Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner

3.9

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water (58%), Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Salicylic Acid (0.5%), Beta-Glucan, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Polyglutamic Acid, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Extract, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Cross Polymer.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Had high hopes after reading reviews on beauty blogs but I found this product rather average.

I was having great skin that week and using this for the first time immediately broke me out in 6hrs or less. I initially thought it was merely coincidental so I continued using it for the next 2 days and the break out got worse. I stopped using it after 3 days. I'm really perplexed because I always thought my skin is rather resilient and this is the first time it has reacted so quickly and so noticeably adversely to a new product in my regime

I have been using BHA products for weeks prior to this so it's definitely not an initial reaction to the BHA in this product

I want to love it but I don't. It's a decent moisturizing toner but not the best I've tried

P.S Try the whamisa deep rich toner if you are looking for an ultra moisturizing toner/essence it's fantastic

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this as a moisturizing toner. What I wasn't expecting was something that would help keep my oily skin matte for almost the entire day! I'm speculating that it's a benefit of the aloe. After cleansing and applying this toner, I finish with Simple Ultra-Light Gel Moisturizer and then apply makeup as usual. My makeup has not been sliding off my t-zone and I don't even need to blot.

I'm not even sure what this product does, but my skin seems to like it. I introduced it as part of an elaborate new Korean skincare routine (definitely played with fire trying like 6 new products all at once...) and as a whole, my skin has done a total 180. AKA I can't really single out this toner's effects, but I will say, out of the many products I bought, it was the least outstanding. But still great lol. Sorry for the confusion.

It has a thick, gel-like texture so I don't use a cotton round or anything to apply it. Just my hands. It adds light, soothing hydration (amazing for the summer) and plumps my skin. Doesn't make it sticky, doesn't make makeup pill up or get gross. Yeah, the pH isn't right for exfoliation so I'm not sure why that's a selling point, but whatever. It feels absolutely amazing on my neck and chest though, an area I have never been able to use ANY products on because the skin there would always react unfavorably. That in and of itself, makes this stuff precious to me.

tl;dr version: it's good for light hydration and prepping your skin, very affordable, doesn't exfoliate. I probably won't reorder this in favor of an actual exfoliating toner since my skin loves that, but I would still recommend it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Meh. I've been using this in the morning as my first layer of hydration post-cleanse, but it's honestly not any better than the Thayer's rose petal witch hazel I was using. In fact I like the Thayer's more because it's feels much more sheer on my skin than this does. I love a lot of Benton products, and this one isn't bad, but it's just okay and I won't go out of my way to purchase it. Also, the amount of BHA and the pH of the product make it basically useless cleaning out your pores. If you're looking for a gentle BHA toner both Clinique and Cosrx make good ones; ones much better than this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

This was the first AHA toner I tried and can't say that it did very much at all for my skin. I got more instant and impressive results from Stridex and FAB radiance pads. A shame, as I really wanted to like this (along with the serum/essence). At least it's mild and it didn;t cause any bad reactions.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I've only put this product on once, so can't do a full review. I bought it because I have sensitive skin with roseacea. I had read this was very soothing and healing.
Yesterday morning I patted it onto my skin, then applied almond oil and moisturiser.
My skin quickly turned red and hot, particularly in the areas I have roseacea acne scars.
I left it on all day anyway hoping it would calm down, but it didn't.
So I'm not sure what I've reacted to, whether its the aloe vera, its not the snail slime, my skins fine with that.
I will give it another go, but not for a good while. Honestly, since other reviews describe it as cooling and soothing, I probably shouldn't subject my skin to another dose, but I can't stand wasting money like that.
I'm waiting on a bottle of hada labo AHA lotion, so I'm hoping to have better luck with that.

UPDATE: I tried this a second time without using the cleanser I had previously used before applying Benton toner, and got the same cooling and soothing result other reviewers described.

DON'T mix this product with 'Activate Brightening Cream Cleanser'.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am so upset about this product. I have dealt with acne for 10 years. But then recently I swapped to the Korean ten step routine (and basically switching out all my skincare products) and the change for a month was beautiful. I couldn't believe how clear my skin got. I think it was the first time I ever felt my skin was presentable even without makeup.

Then I heard about this brand and toner and since I didn't have a toner in the routine, I ordered it. Just a week into using, I got these huge cystic acnes - which I haven't had to dealt with even before I swapped to this new skincare routine - and my skin looked duller/darker even despite the fact that I was wearing sunscreen everyday. So I stopped using it but the damage is already done... I think I am just extra upset over it because of how much improvement my skin was finally starting to make...

so I really don't recommend this product for people with sensitive skin and people who get tanned really easily. I also would be hesitant to use this if you have dry skin - I don't, but I felt it made my skin significantly more drier than before.

This is a thicker consistency toner (similar to glycerin rather than water) which contains salicylic acid.
Pros: didn't break me out.
Cons: didn't do much for my skin.

Najlepszy tonik na świecie. Nigdy w życiu nie maiałam tak cudownego kosmetyku. To cudo jest warte każdych pieniędzy. Jest deliktany, ma dośc gęstą, kosystencje, rozprowadza sie po buzi jak balsam aloesowy, doskonale się wchłania i nie pozostawia lepkiej skry. Doskonale łagodzi podrażnienia, rozjaśnia buzię, usuwa wypruski - naprawdę!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love that this doesn't leave my skin tight or sticky after application. Smell is definitely pleasant and not strong unlike other toners. Leaves skin soft. Packaging is not fancy but definitely practical.