Wayne Goss The Collection

Wayne Goss The Collection

4.8

Horse

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

These are one of the best brushes I have ever tried. They are very well made and they apply make up flawlessly. Ever since I tried artisan brushes I could never go back to regular brushes. It makes applying make up so much easier and the results look professionally done. They may cost a pretty penny but they're definitely worth the investment.

on 2/17/2016 9:10:00 PM

I bought the Anniversay set brush collection from beautylish.com which is the same as this set except the #1 brush is larger than the original version. I'm not going to lie. These brushes are expensive but brushes are an investment. I don't mind spending good money on brushes because I feel like a good brush makes a huge difference in makeup application and the overall look of my makeup. I decided to buy this set after watching Wayne's videos on you tube for over a year. I researched many different brush sets and I wanted a good eye set and I felt like these would work best for me. I'm so happy I bought this set. I've been using it for over a month. I find that I pull the Wayne Goss brushes from my brush container more than I pull any other brand due to their shape. The bristles are very soft and I haven't had any shedding. The set comes with the following brushes:

-Brush 01- a foundation brush with an angled head. I have the larger version because I ordered an anniversary set and I have not used the original version. Many reviewers don't like this brush but I love it. I don't use it for foundation. I use mine to apply cream contour and highlight from my Anastasia Beverly hills set. It blends everything in beautifully. I actually want to buy the original because it is smaller and would probably work better for me than the larger brush.

-Brush 02- it's a powder/blush brush but it's smaller than most conventional powder brushes. I love to use this for highlighters or powdering under my eyes. It's great as an all over powder brush as well.

-Brush 03- eye brush, great for crease work and to use to apply your transition shade on the crease of the eye.

-Brush 04-eye shader brush similar to the 03 brush but with a pointed tip. this is nice for adding color to the eye to create a cut crease or for adding a deeper shade of color to the outer V of the eye. It blends colors beautifully.

-Brush 05-small pointer brush, I use this mostly for apply my darkest color to the outer part of my eye or near the lash line.

-Brush 06- This is my favorite brush. I love this brush. It's a flat shader brush. This is the perfect brush for adding lid color. If you have any cream shadows or any color that you want to concentrate on the lid then this is your brush. It applies the shadow exactly where you want it to go. If you want to buy one brush from Wayne's line then this is the one I would recommend.

-Brush 07-small smudger brush. I use this to apply black shadow over my black eyeliner on the inner rim of my eye and it allows me to smoke out the black into the lower lash line. I have other brushes that do the same thing so this isn't necessarily a must have brush for me but I like it.

-Brush 08- very small flat ended detail brush. You could use this for eyeliner application or even lip liner. I don't use this brush very often. Not because I don't like it, it's just I prefer a blended smoky look and this is too precise for that. This would be good if you wanted a very sharp, clean line.

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/25/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Brush #2: really lovely brush with beautiful squirrel hair, if you can get one brush I'd recommend this one. It's a great value for rare squirrel hair, the Hakuhodo version of this is $60!! Obviously incredibly soft and gentle and I love that it doesn't disturb foundation or concealer. I bought it for setting my under eye concealer and for highlight. You could use it for blush or contour as well although it's too small for my liking for that.

Brush #8: this is a tiny push liner brush that can be used to line the eyes, waterline, or tight line. I do not like this brush because the bristles far too thin. It would be much better if there were more hairs here. There is no resistance from these bristles and the hairs seem like they will not last long at all before wearing down or becoming perminatly bent from regular use. I had debated between this one and be Hakuhodo version and I wish I'd gone with the Hakuhodo.

Both of these bushes had also been incorrectly tapered, on both the hairs were uneven and leaned to one side or with one side higher than the other...very slightly but it's still there. I always wash and dry my brushes very carefully and this is still present.

These are good quality brushes don't get me wrong, they're obviously much, much better than drugstore brushes and better than many high end brushes but they are not quite up there with Hakuhodo.

on 9/24/2015 2:29:00 AM

I've had these brushes for over a year now and they are my go to makeup brushes (I have a lot!). My eye-shadows blend out effortlessly with these brushes and they are so soft!

I am a huge fan of the shorter handles and they look so sleek and classy.
I use every single one of these brushes and wish hubby would let me buy a backup for when they are dirty.

