Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE, OZOKERITE, OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, SILICA, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, PARAFFIN, POLYETHYLENE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, SYNTHETIC WAX, MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) OIL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CERA ALBA ((BEESWAX) CIRE D ABEILLE), BHT, BENZOIC ACID,, MAY CONTAIN: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), RED 6 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850:1), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985), RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410).

I have been experimenting with my third stick in shade "Fiery" 270, and I love it! It is more of a wine/berry shade. It is wonderful rubbed into lips and layered as a stain or worn full on like a lipstick. Great with or without gloss on top. For me they last at least 4-6 hours per application.

I love these! Highly recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Love these. I have Unapologetic and Showy. They feel hydrating, soft, smooth, and silky on my lips. They're not flat matte. They look and feel like a true balm on your lips. They don't dry me out. They have great pigmentation as well; they're not sheer but opaque.

To Read all 231 Reviews, Login or Join

Got the 255 enchanting shade.

Pros:
-Beautiful peachy-nude shade
-Very hudrating for a matte lipstick
-Great price range
-Smell like mint with cooling sensation

Cons:
-Don't really like crayon kind of packaging
-Doesn't last very long

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have these in the Standout and Shameless shades :)

I ABSOLUTELY love these matte balms! The staying power is great, they don't smudge or smear and are just the right consistency and pop on my lips. I also find these not drying at all, unlike some of my matte lipsticks which is something that I welcome with open arms.

About price........This is a bit tricky for me since I purchased mine out of TK Maxx for £2.99 each but these retail for about £7.99 on the Revlon site so I managed to bargain them :). I think I would still purchase from the main site if I ever ran out as I'm totally sold at the moment. This may change but honestly, not unless Revlon change their formula etc

Since I'm currently really into these balms, I'll be taking a break from the MAC counter in Debenhams and I think my bank account will appreciate this too hehe

I definitely recommend and will be repurchasing!

on 5/5/2016 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

well its a nice lipstick. the color goes on opaque, its not drying at all, and it has a good staying power and good color selection too. my only problem with this lipstick is the strong toothpaste peppermint scent it has - its awful. and unfortunately it is a deal breaker for me. not repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The top is Sultry and the bottom is Enchanting. Sultry is similar to MAC Twig and Enchanting is almost like MAC Kinda Sexy. Now, I totally love Twig and Kinda Sexy, but these will be nice to toss in my purse this summer and not have to worry about them melting.

Walgreens had them B1G1 (1/2) and I know Ulta runs Revlon on sale often. They have lots of hydrating butters and just a hint of peppermint but not enough to cause irritation. They feel amazing on, too!

Full Size Image

on 4/29/2016 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I purchased two colours, Shameless and Elusive. They don't last long, they smear relatively easy even with a basic primer underneath.

Shameless is absolutely terrible. It smudges horribly, is extremely patchy going on even with exfoliating and primer before application. Goes on way too dark on some places and is barely opaque in others. It's not even a good dupe for MAC's Heroine, the colours are very very different.

Elusive had better results, going on more smoothly and with better color payoff than Elusive. It still fades quite a bit but isn't as noticeable as Shameless did.

Neither felt moisturizing, and will catch on any dry spots making them even more noticeable. Exfoliation before application is a definite must.
Bottom line: stick to the more "nude" or lighter colors, at least the color is decent on those ones. Stay away from the dark ones, they're just god awful.

on 4/24/2016 3:45:00 AM

I bought 'Sultry' because everyone was raving about it. And yes, it's a fantastic lip product! The colour is very unique, the opacity and staying power is great for a drugstore product! It has a nice minty smell; though I'm aware that menthol can cause dryness of the lips...

on 3/22/2016 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Only bought "Shameless." (purple/vampira like shade) I love the color, very pigmented. Doesn't feel thick like other matte lip products. Has a minty tingly feeling, which i like. Easy to apply and does not bunch or ball up when reapplying.

on 3/15/2016 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So I bought this in Sultry as everyone seemed to rave about it being a close dupe for MACs Twig (a colour which I owned back in the 90's and totally forgot about until now) and not wanting to shell out the bucks for Twig, I tried this. The texture is perfect on the lips, the the pigment is there in one swipe and I do like the peppermint tingle and smell. It is a close enough match for Twig but after an hour or so, it turns into a bright neon pink on me. This isn't the first time a balm in a chubby pencil has done this which I find odd. Lipsticks usually stay the same colour after hours but sadly for me any type of chubby lip pencil turns bright pink on me, maybe it's something in those formulations? I have no clue. If the colour stayed true on my lips, it would definitely be a winner.

Popular Lips Products