Revlon Colorburst Lacquer - Demure

Revlon Colorburst Lacquer - Demure

2.3

I have really red pigmented lips and this shade helps to tone it down and give it more of a light pink flush. It's my favourite shade. I find that a lot of pink shades look very orangey on me because my lips are that red and pigmented. I understand if you have pale natural lips this will wash you out but this is heaven for people like me. I'm going to stock up on some more because Revlon love to discontinue my favourite shades. I find a lot of pink lipsticks, both high end and drugstore are really cool blue based which doesn't flatter me at all. This one is a warm light pink.

on 2/6/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

the packaging is pretty, and that's why I bought this product--it's a shiny pinky-peachy chubby pencil, and looks pretty on my desk. I don't usually buy anything Revlon--if I stray from Bourjois/MAC/Clinique/Fresh, it's to buy Rimmel or Physicians Formula.

the actual product is odd. as other said, there is a peppermint scent (I happen to love peppermint), which doesn't make sense since it's not advertised with this as a benefit. and with the name "lacquer balm", I though the product would be shiny, smooth, and glossy, something like Clinique's original Black Honey lipstick, right?

it is shiny, but mostly because of the tacky glitter (instead of a smooth, glossy finish). next time, I'll spend a few more dollars and buy a Clinique chubby lipstick instead.

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

For me a lip balm's quality is determined during winter, and colorburst lacquer doesn't do much for keeping my lips hydrated.
Smells little minty in a nice way. I also like the shiney look 'Demure' gives me but it sadly it doesn't last long.
It's soooo expensive for a light colored not so much hydrating colored lip balm. Don't think i will buy it again!

on 1/29/2015 4:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This color would be my hg if it weren't for all the glitter. I love everything else about it. It's a nice color, moisturizing, love the minty scent. I wish they'd make more of these w/o shimmer & glitter wig more moisture.

on 10/4/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The price is pretty expensive for a drugstore product. But, the packaging is cute I really like the light pink color to it, it also has a bit of sparkle! I think it's a good product might buy some more colors.

on 7/15/2014 11:42:00 PM

Demure is a great name for this because you can barely see it. The color payoff is horrible for the price. I've had better payoff from $2 Wet'n Wild lip products. For $2 more I can buy a MAC lipstick with better payoff as well. The only way you can tell I have any lip product on is if I use foundation on my lips first and even then it's barely there. It's called "Colorburst" so I expected a bit more pigment. So -1 lippie for that.

I also subtracted another lippie because it has a strong peppermint smell which I don't like. I don't think any lip product other than Burt's Bees chapstick should smell like this does.

And finally -1 lippie because it has glitter for some reason and has a rough feeling when being applied. Based on appearances I thought it would have a smooth application.

on 7/15/2014 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Luckily I did not buy this product myself but received it in a gift bag. Based on the colour of the packaging, I did not think this shade would suit my fair complexion at all, but I was wrong. It is a very pretty nude (although it has glitter which I don't like) that works well with my skin tone. I find most Revlon lip products to be very drying, but this product is much more "comfortable" on the lips. The colour is very sheer and you really need to layer it on to get any colour payoff at all. It has very little lasting power and you are left with glitter all over your lips. I would not purchase this product myself.

on 6/26/2014 6:59:00 AM

Revlon, we love most of your lip products, but please, please find a way to do things without the chunky glitter flecks. Glitter sitting on your lips after the color wears off is never fun. The color of Demure is more that of a peachy pink lip gloss without the goop. Honestly even as sheer as it is, and as not that great feeling on the lips (I expected much more of a moisturizing feeling) I would be happy with this color. But it is that darn gritty texture of the glitter flecks and the glitter sitting on my lips I hate. I wanted juicy. Looks like I will have to just splurge on the Clinique ones. FYI - The matte balms by Revlon are better because they don't leave glitter (matte ya know :) and the color lasts longer.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This particular shade is barely a lipstick at all. It is pretty packaging, and the product color is nice, but the texture is God awful. It's a very thin and sheer shade, so you have to apply a lot of it for any color to show. Then it gathers in the center of your mouth and goops up as a milky color. It also doesn't last nearly as long as the other shades in this line, and it feels bad on my lips. I know nudes are a popular choice, but avoid this one and go for Ingenue or Coy. Some of the other lacquer balms do not have the glitter and they're much better. This one is just the worst of all of them.

on 1/28/2014 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been eyeing the Revlon Balm Stains for a while now, so I picked up the Lacquer balm in Demure today. When I swatched it on my hand, it was such a pretty, light pink color with sparkles. However, on my lips, it barely showed up, and it looked like I just had a colorless balm on. I can never seem to find light pink colors that actually show up on my lips, but aren't an overwhelming hot pink color.

I like the packaging and the feel of the product on my lips, but this is not the shade for me.

Popular Lips Products