It Cosmetics Tightline Full Lash Length Black Mascara Primer

It Cosmetics Tightline Full Lash Length Black Mascara Primer
Tightline Full Lash Length Black Mascara PrimerTightline Full Lash Length Black Mascara PrimerTightline Full Lash Length Black Mascara Primer

3.6

Camellia Sinesis Leaf Water, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Water, Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Tromethamine, Glyceryl Stearate, Hectorite, Phenoxyrthanol, Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Cholesterol, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Panthenol, Simmondsia Chinensis (jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Asarum Siebildi Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Morifolium Flower Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Eclipta Prostrata Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Seed Extract, Morus Alba Root Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojobs) Seed Extract, Thuja Occidentalis Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Vitex Trifola Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Xanthan Gum. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 10/18/2016 2:47:00 PM

I am super-picky when it comes to lash primers, and this one is excellent. I am very impressed!

It Cosmetics Tightline primer prevents my mascara from smudging and gives my lashes a "boost" with added length and volume. Plus its tiny little wand allows me to get to the very bottom of my lashes and really coat them thoroughly. I didn't think I was going to like using this wand at first, but now I love it.

Also, applying the primer (which is tinted black) down at the very roots of the lashes is what creates the "tightline" effect. The results are not nearly the same thing as tightlining with eyeliner, but it does look like you've done something extra. I like it!

My only complaint is that the tube dried out on me quicker than I expected, so four lippies instead of five. But I would still buy this one again. Very good!

on 8/24/2016 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

At first I was not sure about this mascara due to the very fine spoolie. I love this mascara and wand. It gives me natural looking dark eyelashes. No clumps. No smudge. No flakes. It does not irritate my sensitive eyes. Will it fully replace my Benefit "they're real" for my special occasions...no. However this is now my favorite everyday mascara.

on 8/20/2016 5:53:00 PM

This mascara primer does deposit a thick black coating on my lashes and due to the very skinny applicator brush, I can get very close to the roots.

However, it is so heavy that it brings my lashes straight down and any curl I had going is gone! Also, it does not go on evenly and clumps and looks like a mess.

OFF TOPIC: Since then I've had eyelash extensions done with an experienced and qualified lady who operates her business from home. Salons charge over $200 for a full set of eyelash extensions but with this lady who's been doing it for over 8 years, I pay $80 + tip every 2-3 months.

My first eyelash extensions was at a salon and the girl did a very mediocre job, she stuck several false eyelashes on at once and I had 3 or 4 lashes glued together...when they fell out, I had chunks missing. AND I paid $250! It was 3 years later that I decided to try again. Thankfully, if they do it right, you should only end up with one false lash on each of your natural lashes. Since then I've loved it so much that I don't ever need to use mascara or even eye makeup. The extensions just make my eyes pop, they look bigger and so much more sultry.

on 8/1/2016 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this as my everyday mascara because it doesn't flake or irritate my ultra sensitive eyes. I don't use it as a primer or for tightlining, but as my one and only mascara. It makes my lashes look fluttery and soft. It's like a step above a lash tint and looks very natural. Definitely not a dramatic look, but very pretty for laid back summertime makeup. I am on my second tube and I have noticed one strange thing about this...I like it better after a month or so of opening a new tube. It seems like the formula dries a slight bit and is easier to apply. Another bonus; I rarely have issues with it smearing or running. I definitely recommend this product if other mascaras are irritating, I love this entire line for sensitive skin.

on 7/24/2016 1:01:00 PM

Was so excited to buy the sample size of this at Ulta. I live tight lining but haven't found a no-smudge pencil (which is what I have time for right now) and I think mascara a in the tester size tend to be the best because just about the time when the formula changes and gets flaky is when you run out.

I loved the tiny brush because I have long but thin lashes, and I felt I was able to get them totally covered. The tight lining aspect didn't work as I had hoped - it was kind of a floppy/hit or miss mess on the eye for me. I might have overlooked that, but the actual mascara formula itself was so awful. When I first tried it on I though oh this looks great! But it made my eyes watery and it was a flaky mess in about an hour. Flaky in my eye, flaky under my eye, and my lashes seemed flatter than usual. I wasn't even sure it was still on.

I wore my cheapo default Great Lash (which I used to DESPISE) on the other eye and it looked just as nice and held up way better.

