Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

Sativa Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Peg 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylyl retinol Methicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 5/28/2018 9:46:00 AM

This is the first time I add an oil treatment step into my skincare routine. Usually I use only normal gel/cream with salicylic acid to moisturizing without breaking out. However, this oil add-in step made me changed the whole thing.

I have Asian oily/combination skin with large pores, so before applying this I had to make sure my face was cleaned but still damp a bit. I massaged the oil between my fingers to avoid harsh reaction on skin, then applied it in circular motion on face and neck except the eyes area. It felt pretty stingy at first, the oil was fast absorbed, had a light rosehip smell and smoothened the skin texture. However, a few minutes later when I think it was enough for not applying the moisturizer, it started drying me out. I had to add another layer of cream on top to sooth the dryness.

So far I have been using this for 3 weeks. The very first week I ignored the instruction of introducing retinol product to skin and applied it every night before bedtime. It was kind of a bad decision. The purging session happened too fast and my forehead was cover with little white cysts; old bumps under chin and jaw line which were hidden from last time then popped up again like crazy.
The second week I slowed it down by using only every other day, also dapped aspirin lotion to spots and redness area. Nothing changed much but I noticed that my skin texture didn't showed the dryness when using foundation, which I was glad.
The third week I realized my acne scars had been left from the second week started to heal and the bruised from squeezing was lighten. I still had some white cysts under chin but it could be solved by Queen Helene mint clay mask.
I think this oil does help somehow, for my skin is more even without oily here and drying there. To avoid clog pores I use steamed facial every night before bedtime, then apply the oil and moisturizing cream mixed with coconut oil to make sure the goodness can go all in. However, the next morning I have to wash it away and apply suncream before going out, because there was time I skipped this step and the sun did burn me badly :(

This oil is ok for a retinol starter, but if you have dry sensitive skin, try the retinoid first (which is a lighter version of vitamin A, in some Estee Lauder's products they have it). Palmer fits my buget, is distributed in every drugstores and supermarkets; good packaging, no need for product's commitment with any distinct ingredients. If it runs out I will surely buy it again.

on 5/23/2018 10:03:00 AM

This is probably my favorite facial oil. It doesn't have a cloying scent, absorbs quickly, and makes my skin soft, and smooth. I'm not sure if the retinol has done anything to my forehead wrinkles yet, but time will tell. Will repurchase.

Palmers is really impressing me! I have combination skin but it gets very dry around my mouth in the winter. I purchased the cleansing oil and loved it so my next purchase was this oil. I have nothing but good things to say. No breakouts (however, I’m not prone to them at all). My skin is so soft! I even use it under my primer and my makeup looks amazing! Another nice thing - I use it around my eyes with no problems.

All the lippies for me !

on 1/19/2018 11:12:00 AM

So after reading other reviews I must say that the reason people see the bumps after a couple uses is because it’s helping purge the skin of the bacteria. What happens to your face today is a result of things from 30-60 days ago. For instance something you’re stressed about today will effect your hair, skin, and nails a month from now. I use this product every night and it’s helping heal acne scars from years ago and even lightening age marks and freckles I’ve developed from the sun. I’ve been using it for about 3 years now and I’ve noticed my skin tone evening out as well. I would definitely recommend the product.

on 8/9/2017 10:09:00 AM

I tried samples packs of this . I woke up to 2 new hard deep acne which was very worrying. I never had this type/ new acne for years / only get them from a bad allergy. It was just two hard acne .. but it was enough for me to be scared and swear it off. Edit: I tried it again . This time I woke up to small white acne all over my face . My skin looked red and irritated .it was dry, acne and swollen all at the same time . Swearing it off for life. On my body it’s actually okay . Probably it’s the mineral oil .

