3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

My hair: thick and coarse, naturally 2c/3a curly. I always apply a leave in conditioner followed by a heat protectant whenever I choose to blow dry my hair, however with this "5 in 1" styler, I chose to give it the benefit of the doubt and only use this. I followed everyone's instructions and applied a dime size for each half of my hair which is way less product than I usually use and proceeded to blow dry as usual with my Revlon one-step (yes, it's worth the hype and HECK YES you need it!!) My hair took less time to dry than usual, felt surprisingly silky and smooth plus looked super shiny! The blow dryer glided through my hair without any knots and tangles which is unheard of for me, I often deal with a bit of snagging. I am now on day 5 hair and I still can't stop running my hands through it because it's so soft. I curled my hair day after I blowdried and the curls are still intact, looking great. I'm really impressed and will happily only use this styling cream (instead of a leave in + heat protectant) from now on.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

5 months ago

I have been using two products from Living Proof for over a year. They were the Prime Style Extender and the Style/Lab Blowout. I decided to give the 5 in 1 styling treatment a go. I have been using just this one product and I am very happy with it. It takes the knots out of my hair after I wash it. Styles, shapes and also extends the time before I have to wash my hair again. The prime extender is really good for that but I found this product similar. I'm saving money buying just the 5-1 and also better for the environment, less plastic the better!! Don't use too much. Start with pea size amount. Too much will have the opposite effect, weigh it down and look greasy fast.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

I received a generous sample of this creamy styling product. Quite strongly fragranced, some might find it overwhelming but it does dissipate. To be honest, its a decent product & does hold the waves in my hair but so does Boots curl creme (you just have to use more product) & at a fraction of the price

About reviewer (208 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I used this as directed and it left my hair feeling really greasy and heavy. Fortunately I just ordered the sample, but I did not keep the rest of the bottle. I do like the shampoo and conditioner from this line though.

About reviewer (343 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

This product definitely doesn't work on fine hair or someone who isn't the greatest at blow drying, which is me. Probably a great product for thick hair that needs a lot of control. On my hair it also made it greasy within 1 day.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I really wanted to love this product but it just does nothing for me. I don't feel like it adds more than slight softness, like any plain old conditioner would.

About reviewer (163 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

from

2 years ago

Shocked I’ve never reviewed this as I really couldn’t live without it. It is perfect leave-in conditioner/styling treatment for my fine, blond hair. It give me a bit of texture and eliminates frizz/flyaways. I only need a nickel sized amount so it lasts me forever and is worth every penny. I prefer it to others I’ve tried and gone through 2-3 containers of this over the past 2-3 years. Think it compares mostly to Alterna CC cream and I far prefer this one. Doesn’t ever weigh my hair down and makes it look so much better in terms of cutting out frizz and making it easier to style my hair ... AND the overall results (I apply nickel size to towel-dried hair before blow drying). Five lippies for sure.

About reviewer (326 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I got a sample of this and am very tempted to buy a full bottle. I have fine hair in a pixie cut. This product feels like conditioner - thick and creamy and slick. I apply a small dab of this to damp hair, work it in, then blow dry to push my cowlicks in the right direction. Makes my hair feel soft and healthy, and adds a smidge of styling control, though typically I also use a styling product (cream/clay for texture). Works really nicely with LP Molding Clay.

About reviewer (970 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

1.0

2 years ago

I have yet to meet a LP product that works for me. This made my thick hair a poofy mess. Maybe it's good for thin or fine hair. My friend who went shorter than pixie gave me this.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

3.0

2 years ago

I love these multi-tasking hair products like Redken One United, Revlon Uniq or Alterna CC Cream, so this was the main reason to get the PhD trial set as LP products in general seem to get great reviews. First time I used this one I used way too much, like walnut-sized blop and it weighted my hair down like nothing else and I couldn't blow-dry my hair as it took like 30 minute to get it dry. Next time I used a tiny amount and it really took care of frizz, along with the matching shampoo and conditioner. But it has similar fault with the PhD conditioner, they make my hair dull, not shiny and tends to grease up hair quite quickly. Granted I have rather fine hair, but I find the grease and build up from PhD products to be extreme, and I notice no actual improved in the way my hair looks or feels. It's just tangly, with sort of layer of tacky all over. I'm back to my normal Alterna hair routine and I have instantly good hair again, soft, shiny, managable. Living Proof is not right for my hair.

About reviewer (250 reviews)

Age30-35