My favourite is the small blush/contour/powder brush. Some people may find it too small for their liking but it is perfect for me. I tend to go a bit too crazy with my blush sometimes and this brush keeps me somewhat under control. I also love how precisely I can apply my powder getting into all the difficult to reach places.

I have washed these brushes a number of time and there was very minimal shedding.

Highly recommend this brush set to anyone who wants to invest in some quality makeup brushes.

on 6/18/2015 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I deliberated on buying these brushes since their launch due to the price; finally on a day when I had a devil may care attitude, I took the plunge and went for it. Oh the guilt after I hit that buy button lol. I am so pleased I made the splurge. I didn't think brushes could make that much difference to your make up but WOW they do! My make up looks professionally applied now. They apply both cheap and expensive make up like a dream and blend like I never thought possible. Same make up, different brushes but looks like very high end make up. The number 08 brush is by far my favourite but they are all fantastic. My advice is save up and take the plunge - you won't regret it. I still can't believe the difference these brushes have made.

on 1/15/2015 2:39:00 AM

I got brush #19 and #4, both crease brushes after reading reviews. They're handmade in Japan, and aren't cheap- the 2 brushes cost me almost $50. But wow! These brushes work like nobody's business, and are extremely soft. I was using a MAC 217 to blend my crease, but I found it wasn't doing a great job, was kinda scratchy and I saw hairs falling out. The Wayne Goss brushes are super soft, make blending easier (I'm still not great at it- I've just started doing crease blending) and I've had no hairs fall out. Love!

on 12/30/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This review is for the No 2 brush, I am very happy with this it is a smaller size than I am used to working with for blush,etc. but if you go to his site or YouTube there is an excellent tutorial on how versatile this implement is. Once again the quality is superb and I am measuring the caliber against my Shu Uemura and Hakuhodo ones and this is as good and for more than half the price as these are not made of blue squirrel, but the softest goat hair you could never imagine..they must have some very fine goats in japan !

on 1/17/2014 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a review for brush no. 1,2,3,4,5,6,8 (all except no.7 - it was sold out)
Favourite: 2 and 8
Least favourite: 1
First of all these are all amazing brushes. How amazing it is? I have been using these for the last month. They are incredible soft (softer than Mac brushes and similar quality with Tom Ford and Hakuhodo -> the brush producer), precise and multitaskers. I bought these from love-makeup to Australia for around 270AUD including the shipping cost, which make them around almost 40 each. The full set is cheaper but when I bought, it was sold out and I couldn't wait another month to order them. They came in a cardboard filled with foams to secure them. Each brushes were wrapped in flimsy plastic and laid inside the box, a very unsuitable packaging for brushes this expensive. The American packaging is much better than this. Note: This will not be your complete brush, there are not enough brushes to do a full face makeup unless you want to clean after each dip.

No.1 is a stippling foundation brush
This is my least favourite of all the brushes, simply because i don't really like stippling my foundation. This brush is also white bristled unlike the rest of the brushes and I found that after a few uses, it isn't white anymore, even if I wash it after each use. It is extremely soft and not scratchy at all. It is smaller than most, if not all, stippling brushes, but certainly is not small, which I find is really good because it is offers a more precise application. Because it is angled, it can easily reach and blend the area around my nose.

No.2 is a blush brush/contour
This is the smallest blush brush which I have ever seen and I love it for that. It is tapered and long bristled. You can use it precisely with just the tip of the side of the brush, it never takes too much product and it blends so good. I use to hate blush brushes because they are just big and they keep putting products all over my cheeks. I like to change where I place my brush based on the rest of my makeup, more rounded, more centered, on the side of my cheek above the contour, etc. This brush makes my dream comes true. It is also incredibly soft and when I wash and feel it in my hand, it's just...an amazing experience (I almost put or---mic here). For contouring the perimeter of the face just slightly put pressure on it, it splays beautifully.

No.3 is a large crease brush/eyeshadow brush/highlight
This is too large for my crease but it is amazing for putting a wash of colour all over my eyelid. I also love using it to apply my highlighter (be sure to wipe off the previous eyeshadow before using it to highlight). It is so soft and with the slightest pressure it splays, allowing a larger area coverage and just a wash of colour.