on 4/28/2017 8:11:00 AM

I think facial oils are very much a personal thing: stuff that I love (Weleda Sweet Almond Oil) seems to be out of whack for many folks, and vice versa. I had high hopes for this because of the stellar results other reviewers mentioned, and this review is not meant to discount other people`s positive opinion. It`s just that this oil didn`t work for me in the same way. From reading the negative reviews, I am guessing that if you have sensitive skin that easily gets clogged, this oil will only irritate and break you out. The first night after applying it, I woke up with red blotches and the beginning of 3 cysts, although my skin did feel hydrated. The second night of use, the cysts seem to grow worse. So on the third night, I went back to my Weleda almond oil and the next morning the cysts and blotches were gone. That almond oil is pixie dust for my skin. I am now using the rosehip oil on my chest, and it seems to be doing okay for that, no major breakouts there. Needless to say I will not repurchase, but if you don`t have my skin type, give it a shot: it`s cheap and it has a good ingredient list.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this immediately after purchasing it. I woke up with soft skin but realised that there were tiny bumps and larger bumps started forming. It is day 2 now and I have two large bumps which are painless. My skin is extremely prone to clogged pores. I realised that my skin is more clogged now. I am still going to give this at least a two weeks more to work. Maybe my skin just freaked out because I rarely use Cocoa Butter on my skin. I'll give this another go and I'll be back for a follow-up review =D

on 3/2/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I used it once (last night) and my face started tingling... I woke up this morning and had little red bumps on my normally fairly clear skin (mostly my forehead and cheeks). Granted, my period is starting next week so my hormones are out of whack, but this doesn't normally happen to me.
I tried it again tonight and got the same tingling sensation and I find the red bumps were more prominent. I wiped it off and put on a hydrating pore-minimalizing face mask by TonyMoly on instead. I feel like this Palmer's oil did more harm than good for my skin.

I have VERY DRY and SENSITIVE skin. I do not recommend for those who have sensitive skin. I think this could have worked for me if my skin weren't so sensitive because I felt like it did hydrate my skin but it caused blemishes. I choose the lesser of two evils (which is dry). For hydration alone, I give it 2 lippies. I think it may be the retinol that I'm having a reaction to. After reading reviews here and some other beauty sites, retinol seems to be a very polarizing product.

Buyer/user beware - do your research first.

on 10/3/2016 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm undecided about this product. Previously was using the normal therapy oil (not for face) and that worked well for old acne scarring and moisturising. Before I purchased, I read the reviews here: most were very positive but a few mentioned breaking out after using it. After using it for a week, I noticed I was getting cystic like acne on my forehead, and some deep blackheads around my nose. I am acne prone, so the reviews that mentioned breakouts really pinged my radar, and I can confirm that it does cause breakouts if you're prone. I stopped using the oil, but it seemed to have set off a bout of hard to get rid of, deep, acne on my forehead which a month later is still ongoing. It's a pity because just a few months before that I was almost clear of pimples and wanted to use the oil for the hyper-pigmentation it left behind.

on 10/14/2016 12:45:00 AM

Long time user of retinols here, but very infrequent user of Vitamin C. I was quite excited to see the two combined in one product and even more excited to see it in oil form. I am yet to use this around the eye area because I am really scared to use oils around the eye, but I have used it extensively on the rest of my face (and hands) and I am really pleased with it. Palmer's are getting very clever with their products. They seem to know what the public want and their move into cosmeceuticals at affordable prices is really fabulous.

This product comes in a glass dropper bottle which is designed to protect the contents from the sun and light which would render the contents useless. It applies really easily because the oil has lots of slip. I use about 6 drops on clean skin. Prior to using this, I was using Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle serum which I absolutely adore, but I did find it quite drying. The Palmers Skin Therapy Oil leaves my skin feeling moist and the next day it still feels really comfortable. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and I am so happy with the look and feel of my skin. I am also using this on my hands every night. It is really importantt to use a high SPF sunscreen during the day if you are using this product.

I am really impressed with the price and quality of this product and will definitely repurchase.