3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

I use this as an essence, 1 squirt in my hand then pressed into my skin. I like how no frills Benton products are. The BHA is very mild so this can be used morning and night. Very nice as an essence, I will repurchase.

About reviewer (621 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

2.0

a year ago

Been using this for a week . The acid is probably quite mild as I feel no ill effects from it although my skin is sensitive to acids. My skin looks worse compared to the past though , just more redness and some breakouts and just uneven-ness. Will continue to use and see if it’s caused by this .

About reviewer (536 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

My skin is very sensitive and acne prone. I follow a very elaborate Korean skincare regiment and I haven't really broke out (unless its that time of the month) ever since. I use this toner as a first step post-cleanse moisturizing toner in the morning. It also has a sort of thick yet runny consistency. I don't think this really does anything (visibly) to my skin, but my skin feels fresh and supple afterwards. This lasts ages so for its price point, its a really nice bonus. Don't think I will be repurchasing though since there are many other toners that are more moisturizing and are around the same price as this one. That being said, this would be a good entry-level moisturizing toner for those that wants a good basic toner that does its job.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

Honestly I'm not sure if this did anything for my skin. My skin is normal, leaning towards dry. The only major issue I deal with is redness and discoloration. This didn't really make any difference in my skin compared to any other toner, so I think this is average and is nothing special. [1]

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2.0

3 years ago

Had high hopes after reading reviews on beauty blogs but I found this product rather average. I was having great skin that week and using this for the first time immediately broke me out in 6hrs or less. I initially thought it was merely coincidental so I continued using it for the next 2 days and the break out got worse. I stopped using it after 3 days. I'm really perplexed because I always thought my skin is rather resilient and this is the first time it has reacted so quickly and so noticeably adversely to a new product in my regime I have been using BHA products for weeks prior to this so it's definitely not an initial reaction to the BHA in this product I want to love it but I don't. It's a decent moisturizing toner but not the best I've tried P.S Try the whamisa deep rich toner if you are looking for an ultra moisturizing toner/essence it's fantastic

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

3 years ago

I bought this as a moisturizing toner. What I wasn't expecting was something that would help keep my oily skin matte for almost the entire day! I'm speculating that it's a benefit of the aloe. After cleansing and applying this toner, I finish with Simple Ultra-Light Gel Moisturizer and then apply makeup as usual. My makeup has not been sliding off my t-zone and I don't even need to blot.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

I'm not even sure what this product does, but my skin seems to like it. I introduced it as part of an elaborate new Korean skincare routine (definitely played with fire trying like 6 new products all at once...) and as a whole, my skin has done a total 180. AKA I can't really single out this toner's effects, but I will say, out of the many products I bought, it was the least outstanding. But still great lol. Sorry for the confusion. It has a thick, gel-like texture so I don't use a cotton round or anything to apply it. Just my hands. It adds light, soothing hydration (amazing for the summer) and plumps my skin. Doesn't make it sticky, doesn't make makeup pill up or get gross. Yeah, the pH isn't right for exfoliation so I'm not sure why that's a selling point, but whatever. It feels absolutely amazing on my neck and chest though, an area I have never been able to use ANY products on because the skin there would always react unfavorably. That in and of itself, makes this stuff precious to me. tl;dr version: it's good for light hydration and prepping your skin, very affordable, doesn't exfoliate. I probably won't reorder this in favor of an actual exfoliating toner since my skin loves that, but I would still recommend it.

About reviewer (542 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3.0

4 years ago

Meh. I've been using this in the morning as my first layer of hydration post-cleanse, but it's honestly not any better than the Thayer's rose petal witch hazel I was using. In fact I like the Thayer's more because it's feels much more sheer on my skin than this does. I love a lot of Benton products, and this one isn't bad, but it's just okay and I won't go out of my way to purchase it. Also, the amount of BHA and the pH of the product make it basically useless cleaning out your pores. If you're looking for a gentle BHA toner both Clinique and Cosrx make good ones; ones much better than this one.

About reviewer (688 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Other, Cool

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

4 years ago

I've only put this product on once, so can't do a full review. I bought it because I have sensitive skin with roseacea. I had read this was very soothing and healing. Yesterday morning I patted it onto my skin, then applied almond oil and moisturiser. My skin quickly turned red and hot, particularly in the areas I have roseacea acne scars. I left it on all day anyway hoping it would calm down, but it didn't. So I'm not sure what I've reacted to, whether its the aloe vera, its not the snail slime, my skins fine with that. I will give it another go, but not for a good while. Honestly, since other reviews describe it as cooling and soothing, I probably shouldn't subject my skin to another dose, but I can't stand wasting money like that. I'm waiting on a bottle of hada labo AHA lotion, so I'm hoping to have better luck with that. UPDATE: I tried this a second time without using the cleanser I had previously used before applying Benton toner, and got the same cooling and soothing result other reviewers described. DON'T mix this product with 'Activate Brightening Cream Cleanser'.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

1.0

5 years ago

I am so upset about this product. I have dealt with acne for 10 years. But then recently I swapped to the Korean ten step routine (and basically switching out all my skincare products) and the change for a month was beautiful. I couldn't believe how clear my skin got. I think it was the first time I ever felt my skin was presentable even without makeup. Then I heard about this brand and toner and since I didn't have a toner in the routine, I ordered it. Just a week into using, I got these huge cystic acnes - which I haven't had to dealt with even before I swapped to this new skincare routine - and my skin looked duller/darker even despite the fact that I was wearing sunscreen everyday. So I stopped using it but the damage is already done... I think I am just extra upset over it because of how much improvement my skin was finally starting to make... so I really don't recommend this product for people with sensitive skin and people who get tanned really easily. I also would be hesitant to use this if you have dry skin - I don't, but I felt it made my skin significantly more drier than before.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan