OPI Incognito in Sausalito

OPI Incognito in Sausalito
Incognito in Sausalito

4.5

on 5/22/2018 10:46:00 AM

I did my nails yesterday. I always do my own manis and pedis. I have 2 OPIs that are similar so I used one on each hand. Incognito in Sausalito on my left, Road House Blues on my right. The colors are almost identical. They are both very dark blues. In some lighting, they both look black. There is ever so slightly more purple in Road House Blues. But it looks like the polishes are identical on. Even our waitress last night, who complimented my manicure, thought they were the same (of course, why wouldn’t she?) Incognito in Sausalito has a little bit better formula. It was opaque in 1 coat for the most part, but I used two. Road House Blues was a little patchy on coat 1 but also needed two. I bought Road House Blues because someone told me it is a dupe for Sapphire in the Snow. I don’t have Sapphire in the Snow so I don’t know if that is true.

on 8/12/2016 1:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

An inky dark navy blue cream, no purple undertones and no shimmers. It's a great alternative to "Russian Navy". The best part about this polish? It's a wonderful one coater! The formula just can't be any better. It's a must-have if you love dark almost black polishes.

on 7/22/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Very opaque one coat wonder. My only gripe Is I don't get any blue it is very much a blue undertoned black on my nails I was hoping for the gorgeous blackened teal you see in the bottle. Otherwise cannot fault this outstanding polish.

on 2/22/2014 7:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous, deep true navy blue polish without purple, red, or grey undertones. Application is soooo smooth and completely opaque in two coats. This polish is navy, and does not look black unless you are in very low lighting. It dries quickly and lasts without chipping for almost a week--although in my experience a quality base coat is what truly makes polish last. I love OPI polish, and they don't thicken up quickly over time like cheaper polishes. They are high quality and have beautiful colors, which justifies the $9 price tag (although I can always get them with coupons and deals at Ulta and JCP salons).

on 2/1/2014 8:33:00 PM

This nail polish is the most awesome that I have ever used. The color is a very deep blue, almost black. It lends a certain elegance to the nails when you want to change it up but do not want to wear some bright, sparkly blue (I hate the color blue). It only took one coat to cover my nails completely. Super awesome!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This is a very dark, cool blue. I'd call it a blackened navy, but you could also call it a midnight blue. This has a gorgeous creme finish, and the formula is super smooth, silky, and, for me, a perfect one-coater. Because this polish is highly pigmented and very dark, I definitely recommend wearing this polish with a base coat, because I suspect strongly it would stain (as many dark, highly pigmented polishes do).

Now, I said this was a dark polish, and it really is. In many (most?) light it looks off-black. In stronger lighting, the deep blue character is easily visible, though, so it's not a "might as well be black" polish. It really is a very deep, dark blue. Even when it's looking pretty black, it's never quite entirely black (off-black at most). I love that about this polish.

If you're in the market for a deep navy/midnight blue creme with excellent coverage, formula, and character, you really must check this one out. It's one of the best, if not the best, midnight blue polishes I've ever used.

Popular Polishes