No. 4 is a medium crease brush/eyeshadow brush
This is my go-to eyeshadow brush. It is tapered at the end allowing a precise application at the corner of my eyes or under my eyes. It never picks up too much product and softly blend the shadows to a precise shape.

No. 5 is small crease brush/eyeshadow/detailed highlighter
This is a very very small eyeshadow brush. It perfectly fits the inner corner of my eyes. Unlike no. 3 & 4, this brush is less tapered but has a rounded shape to it. It picks up more product and gives more concentrated colour in the inner corner or under the eyebrow. It is also great for putting on a precise shaped and concentrated eyeshadow colour. For blending, this brush probably lacks compared to the above but that's where brush no.6 comes.

No. 6 is a blending brush. It has a very unique shape, that is a hybrid of flat down brush and a round brush. From upfront, it is flat down brush with rounded edges but from the side it is thicker than most flat down brushes and give an optical illusion of a round brush. The bristles are so soft and it is amazing for blending out harsh lines. Be careful not too blend too much or the colour might mix together.

No. 8 is a push liner brush
Behold! The tiniest push liner brush ever! It is so narrow and super short bristled (around 3mm length, 3 mm wide, and less than 1mm thickness!). The edge is C-shaped which fit the shape of the lid perfectly. I used to hate applying eyeliner, the precise liner is too flexible for me and bent all over the place, the angled liner does not give a precise wing, to colour the inner rim of my eyes were torture but this brush, oh my God (or, oh my Goss!) this brush is divine. It is small, short and it goes where I want it to go, even if it bent, it's still within range because it is so short. Since it is very thin, it gives me an amazing wing/flick. It is just do-all-brush for me! I love it! I love it so, so much! It is not scratchy and soooo comfortable, it goes right between my lashes, what more can I say? I just love it too much, I'm going crazy here.

Please everyone, please, please, please by these brushes. I too were so shocked from the price but after youtubers and beauty bloggers started reviewing them, I finally bought it out of my poor student pockets and I don't regret it at all. In fact! If Wayne put out more brushes, I'm going to buy them and the no.7 brush which I missed.

I will update this then, XOXO

on 12/30/2013 2:24:00 AM

I have been wanting Wayne Goss brush set since he first announced it however, it was always sold out. Huge surprise that my hubby managed to get his hands on a set as my Christmas gift!

I have been using these brushes since Christmas day and I must say they are the softest brushes ever. I know there are many who are on the fence about brush no. 01 but I personally find it to be amazing! My foundation went on like skin without any streakiness and I swear it made my face look flawless.

While these brushes are slightly on the pricey side, they are totally worth it. Every one of these brushes are high quality and it's obvious how much thought and care went into designing these babies.

Absolutely brilliant!

on 12/28/2013 11:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Wayne Goss is my absolute FAVE YT guru. His iconic wink and down to earth, natural approach just makes me happy in every video!

I was so proud of him when he announced his brushes and the project. I did not order them right off because I was a little skeptical, as I am with EVERYTHING, on ordering a first batch. Kinks needed worked out, plus I knew they would be expensive and I didn't wanna fork up the money just yet!

Let me just say I ordered the $85 USD Holiday brush first. I figured it would be an intro to the real collection and cheaper, not really! Not even a week later I ordered the whole set!! SOOOO MUCH MONEY!! I don't really 'regret' the purchase, just need better self control haha!!

ALL these brushes are SUPER soft and multiuse products.

Brush no. 1 is not my favorite. It leaves streaks on me no matter the pressure I apply and I just don't like the staining because it only cleans about 97% for me so that slight tanness bothers me, however I do like this for getting a sheer highlight and blush look. I use this for my super pigmented blushes and it gives me this super natural flush, so if you are struggling with using it for Foundtion try it this way!

The brush no. 2 is small, but if you only powder tzone it is perfect, but I use mostly for contour and blending! Very smooth application and does not put too much product on face.

All the eye brushes are wonderful, soft, and don't irritate my sensitive eyelid!

No 7 and 8 are great at what they do. The push liner brush is great for tightlining with powders which is how I use it. and the lip or smudge brush is great for smudging under the eyes, I have not used it for lip producs, kinda terrified tbh.

Overall I HIGHLY recommend this set to everyone willing to spend the money! It is a great set if you wan tto add luxury to your collection.

Popular Makeup Brushes