NARS Coeur Battant

NARS Coeur Battant
Coeur Battant

on 5/13/2015 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love just about all of the Guy Bourdin collection. I have this and the Daydream shade because I just could NOT go without them lol. This is super super pigmented. I barely touch the tip of my brush to the pan and that's all I need. The blush seriously still looks brand new. This isn't a color I wear everyday as I have light skin and is something I would use for more dramatic looks. That being said, it doesn't make you look like a clown. With a little blending it gives you a bright flush. I feel like this blush is much more "moist" than the other NARS blushes. It literally lasts me all day. Even though this is a limited edition, I will probably have it for years. The color is stunning in the pan, almost neon.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's very pigmented , easy to apply . the color is amazingggggggg. :DDDDDDDD
Love ittttttt...
Downside is : It's LIMITED EDITION :/

on 6/7/2014 8:13:00 PM

The color of this blush is so striking to me in the pan. I put just a bit on the part of my face that flushes after a good workout and it takes my overall makeup look to the next level of glamour. I use it more in the Winter and Spring as its such a cool color. A rather unique color, it will last forever as I don't need much and I am happy to have it in my collection.

on 3/19/2014 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I literally stopped in my tracks the first time I saw this blush. I didn't read any reviews or know anything about it but I went ahead and bought it because Nars blushes have a good reputation and I knew I could return it if it didn't end up working out. I'm a sucker for matte blush and the color and pigmentation on this one is perfect. Use your brush to grab the smallest amount you can imagine and then tap off the excess. When you think you've tapped enough off, tap it one more time because this stuff is seriously pigmented! I'm a total beauty junkie and this was one of my favorite purchases of 2013!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Absolutely love this product. It's perfect for a lovely winter flush. Like all NARS blushes it's super pigmented, and I only need to touch my brush to the pan. I'm fairly on the pale side (mac studio fix fluid nc15/matchmaster 1.0) so it doesn't take much to give me that just in from the cold look!

I know a lot of people are afraid of wearing heavily pigmented blush but all you need is a light hand, and the right brush! I suggest mac 187 or 129 dip brush into pan, tap off excess and lightly sweep on. Try not to stare at yourself in the mirror too much.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For reference I'm NC45. I saw this color a few days ago and was on the fence about it so I didn't buy it. Fast forward to today....I woke and decided that it must come home with me so back to Sephora I went. I'm glad I did. This is highly pigmented so its best to go in with a light hand and build up the color to your liking. Its very easy to come out looking like a clown if you're not careful. Against my skintone it translates as a nice deep but semi-bright pink. It just adds a nice bit of vibrancy to my face without looking crazy. This is definitely WOC friendly. I envision working this blush with my brown smokey eye using my kohl pencil all the way to just this blush and lush eyelashes and a soft pink lippie. Its a shame this shade isn't a part of the permanent line.

on 11/30/2013 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This blush was so beautiful to me in person that I bought it at Sephora without even trying it. And I love it soo! It looks like a bit of an odd color in the pan but on my NW45 skintone this is positively gorgeous. I apply it with a MAC 187 brush, just tap it the littlest bit for sheer color then apply. Wonderful product, would certainly purchase this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This blush is really bright and intense in the compact but don't let that scare you. As long as you use a tiny bit at a time, you won't get the clown look.
Coeur Battant is a blue based magenta shade and like NARS blushes in general, it's very pigmented.
It gives me that nice, rosy glow and it's perfect with berry or fuschia lips or a soft pink lip look. I find it lasts the day on me without changing colour.
While it's great for the fall/winter, I think it would work all year round.
Thank you NARS for creating Coeur Battant as it's that bright hot pink/magenta shade that has been missing from my collection.

on 11/12/2013 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i swatched this blush and love it...but INGLOT HAS 3-4 blushes just like this tone and others..i have a freedom blush palette of 4 blushes and they are major dupes for the new nars ones. i forgot the numbers of the blushes...but if anyone likes this ..check out inglot blushes on their site and you choose 4 blushes in the freedom palette if you want ....i have a watermelon shade, hot orange, hot pink, and berry like this one...they are the bomb.com! ..oh heres 2 numbers i have ...66, 62 blushes...google the number images cause on the web site their pics will show not true colors....if anyone is curious..plus thats how i picked the right shades...its cheaper than nars..plus you can refill the palette...over and over. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Talk about bright. This blush is beautiful and VERY pigmented. I mean VERY. More so than exhibit A or Taj Mahal IMO so you can imagine how light handed you need to be. It's a strong blue based magenta and it's almost neon. But it gives you pretty blushing cheeks. You can obviously use it as lightly or as heavily as you'd like. Right now I'm a medium skin tone so a light hand is definitely needed though I'm not shy about packing it on; and when you do, it blends seamlessly. If I had to and was able to, I would repurchase again, but I don't think I'd need to because it will last me for the rest if my life.