OPI DS Lapis

OPI DS Lapis
DS Lapis

4.3

on 8/7/2016 4:16:00 AM

Lapis (Designer Series) is from OPI Fall 2013 Collection. It's a sparkly sapphire blue polish, which dries to a matte, textured finish (not as textured as Liquid Sands).

The application was brilliant. The glitter spreads evenly around the nail. I used 2 coats. It dries really fast too. I am not usually a fan of matte polishes, but I quite liked Lapis in its natural state. However, I liked it even more with a shiny topcoat. I had to use 2 coats of top coat to make it completely smooth, but the finished result was worth it.

As mentioned before, Lapis, like most glitters, takes a while to remove. I would recommend using a scrubbing tub, which takes this polish off it seconds.

on 11/4/2013 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Chips on me but it's so beautiful that I still use it. I've used orly bonder and cnd stickey to no avail. though I've had issues with nail polish wear lately so it could be my nails. I think I've been wearing too many liquid sands :).

It has the refined editorial finish that I had wished the suede collection had. It's the direction that I hope more matte glitter nail polishes go in. Much more wearable, chic and easier to pull off at any age. My boyfriend loves the finish and texture.

I agree that it is a pain to remove which is surprising because it looks like it'll be easier that the other glitters. Foil removal system is probably the best way to go.

It's easy to do retouches but after a while the retouches will look goopy because the texture is less forgiving than the liquid sand types (matte glitters).

This polish is a much more mature glitter that looks like something out of a vogue editorial it looks the way I wished Russian Navy Matte looked.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I mistakenly thought this was a textured or liquid sand type polish, but it isn't. The dry surface is somewhat textured, but this is actually a matte polish, royal blue, absolutely filled with super fine, silvery glitter.

This has a very nice formula, super smooth to apply. One coat will give opacity, though if I'm intending to wear it with the natural finish, i.e., as a matte, I always use two (I find it cuts down on chipping).

This polish in its natural state reminds me of blue graphite (not that there is such a thing, but if there were), and the colour is just gorgeous. Add a shiny top coat and the glittery bits come alive and the polish takes on a completely different character, like a cobolt blue sky filled with twinkling stars. Either way, this is a stunningly beautiful polish, and because it can be worn matte or shiny, it's very versatile.

When wearing this without topcoat, it gradually becomes more shiny and less matte with wear. It's actually really beautiful to watch it kind of evolve, becoming more satiny and with more glitter visible. I really enjoy watching it evolve!

I'll also note that I get good wear out of this, no unusual chipping or even unusual tip wear, even when I wear just a single coat of this. I do always use a good quality base coat, so I'm sure that helps, but this polish is just pretty impressive as far as wear, in my experience.

Love, love, love this polish. I even ordered a backup bottle of it because it is so very gorgeous. Hard to keep my eyes off my fingers when I'm wearing this.

My only complaint, and it's a minor one, is that it's a bit of a pain to remove, due to the amount of glitter in it. It's not horrible like some glitters, thankfully, but it does take a bit more work than a creme or a jelly, or even a glitter-in-jelly polish.

Popular Polishes