4 drops (dime-size) is enough to lightly and evenly cover my face and half my neck. The rosehip smell they mention is undetectable...to me, at least, it just smells like a lightly scented Palmer's product. I like to massage my face a few minutes after applying because the slip the oil gives me - benefits: increased blood circulation and a brighter complexion. The oil definitely banishes my flaking skin (usually my nostrils, forehead, and cheeks) and I daresay, heals my skin?! I only apply this at nighttime because I feel the sun will "fry" my skin with the oil on and sleeping with it really plumps my skin up in the morning.

Cons: What is 4 drops??? More like 4 plops. The tinted glass bottle is fine because oils can spoil in light--everything is wrong with the dropper. The dispenser is made of glass and has no suction so it'll drip whether you squeeze the top or not. No biggie though, I've mastered how much I need per application to get some really nice results out of the product.

TLDR: The oil is awesome for my super-parched, bone-dry winter skin. I like to use it at night before sleeping. The dropper kinda sucks, though. It'll only set you back $10. Experiment with it. It's also paraben and phthalate-free, isn't that cool?