Milani Color Statement Lip Liner

4.8

Not tested on animals

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

These are my HG lip liners. I have Fuchsia, True Red and Nude. Fuchsia goes so well with all of my berry lipsticks (like Nyx Aria), True Red is your classic red with blue undertone and Nude is amazing color to use under ANY nude lipstick for me because it is almost the color of my lips. For me, they are not drying, creamy, easy to apply (unlike Nyx lip liners that feel dry and tug on the lips slightly). These lip liners really enhance the color and longevity of any lipstick, perfectly saturated and don't break when you sharpen them. I cannot recommend these enough!

on 8/12/2016 12:46:00 AM

I have this lipliner in '03 Nude'. It goes on very nice and smooth. It is a good nude lipliner. It was $5, and I would definitely repurchase this.

on 6/21/2016 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love this! I have 03 Nude. It's super creamy, goes on and stays on. This is the perfect "my lips but better" color. It's inexpensive and easy to find.

The only slight con is that it does need to be sharpened pretty much every day. Which might seem odd to someone who frequently uses lip liners, but I usually don't, so I find it a bit annoying. But totally worth it for the color, creaminess and low price. ;)

on 6/4/2016 9:30:00 PM

I'm a lip liner addict. I have more than I will ever use but if I did need to repurchase I would. I have the colors All Natural, Nude and Spice. All three are various nudes with Spice being the darker more brown of the three. Honestly, Nude and All Natural are so similar you don't have to have both. Nude does have a more pink base tho, whereas All Natural is more of a classic nude.

Pros:
Creamy enough to be worn over the entire lip
Long lasting
Pigmented
Affordable, I paid $3 USD for mine

Cons:
Pencil form so it will need to be sharpened, this doesn't bother me at all tho

These are great affordable lip liners. Give them a try!

on 6/4/2016 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I got this lip liner in 03 Nude and I absolutely love it.

Pros
-Goes on smooth
-Gorgeous color, very pigmented
-Is only $4 and change (on Milani's website)
-Nice packaging
-Can be worn by itself or under lipstick or lip gloss

Cons (not really cons for me but may be cons for others, so this is more of a heads up)
-It's a wooden pencil so it will have to be sharpened
-The pencil isn't very long compared to, for instance, Wet n Wild's liners. So if your sharpener isn't sharpening well, you might waste some of the product
-This color is more of a pinkish nude, it's not pink but it seems to have some pink in it. But Milani does have a nude brown lip liner called 09 Spice. I haven't tried it yet, but I am getting it soon and will update this review once I try it.

UPDATE: I tried 09 Spice and 04 All Natural. Both are nude shades and the pros and cons are pretty much the same. Except, Spice is brown, but it seems to have a slight orange tint to it. Spice wasn't necessarily what I was looking for, I wanted a chocolate brown liner, but it is nice and I will still use it. All Natural seems to be a similar color or the same color as Nude, except that it is less pink than Nude. Overall I do like them and would recommend them.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Love this soooooo much , very pigmented , creamy , glides like a dream and lasts for hours , price is good , I have 09 spice very pretty color , will def buy this lip liner again and again

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice product, no flaking, fading or running. HOWEVER I hate wooden liners and this one is just as bad as any other I have tried. I wasted half of it trying to get it sharp and it didnt sharpen well. I'm planning on going back to see if they have any retractable options. If not, I'll just stick to Rimmel and Jordana

I love milani and I love these lip liners! So creamy, smooth and has the best color selection. They have an awesome selection of nudes which can be tricky when it comes to drug store cosmetics. I love the packaging, it looks high-end! I also love that they're priced under $5, sharpen nicely and look natural on the lips. Will always repurchase and will always love.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I LOVE these lip liners. They are easily some of my favorites, next to Wet n Wild's Lip Liners that give you so much product for the price it's almost criminal. I own two of them: one in Spice and the other in All Natural. Lately I have been reaching for All Natural to wear underneath their lovely lipstick Matte Beauty.

I really like creamy lip liners and these are some of the best out there. To be honest, my favorite lip liners don't come from stores like Sephora or MAC, they come from LA Girl (the color "Cherry" is one that EVERY girl should have in her bag), Milani and Wet n Wild. They cost a fraction of the price and you can find dupes if you look hard enough.

Milani liners are, as I mentioned, creamy, long lasting, and easy to sharpen. They're made of wood (bonus if you hate retractable liners, which I do) and are very pigmented. I've found that with a lot of liners I can't put on a layer of lip protectant (I use Carmex) right before I apply liner because the liner simply will not show up. I don't have that issue with Milani Color Statement liners-I can apply Carmex, wait a few minutes, put the liner on and it still spreads and distributes the color nicely. And two passes is enough for the color to show up on me and still look lovely.

"All Natural" reminds me of MAC's "Spice". It may be a tiny bit darker pink than "Spice" but I definitely would NOT wear it alone (I wouldn't wear "Spice" alone either for that matter). It's too much of a garish pink that I think looks horrible on my skin. For that reason, I layer it underneath "Matte Beauty" for beautiful results.

The "Spice" lip liner color is NOT a dupe for MAC but I like it because it's a cooler toned light brown liner that I'm able to wear alone if I wanted to. I have done so before and have gotten quite a few compliments. I don't usually reach for it because my obsession with brown lip color is currently filled by LA Girl Endless Auto Liner in "True Brown" or by Wet N Wild's Color Icon Liner in "Chestnut". Seriously. I'm innundated with brown liners, lipsticks and everything else. I probably should back off brown for awhile. Will I though? Will hell freeze over in my lifetime? Didn't think so.

Anyways, Milani Liners are definitely worth the $5 and some change you'll throw down for them at your local Walgreens or CVS. Rite-Aid doesn't carry Milani, and Target used to carry the line but has since stopped doing so (WHY?!)

The only thing that bothers me about their liners is that they only come in eight shades. Out of those eight, I could only see myself wearing maybe three. But I won't let that stop me. And you ladies shouldn't either.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I disliked this product more than I liked it. It's TOO creamy, to the point it slides around my lips and doesn't secure any lipstick on top of it. It's pigmented but it's not what I look for in a lip liner. Not a fan :(

Popular Lip Liners