All in all, total disappointment.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unlike most people I did not buy this with the intention of tight lining. I actually bought it solely for the purpose of using on my lower lashes as mascara because I find it impossible to use regular mascara on my lower lashes without looking like a raccoon. The extremely tiny wand/brush (how did they get this so small???) is perfect for putting just enough product on the lower lashes to balance the eyes without looking too full. I have downturned hooded eyes and all emphasis should be on the upper lashes anyway. The mascara/primer does not feel too stiff on my lashes, I actually did try wearing it on both upper and lower, and it worked just fine for me although I wouldn't waste the product on the upper lashes unless I felt it worked wonders at increasing volume or length under regular mascara. No, I will continue to reserve this for my lower lash line. If you don't have trouble applying regular mascara to your lower lashes then keep your money, spend it on other items. As for tight lining... I wish I could offer some feedback there but I don't think this would ever replace eyeliner. I am happy with the product - based solely on the size of the brush/wand. It is the reason I purchased it and I got what I was after. I am also very happy that there was no fallout, flaking or smudging experienced which would have had me returning this right away. Would I purchase again? Probably, but only at a discount.

on 12/1/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm on the fence with this mascara. It tightlines my lashes just a bit, but really isn't that useful otherwise. I don't notice much difference when I prime with this mascara and it just adds another step to my long routine. It doesn't smudge or smear and I haven't had any issue with flaking. I am a contacts wearer and it doesn't bother them in the least bit. It does help to fill in those tiny gaps when wearing liquid liner. The small brush is great for getting in the base of your lashes. This is a nice product to have on hand, but not something I would splurge on. It really isn't a go to product, but rather an extra luxury.

on 8/2/2015 8:05:00 AM

I have fine barely there eyelashes, so this product works well for me in getting to the tiny hairs in inner and outer corners of my eyes. Doesn't tight line in the conventional way but adds a slight touch at the lash line. Very thin and skinny wand, you have to be careful not to scratch your cornea while working this close. I use this as more of a "pre mascara" to grab all the lashes I can before using my regular mascara. This is also a great alternative for a very natural, no makeup day, but your lashes are still done.

on 8/2/2015 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm surprised how much I like this mascara. I didn't think I would like the skinny brush but it works great for tight lining and while I do need to be careful, it doesn't get mascara all over my lids or in my eyes. The brush also grabs well and makes it easy to get the corner lashes that most wands miss or clump together. This also works great on my lower lash line where I'm normally unable to line or use mascara without looking like a mess an hour later. This stayed put through a hot and humid summer wedding with no flaking, smudging or eye irritation at all. I bought a small travel/trial version from Ulta and even though I didn't see anything on the box about being waterproof it didn't budge and required makeup remover to take off. The only issue I had with this mascara was that after the initial coat dries the tiny teeth that grab bare lashes so well struggle a bit for a second coat. One coat gives decent length and volume for me but I need to take a little extra care when going for something more dramatic to avoid my lashes sticking together. The skinny brush does help correct and seperate lashes. Although this is advertised as a mascara primer I've never bothered to use another mascara on top of this it works well enough on it's own. I can see how using a good volumizing mascara on top could work well for dratic looks though. I would definitely buy this again I just wish that they had it in a dark brown as well.

*Update* 9/6/15

Damn it...After using this and loving it both on it's own and as a primer/ tight liner a few weeks in the consistency started to change a bit as most mascaras do but then it began flaking worse than any mascara I've ever used. I looked in the rearview mirror one day and it looked like someone blew black dust in my face. Sucks because it's the only thing I've ever been able to use on my lower lash line that didn't give me racoon eyes after an hour. This stuff didn't budge and worked some magic on cheap drug store mascara when worn as a primer. I'm as guilty as anyone of using mascara well past the time it should be tossed but less than a month? Come on.

on 7/28/2015 9:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My overall feeling can be summed up with: Meh.

I don't think this tightlines or creates any extra volume for my lashes. I have the waterproof version of the product, so it does work well for contact-wearers. Unfortunately, I really don't see much happening. It seems to just darken my lashes a bit. I guess that might be nice for someone who prefers a natural look, but there are many more inexpensive options for that.

However, I do love using this for my lower lashes because it doesn't transfer, so I'll stick to using it for that purpose. I'm not loving the price for it, though.