Sephora Formula X Nail Color

3.0

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in 4 shades. A couple were gwp types of things. Just not impressive to me. The colors are cheap looking once applied (perhaps just the shades I have?) and they chip within a day or two. I also do not care for the bottle, it feels awkward and cumbersome to me. They have re-done the brush and I did try the newer brush version and I find it just does not apply product very well. I almost prefer the older brush, which was ridiculously thin and flimsy. Would not repurchase. Too many other better nail polishes out there imho.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got this in my ipsy bag and it's the worse . I wouldn't even rebuy this . It doesn't go on smooth at all, it's streaky . as soon I put it on I took it right off

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

The claims on this nail polish are ridiculous, and I do not know how they came up with them. I have two shades of the Formula X polishes. While I do really enjoy the shade selection, I will never waste my money on these polishes again. They apply streaky, and have a watery consistency. You need to use a light hand when applying, or else it will pool up in your cuticles. The worst part about these polishes is how quickly they chip. Expect chipping within a day or two. No base coat or top coat can save the short longevity of these polishes. Save your money and try a different brand.

I have one regular polish and one special effects polish from Formula X, and the regular polish is okay.

Regular color: I would compare it to Essie, as the color lasts for about 3-5 days without chipping, with a top coat. Not bad, but pricey.

Special Effects color: The special effects polish in Spectacle did not even last one day without chipping horribly - and I work at a desk and avoid opening things with my nails. The color is super cool because it is a matte rose color, but what's the point if it chips immediately?...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Unbelievable. Doesn't chip for several days using Nails Inc caviar base & top coat. Every other high end, low end polish chips in 1-2 days on my fingers. Have some odd VIB freebies and sale colors that I love. Will def buy more!!! Highly recommend the nails inc as well.

These are one of the only nail polishes that don't chip on me. However, I do keep my nails very short. I use their three step system of the base coat, nail color and then top coat and I think that really helps. Some of the colors are hit and miss because I find that some formulations chip more than others, which is odd. Frenetic and ignite are my favorite and last quite a long time. It's a great line with fantastic colors.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I received one bottle free during a VIB/Rouge and the another I bought. I will only discuss the formula and wear as I cannot remember the names of the two shades since I'm not at home as I write this review. I must say that I'm quite impressed with the wear and formula of this polish because I'm pretty rough with my hands and with just two coats and a top coat I have yet to experience a chip or serious tip wear after a day of hauling books around and dealing with several kids and two dogs. Its been three days already and so far they still look as if I just applied it an hour ago. Its definitely worth the $10 price tag and I plan on grabbing more shades in the future.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This polish chips no matter what top/base coat used within 24 hours. Do not waste you $.Just as Sephora brand eye shadows are horrible so are there store brand polishes.

You MUST use the whole system- their base coat and top coat and then it lasts. 4 kids and busy life and this lasts at least 10 days. If I take the whole "system" to my nail salon I can get it to last even longer. Love it and the color selection is awesome.

I was excited to test this out when my sister bought the whole formula X system. I used the color "high frequency" which is a beautiful turquoise. I love the packaging and the polish applied beautifully. Sadly those are the only good things I can say about this product. The topcoat bubbled and several nails chipped within 24 hours. For me to pay $10+ for a nail polish, it would have to be perfect. I don't think I will be buying these for myself in the future.

Popular Polishes