Essie sable collar

Essie sable collar

4.8

on 11/20/2017 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Sable Collar is a gorgeous lustre smoky plum brown. It's a rich dark plum with heavy brown pigments and this is such an earthy beautiful fall color! Essie calls it a "luxurious pearlescent cocoa plum". I love the formula on this one too. It goes on in 2 smooth flawless coats even with that little narrow thin Essie brush. I dislike the brush, but the formula more than makes up for it. It is nice and rich and spreads out smoothly without pooling, dripping, running, balding, or patchiness. This is a fantastic formula and this is why I still buy Essie at $9 a bottle. Oh yes, this is what a salon formula is supposed to be. This dries to a glossy gel look finish. This looks fabulous on my fair skin and it's a very warm toned polish. I am smitten with this beautiful babe. This could easily be one of my top ten Essie polishes.

on 12/28/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of the few Essie I am very into. It's a cocoa/plum/copper color. Hard to describe and very unique. It's very warm and reminds me of winter. Very easy to work with and goes on super smooth and fluid.

Top coat really brings this color out.

on 12/4/2014 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lol, it's so pretty that I'll be doing something and then I get distracted by my lovely purple, cocoa, copper nails! It is certain to become a favorite. Sadly I bought on clearance, so not sure I will have the chance to purchase again.

on 5/12/2014 5:56:00 PM

Gorgeous colour! Very easy application, two coats is perfect. A super shiny top coat makes it really intense and the shimmer stand out. Really beautiful, I get lots of compliments on it. One of my go to colours.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been wearing this color for about a week now, and I still absolutely love it! It's just such an interesting and unique shade that it immediately drew me in. When I was looing at nail polish last week I originally wanted something a little sparkly or maybe something pink. I saw this on the rack and ended up coming back to it when I was done looking. I just can't remember seeing anything like it before...kind of a cross between purple, blue, and brown, though on my nails it looks more like a mix of gray and purple. Even after a week, I put one coat of top coat on it and with the exception of a few small chips here and there, it's holding strong. I will probably get tired of the color and want to change it before it even really starts to wear off. I would definitely buy this again, and glad that it's in my collection!

on 1/17/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I never get a buzz from Essie polishes. They are okay, nothing special. Bottle a bit boring. This however caught my eye, must have caught others too as it was the last bottle in the shop from their Winter '13 collection. Love the name, sounds a bit luxe and sophisticated. The name translates to the polish too - this is a highly sophisticated shade, a lot going on depending on the light. It is predominantly a dark brown with flashes of burgundy, plum or purple. I have not worn it long enough to comment on the durability but I can tell you that you can get away with one coat if you were being lazy. And it is so shiny you could do away with top coat too (Unfortunately I am a purist - base coat, 2 coats and a Seche Vite topping for me, every time.) Cost 7.99 pounds at Boots.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

A nice deep mauve purple shade that's very flattering. It's the perfect fall shade. It looks great, and opaque with one coat; however, I applied two coats. This polish lasts all week and does not chip at all.

on 10/31/2013 3:21:00 PM

I just got a pedicure with Sable Collar and it's great! It looks brownish-purplish-burgundy-ish depending on the light. A really warm, flattering winter color.

on 10/27/2013 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This polish is freaking fantastic! The color is an amazing smoky plummy cocoa, and totally unique in my stash. I think 2 coats is a must, but I tend to like super-thin coats, so others may find one coat is sufficient. The polish is not high maintenance to apply-no pooling at the cuticles, and no streaking. Staying power also seems good--I'm on my 4th day with no chips and no wear at the tips. Essie is my go to brand, because of the smaller brush. I'm stocking up on this one!

Popular Polishes