Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm (all shades)

Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm (all shades)
Colorburst Lacquer Balm (all shades)

3.8

If they had a shade I really loved, I would. It's a good product and very simple to apply and simple to carry in your purse.

on 8/29/2016 10:07:00 AM

This is really a great product. I have this in the "Enticing" shade - which is a true red. Not too orange, and not too pink - just a flattering, perfect red.

I like this particular product because even as a balm/stain hybrid "thing", it wears evenly and doesn't fade as quickly as more expensive products. It does have a bit of microglitter in the balm - I wish it didn't have that - but other than that, I really don't have anything negative to say.

I do recommend exfoliating prior and using something like Burts Bees balm or similar under this product - because like most red lip color, it either has to have a perfect canvas or it looks like a hot mess.

on 7/8/2016 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Simple but attractive packaging and the product itself is great. I love it as a tinted balm, and I think people would be fairly surprised and pleased with the color payoff. It's great to keep in your bag and apply on the go, also great for people who just want a light lip product. Has a faint peppermint smell, nothing overpowering. Very soft, applies easily. I wouldn't say it's moisturizing or treat it as such, it's really just a light and less sticky alternative to gloss. I would recommend it highly and will definitely grab a couple more.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have this in the shade Seductress which is a red-orange shade. I love it! I can't really wear lipstick because no matter what I do, my lips are always super peely, so most lipsticks get really clumpy on my lips. My lips aren't necessarily dry, but they do peel a lot. I exfoliate regularly, I've tried every balm under the sun and nothing helps. I'm eternally plagued with peely lips!

This balm was a godsend! The formula is super moist and shiny. I've tried the other colorburst formulas, and this one is the only one I can use (see above). The color payoff is buildable, one layer is a nice sheer wash of color and it becomes completely opaque at about 3 layers. It doesn't last super long, seeing as it's a glossy balm, but it fades into a beautiful stain, and never accentuates the patchy skin on my lips.

As for the color, Seductress is beautiful. It really brightens up my face and gives it life. I'm super pale (haven't gotten color matched yet, but I'm definitely on the light ivory spectrum) and this color just looks so nice on my skin. My friend with a medium/dark olive comlexion used this and it looked beautiful on her as well. It's really similar to Wet N Wild Purty Persimmon, which I actually layer over this (yes OVER not under) sometimes for an even more intense pop of color without the dreaded patchyness.

A little bit goes a really long way, I've had this since early August (It's January now) and wear it regularly and it's still over 3/4 full. Since it's so nice to layer, I'm definitely going to buy the whole range of shades so I can start wearing other lipsticks with it.

A+++!!

on 1/3/2016 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I only got this in Coquette because it was bundled with my ultimate favourite, the matte Sultry, two for $6. I never got the lacquer balms before as I thought they would be too sheer, but I love this. It has a shiny retro look and the shade of pink is just beautiful and believable. I still love their matte balms because they are longer lasting but this is a very good product. Although shiny, it does not wear off instantly like a lip gloss.

Update Feb 26/16: I got this in 135 Provocateur and I love it. It's not at all like a lip gloss or lip balm. It really goes on like a sheer lipstick and the colour is a beautiful rose red which is very flattering.

on 10/23/2015 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have this in Vivacious and it's a gorgeous pinky red vibrant colour! Really suits my NC 15-20 Asian skintone. I also love the slight minty smell to it when applied. However, that's where the pros end for me. This 'balm' doesn't hydrate my lips at all! In fact it parches it out really badly and in an hour my lips are super dry and nasty looking. For this reason I don't think I would finish this up let alone repurchase this!

on 10/14/2015 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I have the colour Coy and it's so great I'm forgiving Revlon for discontinuing Fig Jam from their Lip Butter line. Coy is a beautiful, plummy red brown with the slightest gold sparkle. It's a beautiful MLBB and looks so good with my colouring. I love this colour so much I have to stop myself for reaching from it because I know I would wear it every day and neglect all my other lippies.

The regular price is $8.99CDN which is steep for what it is; a sheer, glossy balm so I usually wait for it to go on sale and then I might be able to snag it for $3.99CDN. It's lightly hydrating and has a minty feel when it goes on. It glides onto my lips smoothly and coats them in a translucent colour that can be built up evenly.

I'm just glad Revlon made Coy because after I lost Fig Jam I was afraid I'd never find another MLBB again. Coy is like Fig Jam but it's slightly lighter, has shimmer, and has a thinner texture on the lips and a stiffer texture in the tube.

Overall, I really like these and I am looking forward to trying Whimsical and maybe even Enticing.

on 9/22/2015 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

i have this in whimsical, which is a dark berry pink that goes on sheer and has glitter in it.

pros:
- brightens up a whole look
- colour is lovely
- i like the twist up pencil packaging
- feels moisturising

cons:
- unless you get this on sale, it's kind of expensive for what it is: basically a tinted balm with sparkle
- doesn't last long on the lips
- obviously glittery

i wouldn't repurchase, but i don't mind this product and i'll continue to use it while i have it.

on 9/8/2015 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love these! I bought two pink shades - Lovesick and Sweetheart.

Pros:
- Long-lasting. It will fade a little bit after eating but otherwise it stays all day
- Hydrating. I tend to have drier lips and some lipsticks/lip products tend to look weird in the chapped areas. This does not.
- Great colour payoff. The two colours I got were super pigmented. Hard to tell if it's the same with the lighter shades like the ones closer to nude because I haven't used them.
- Cheap! I love these more and use them more often than my higher-end lipsticks

Cons:
- A little bit hard to remove because it stays on so well, but it does come off with the Bioderma micellar water

on 7/5/2015 11:12:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I really like this Colorburst Lacquer Balm! Bought mine in color Coguette. I'd compare it with the Laura Geller lip balm. This Revlon product seems just as good.... Actually, I prefer it because I reach for this Revlon balm more often that I do the Laura Geller.

There is, of course, a significant price difference between the 2 brands and I really am happy with this Revlon product! It's a nice, smooth, pinkish color that provides a fairly long-lasting color and a nice gloss touch. Is moisturizing as well. Highly recommend!

Popular Lips Products