Maybelline Color Tattoo LE Matte Brown

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/13/2014 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Another tattoo I found at the Dollar Tree and was surprised. This is a limited edition pot but if you can find it, its worth the time searching. I dont like this as a shadow because its sort of patchy and differs in consistency from other tattoos I own.

I however find this to be a great brow product. I know that sounds odd, but it works great and the color is a medium brown with neutral tones. It stays all day and looks natural. There is absolutely zero shimmer or glitter, it is a true matte.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Oh, how I wish Maybelline would add more mattes to their line! This is a versatile brown that is suitable on many skin tones. I was lucky enough to find this at my local CVS for $7.49. Maybelline does eye products very well. I took one lippie off since I noticed that this shadow does not last me the entire day. I would repurchase.

on 10/31/2013 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I finally found the new Color Tattoo eyeshadows from the 2013 Holiday collection at a Meijer. I am reviewing Matte Brown now.

First, I would implore Maybelline to add additional matte colors to the permanent line. Matte Brown is an excellent neutral cream shadow. It can be used as a base, but I actually prefer to wear this on my lid with the other LE CT, Nude Pink, blended in above. It gives a soft natural look that is perfect for work or just running around.

Additionally, I find these easy to apply. I do use a small brush- actually, I use the ELF contour eyeshadow brush. The one I have has stiffer bristles (not scratchy, but firm) to apply this and to blend in. You can also apply this with your finger. I think they work best if you work fast and blend in with a brush of some sort. When I have worn these with a primer (TSFI), they wear like iron and I have oily lids. I'm on about 10 hours and it looks just as if I just applied it. Very impressed with these and I am going on a huge search to find backups. I love all of my CT's, but these in particular because I don't always want shimmer, especially in the brow bone area. I highly recommend the Matte Brown and Nude Pink- if you have extras, hit me up- I'll take them off your hands! :)

EDIT: At the 15 hour mark, these were perfect without creasing or fading. Very impressed!

Bottom Line
Pros: Great price, goes on smoothly, does not crease on me when I use primer-I have oily lids, very nice neutral color for natural looks or just a lighter makeup look.

Cons: HARD TO FIND: Maybelline: ADD THESE TO YOUR PERM. LINE!!! PLEASE..with a cherry on top!

on 11/16/2013 12:21:00 AM

I love this. I was fortunate to find a display at CVS with the 3 LE colors, Matte Brown, Just Beige and Nude Pink. The Matte Brown is a medium brown, and works well on it's own, or as a base. I used it with Nude Pink and loved the look. Color Tattoo needs these in the permanent line. The apply evenly. I used my fingers, and there was no blotchyness, just a smooth application. You do have to work quickly, as you do with all Color Tattoos, but it wears all day. The longest I've worn it was 14 hours, and it still looked great. It works great as a base for other colors. I went back the next day to CVS and bought a second set of these colors. They were all still there, which surprised me. I checked at two other CVS stores and one was sold out, and the other didn't have them. if you can find them, grab them. They are the matte you wish you had.

on 10/31/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was so happy to find this!! I just ran out of my MAC paint pot, and heard this was a good dupe. After trying it out I am in love! This is a great find if you can hunt them down - I see online some people are selling 3 of the matte colours for almost $50.

The matte brown is a really nice everyday medium brown, similiar to the "Tough as Taupe" colour only less gray tones. I like that it has no obvious red tones. Just a nice basic brown cream eyeshadow.

I have been wearing it for about a week and love it. I use it as a base for other eyeshadows and on its own. I wish Maybelline would come out with more matte shades PLEASE. Some of us don't want to drown in glitter on a daily basis. I like the shimmer-y ColorTattoo ones as well but for a daily more natural look I love the matte options. They are sophisticated and can be used alone or sometimes I will blend 3-4 other colours with the matte brown depending on the look. It is easy to blend and stays put, doesn't just disappear into who knows where like some cream eyeshadows when you blend or mix.

I really have no complaints about this. Love the colour, lasts all day, inexpensive. I have all the regular shades, which I have used for months and have no problem with them drying up or anything like that - which was my main issue with the MAC - that it felt gritty and dry after about 2 months of use.

Miraculously - no issues with creasing. I wore this daily & checked my eyelids (slightly hooded eyes = major creasing problems). After checking around the 4 and 8 hour mark and there was no creasing. Not even a little bit.. . so I would say that is nothing short of a miracle for me. I tried this on my aunt who is 62 and no creasing even after 7 hours.

MAYBELLINE please, please make this part of the permanent collection and ADD MORE MATTES!! I bought 2 and would continue to repurchase if it was an option. I can't understand why the drugstore brands won't come out with more mattes when everyone seems to love them.