REVLON Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

REVLON Colorburst Matte Balm (All Shades)

4.1

ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE, OZOKERITE, OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, SILICA, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, PARAFFIN, POLYETHYLENE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, SYNTHETIC WAX, MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) OIL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CERA ALBA ((BEESWAX) CIRE D ABEILLE), BHT, BENZOIC ACID,, MAY CONTAIN: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), RED 6 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850:1), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985), RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410).

on 9/24/2018 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've used this in the shade Sultry the most, and I love the color against my cool toned skin. It looks like a raspberry mauve on me, and it applies evenly and is only the tiniest bit drying. It doesn't totally last through eating and drinking, but it's easy to reapply. Overall, it makes my lips softer compared to other matte formulas and has a minty tingle and scent.

I also tried Enchanting (too light and peachy on me even though I'm pale), Standout (nice cool toned red), Fiery (too warm toned for me), and Fierce (a great autumn color - it's a natural brown, not overly dark).

I'll definitely buy these again because they give me that matte look without making my lips rough. Plus they're only around $8, so they're worth trying.

on 8/13/2018 6:58:00 PM

The bottom line: this balm is super-pigmented and lasts fairly well, but will dry your lips out. I bought an adorable coral-nude colour (255 - 'Enchanting,) which would really suit warmer and neutral skin undertones. My trusty balm is going strong over a year later, and I use it for a natural look. If that's your kind of thing, you won't be disappointed!

on 8/3/2018 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm pretty happy with this balm. It's a good buy for only about $8. It doesn't dry out my lips yet somehow lasts for hours, and it's not as tricky to use as liquid lipstick. Only gripe I have is it contains peppermint oil - that's a skin irritant I'd rather avoid. And the Fiery color, which is supposed to be a brick red, goes purple on me. Not many color choices either. Again though, a good buy for the price.

on 7/26/2018 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this so much - I bought it in Unapologetic which is a bright pink shade. The lip crayon is very pigmented and it doesn't take a lot of time to build up some colour. I love how it doesn't feel as heavy on your lips as lipstick - I can barely feel it there! It also doesn't rub off as easily even when I'm eating!

on 6/9/2018 1:50:00 PM

Have this in #255 enchanting, a muted beige-pink. I like wearing this to work or as a soft daytime lip colour since it adds colour without being distracting. It has a matte finish as the name suggests, but not like a liquid lipstick or anything. It looks like a light translucent coat of colour, kind of reminds me of a chiffon appearance as the texture is like that semi-transparent, soft look.
There is an ever so slight sheen in certain lights, but it's like the natural sheen you get with bare lips anyway.
This feels very comfortable on, it isn't quite as moisturising as your average lip balm but it certainly didn't dry my lips out either. It has a strange minty smell and is a little but tingly when first applied, but wasn't irritating and disappeared after a short while.

Lasting power isn't fabulous, as you might expect from a lipbalm-like product, so I do need to reapply and almost always after eating or drinking anything. It's a jumbo twist pencil that fits well into a purse or bag easily enough to take with me, though.
In summary, this is great as a natural-appearing and flattering lip colour while being comfortable to wear and for the price I really can't complain.

My every day colour is honey I always have this in my hand bag, there are a few shades that don't suit me but all the ones I wear I can fault, they stay put and stain for a good few hours through eating and drinking and I don't find them that drying on lips like a lot of matte lipstick can be, price wise I find them affordable and they are usually on offer in boots or Superdrug 3 for 2 or buy 1 get 1 half price

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love this so much. I have this in sultry, it's such a beautiful colour. It is matte but doesn't leave your lips dry and cracking. I find that applying too much of this accentuates the flakiness of my dry lips. However using just one coat and smearing it over with my finger is the perfect method of application for me. I'm left with the last bit of product and it's dropping out of the tube. Not really pleased with that because it means I won't be able to use it fully without risking it falling out onto the floor.

This is a really great product and I hope it doesn't ever get discontinued.

on 11/2/2016 12:27:00 PM

Been using this ever since I started using makeup - I have the shade in Sultry which looks like a mauvey nude on the tube but looks strangely red on me.

The best part about this lip product is the texture - way creamier than a regular lip balm and less chalky than a lipstick. The balm creates an even and creamy look on the lips.

I have no complaints really about this matte balm really, perhaps if they made more nude shades but thats about it.

I use these as a cream blush too! I have sultry and elusive. It has not irritated my sensitive skin. What I do is put some on my ring fingers, rub them together to warm the product, and then pat it into the skin. Don't panic, it'll look bright at first but then blend nicely after a few minutes into a "glow from within" flush. It also lasts all day and it a great alternative to powder blushes. I do the same with my lips. I give it a light pat and it looks so lovely and natural. My lips but better. Love it!

on 9/8/2016 6:15:00 AM

I'm a sucker for a good matte lipstick (with pretty packaging) and was pleasantly surprised with this find!

I was able to purchase these in the following shades Elusive, Sultry and Shameless for around $5 from the US (These are ridiculously overpriced in the Philippines where I'm from, at around $10-12 each).

Elusive, a warm yellow toned light pink was a bit too yellow for my liking and was promptly handed over to my mom who loves it on her NQ skintone (I'm an NC15-25). I felt that it made my teeth look yellow, but looked great on cooler skinned gals. Shameless, on the other hand is a vibrant true purple but applied very patchy on my lips. This was also passed along to a friend. I was about to give up on this line until I tried Sultry which has become one my holy grail everyday lipsticks. Colour wise it is very similar to MAC's Twig, a warm pink with strong brownish red undertones. It is very flattering for a wide variety of skin tones (I'm a NC15-25, my mom loves this and she's a NW20, as well as friends of mine who have NC30-40 skin tones).

Opaque in one swipe, this lipstick is a matte lipstick lover's dream! It dries to an almost powdery matte finish that is very light weight. It is creamy BUT not very moisturizing, it is still a welcome break from the entire liquid lipstick rage nowadays. Staying power is also very impressive, I apply this at 8AM for work and usually only retouches 2x a day (after meals), I could get away with retouching just once but I am very OC about the way my makeup looks after meals.

Suffice to say, while I couldn't care about the other shades in this line, I will continue buying Sultry as it has fast become my every day/ ride or die lippie.