Bourjois Little Round Pot

Bourjois Little Round Pot

on 1/28/2017 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love these! So usable and easy to carry. I have several shades and love them every one. I was on a roll with my Bourjois reviews so I just had to add one under these beauties. I hope they stick around for many years to come. Some of mine I have had for many years and they still smell great and perform wonderfully. Quality!

on 10/22/2016 12:38:00 PM

I LOOOOOVE these blushes by bourjois...they are the cutest blushes ever when it comes to packaging, they come in little round cute pots with a mirror great for traveling and carrying around in your clutch or hand bag. As for the product itself, it is highly pigmented and lasts for long,the color range is just amazing and suitable for all skin tones. I have rose de jaspe and rose eclat and im planning to get as many as I could as I am in looove with this product. I know that high end blushes last longer but you can always touch it up and save your money.

So - given my obsession that some beauty products are worth paying extra for (foundations, powders, eyeshadows for example) and some arent? This is why.

Bourjois are owned by the same company that own Chanel - so you are always going to get excellent value

The history of Bourjois - It was a Frenchman by the name of Alexandre Napoleon Bourjois who in 1863 created the very first powder blush, replacing the grease paint used by stage performers. Within 15 years it was being made widely available to women in France, and still is. Around the turn of the century, the company was sold to Ernest Wertheimer, who opened Galeries Lafayette, the famous Parisian department store. They expanded into perfumes, purchasing 90 percent share and 70 percent profits from Coco Chanel herself for Les Parfums Chanel in 1924. Simply put, to this day the Wertheimer family owns Bourjois, which owns Chanel. The perfumes and makeup are remarkably similar, while the prices are not.

So - the Little Round Pot blusher really is excellent value. OK, so Chanel are going to say that they are ingredients differences & whatever , but after all is said & done they're not going to release a product onto the lower price market & then allow it to be rubbish are they?

i keep one of these in my "on the go" make up bag all the time - the blushers are good coverage, nice colours & the pots are nice & small so they dont take up much room.

The packaging however... hmm, not great. All of Bourjois products look a bit on the cheap side to be honest. But then I guess you could always pay the extra £25 & buy the Chanel version if you're concerned about product aesthetics :)

on 11/29/2013 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Pros
-Reasonably priced(I think I got mine for 8 Euros)
-Lasts FOREVER
-Goes on really well, blends easily, comfortable application
-Really nice colour range. I'm pretty sure every skin tone can find a regular colour for themselves
-I got a cute special edition case that's all floral and pretty

Cons
-I would definitely have preferred a better brush

Well in Canada bourjois can only be found in selected shoppers drug mart and they're super expensive compared to the prices in the UK - almost about $19CDN for a very very small blusher. But I really wanted to try them and I'm glad I did.

This is my most favourite drugstore blushers for sure. I bought Bourjois blushers in:
33 - Lila's d'or
34 - rose d'or
48 - cendre de rose brune
74- rose ambre
95 - rose de Jaspe

On my NC25-NC30 skin these blushers show up spectacularly and have amazing pigment. Because a little goes and long way you have to be very light handed when you apply it.

Note - when your blush developes that protective coating / hard surface I read that Clear packing tape removes a layer of the blush. So get a new piece of clear packing tape, then press it down over the full surface of the blush and peel it slowly off. Tada!!!