Clinique Stay True ] [DISCONTINUED]

Clinique Stay True ] [DISCONTINUED]
Stay True ] [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

water purified, cyclomethicone, propylene glycol, tea-stearate, kaolin, glyceryl stearate, tea-isostearate, steareth2, magnesium aluminum silicate, polyethylene, steareth 20, cellulose gum, alumina, xantham gum, trisodium edta, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: talc, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines, bismuth oxychloride, mica, carmine.

on 1/3/2013 7:02:00 PM

Es una base cubritiva, fluida y que unifica bien el tono.
Tiene en su contra que resulta en un efecto que aplana mucho la cara, da un color a carton corrugado. Elimina los brillos pero también la luz de la piel; igual la usé hasta el final, con iluminadores, bronzers, etc.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I chose this foundation because it is oil-free and was recommended while I was at the Clinique counter. The color is good-it perfectly matches my skin color/tone, but the coverage is almost non-existent. I feel like I have no makeup on my face (which in theory sounds good but I also look like I don't have makeup on). I liked the Even Better foundation from Clinique, but I think I'm going to move on to another brand that works with oily skin without sliding off a few hours later.

on 2/2/2012 8:14:00 PM

I love this product - with a custom blending of shades. I have been using this for 10-5 years and have tried other brands but always come back. It seems like this product is getting bottom drawer treatment and I worry that they will discontinue it. I am very fair and as others know, the shade selection is much too limited. I quickly found that a 50/50 mix of Stay Light and Stay Light blends perfectly with my tone. Great coverage and unless I apply too much, and I get a lot of comments that I have a great complexion, although it is actually ruddy. You do have to be skilled at applying it quickly and in sections as it does dry rather quickly. I use my fingertip and don't have any complaints about the wide mouth bottle, but I am not that familiar with other delivery methods. The packaging is definately not green and it upsets me every time I make a purchase all the wastefull packaging Clinique send me home with.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Okay, so I have oily skin and I researched tons of different foundations to control my oil while not looking cakey or thick, and this one got decent reviews. Many people said it's creamy, smooth, light, and natural looking. Well I was so disappointed.

First off, it is lightweight, but doesn't cover anything at all. I used a bunch of concealer but it still should every blemish and every discoloration or redness on my face.

It dries ridiculously fast, which is extremely unconvenient. I literally took finger full of it, and put a dot on my forehead. I LITERALLY took my hand from my forehead, picked up a brush, and when I went to blend it, the layer closest to my skin was dried, leaving an ugly circular form of the residue on my skin. If you try to blend it out, it streaks and dries as your blending, leading to a hopeless and disgusting mess, that hasn't even covered anything up.

I didnt want to leave it on, so I took it off and re started. Once I finally got a somewhat decent looking face (at least fifteen minutes later) I went to work. Within a half an hour, my skin was shiny and looked like an oil spill. And the sad thing is, I don't have very oily skin. Before i tried this one, I used a foundation meant for dry skin and still only had to blot once.

Please, please don't buy. If you want to for some reason try it, get a free sample or keep the receipt. You will be returning, as I am.

on 10/9/2011 9:40:00 PM

After always hearing great reviews of Clinique by people who are acne-prone I decided to try their Stay True foundation. Before purchasing Clinique I was using Estee Lauder Double Wear. Unfortunately, the Clinique broke me out horribly. I had ZERO pimples before using the Clinique and within a day I already had 5 whiteheads (yuck!!). I used the foundation for a week to make sure it wasn't a fluke and it only got worse. I went back and purchased another bottle of the Estee Lauder and within a couple of days my face cleared up. This foundation also did not give near as good of coverage and was more difficult to blend than the Estee Lauder. I definitely do not recommend this for anyone who is acne prone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i haven't bought this product, but have received a generous sample of it and i'm glad i didn't spend my money on it. it's just an average foundation, nothing spectacular about it.
the coverage is, in my opinion, a little less than medium. it evens out the complexion, but does not cover redness. i have some acne scarring and small red pimples which required a concealer.
the finish is semi-matte, without any glow or shine, but still leans toward natural, rather than chalky.
the general feel is also very natural, it blends nicely, and looks almost invisible. it doesn't really accentuate any dry areas, but does not disguise them either.
the downside is that it simply does not last on me. my skin is quite oily and i've worn it to a wedding which included some sweating and a lot of dancing and it simply did not perform. after 5-6 hours it visibly melted off my face (even though i put a primer underneath and set it with powder), became patchy and redness around my nose started to become quite visible. if it wasn't for the poor lasting properties, it would have made an excellent everyday foundation since it looks natural and isn't heavy.

on 9/9/2011 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've got say, if you're reporting this is 'orange' or 'cakey', you just didn't try and buy the right color/product. Clearly, it's not a product's fault if it's not for you. Clinique must have 10 foundations to choose from, but it's on the buyer to choose correctly. It's perfect for my skin and the color, 'Stay Golden' melds with my natural skin tone. I use moisturizer, sometimes concealer, and a little Rimmel Neutral Pressed Powder in my T-Zone. I put it on my skin in 'zones', left, right, chin/nose, then forehead and I use my fingers. I'm sold! I only wish the bottle wasn't glass so it was easier to travel with.

on 7/25/2011 9:27:00 PM

I have used this foundation for 10-15 years. It is lightweight, long-lasting, and easy to apply evenly for great coverage. It requires no powder or base and never looks cakey or fake.

My skin is very oil and acne prone. Despite this, I've received consistently glowing compliments of my skin. When I inevitably respond to them, "It's the makeup. My skin looks gross," I almost always get responses back that they don't believe I'm wearing foundation etc.

on 7/17/2011 11:19:00 AM

Blerch. I can't believe that I purchased this produce. A couple of close girlfriends are HUGE Clinique fans and they suggested that I try some of their foundation. I rumbled up to the Clinique counter and asked for help purchasing a foundation.

This was the produce recommended to me. I ended up getting the Clinique Stay-True Make Up Oil Free Formula in Teint Mat #04 Stay Sunny. Now I'm really not that tanned at all but after putting this stuff on it turned me off foundation for ages. It is so thick and unless you put it on super fast it just cakes on and you look like you've indulged in too much fake tan. I know my make up skills aren't the greatest in the world but even I couldn't stuff up my foundation this much.

Pros: Would be beautiful and matte for any body make up ie neck, shoulders etc.

Cons: Expensive, cakey, thick way way way to orange toned.

on 5/13/2011 5:58:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Normally I'm Combination / Dry Skin so I never thought on buying this foundation but, the last days I've been having a lot of troubles getting a matte finnish and get rid of an unormal shiny T zone (hot weather issues). So I went running to the Clinique counter to find a shine control product and end up with this foundation that is simply amazing when it comes to matte finish.
It's almost odorless and has a good staying power in hot conditions, it stays matte and even helps to mild cover enlarged pores and it doesn't clog them.
As it's oil free it dires out rappidly so it's better to act quick with a damped sponge or -my personal favorite-, a duo fiber brush. If you use your fingers be sure to have really clean hands because it doesn't have a pump and you can contaminate it.