Bourjois Bronzing Primer

No Image

3.9

I've been wanting to get the Soleil de Tan de Chanel for a while now but it's pretty expensive so reading around the internet I saw many posts of people saying this could be a dupe.
I ordered it from feelunique.com (they ship worldwide) and I'm pretty impressed. It's very small compared to the Chanel one but I don't think I will run out of it any time soon.
It looks very scary and very orange at first but once you blend it into your skin, it looks lovely.
What I do is I apply my liquid foundation like I always do and then I apply a little of this product with a RT stippling brush (any duo fiber brush will work because they allow light application) everywhere I usually apply my powder bronzer, that is everywhere the sun would naturally hit my face.
Keep in mind a little goes a long way with this product so keep picking up just a bit and building it up slowly. It looks very natural and sunkissed, I think I'm going to use it a lot during the summer.
The only CON I can think of is the smell....It's not overpowering but I don't like it.
Besides that, a really good product, Bourjois keeps surprinsing me!
(excuse any mistakes, english is not my main language)

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This would be a horrible primer for people with fair skin tone, but for someone that has meduim it is great to use under foundation when your foundation is to light for you

on 9/30/2014 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

One of my friends sent this to me from Europe because we can't buy Bourjois here in the states. I dot this strategically around my face and blend it in to give a subtle tanned look to my super fair skin. I apply foundation OVER this product to mute it a bit because it is pretty warm for my skin and is quite pigmented. This method works great.
It smells reaaally nice as well!

on 12/13/2014 12:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have to admit I hate powder bronzers, I feel like they end up streaky and are no good for contouring. My friend recommended this to me as being a dupe of the Chanel bronzer, although this is cheaper than the Chanel I still feel like it is expensive for a bronzer being 10 for one pot, although you don't use much every time you do use the product. I find it quite hard to blend in on occasion and using the product in a place with good light is best as light can be extremely deceptive and you end up walking out the house with harsh lines on your face. I also found at first that it was like a chocolate mousse texture whereas as time went by it slowly started melting and half of the product ended up in the lid so I do often try and keep it facing upwards as possible. This is definitely a must have product for me as I use it in my everyday makeup routine as I feel like it gives a natural shadow to the face, I have recommended this to many friends which have gone on to buy it and also praise it for it's natural look, this is now a must have in most of our beauty bags.

This product comes out very orange toned on my pale skin. However it's a good base to apply after my foundation and before my bronzer as it does help my bronzer stay in place. However I would only repurchase this during the summer when I have more of a tan.

This product is holy grail for me. I'm from the U.S. And I bought it on vacation in London but when I run out I'll definitely be paying the 20 bucks to repurchase online.

The bronzer has a mousse like consistency and is orangish in color(don't let that throw you off though, it's very natural looking).

I use it over foundation although it looks good under as well. I apply it with a real techniques stippling brush and it works splendidly. Unlike other cream bronzers I've used/heard of, it's not cream to powder. Once it's blended in it looks completely natural and glowing. However, I do have lighter skin so I can't speak for those with darker skintones.

Overall the product lasts a very long time(in the jar and on your face), looks natural and glowing, can be used to contour, and can be used under and over foundation. Highly, highly recommend.

This product has a whipped mousse like consistency, it also smells like chocolate mousse as well. It leaves a slightly orange tint on my NC 30-40 skin. I only use it areas that i wish to bronze now. I don't hate the product but I also do not love it. Average and would not repurchase.

on 10/18/2013 8:01:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'm surprised no one has reviewed this. I really liked this and its so raved about on youtube.

I use this to give a just tanned look. Its a light consistency, totally non-greasy and feels like nothing after application. I use this after foundation, with a Real Techniques stippling brush around the edges of my forehead and cheeks and over the bridge of my nose. Its a matt finish, smells like chocolate (yum) and blends like a dream. There is only one shade available, i'm NC 25-30 and it works really well on me, natural looking.

I would take a small amount onto the cover of the packaging, swirl it with stippling brush until its evenly spread on the brush and apply. Every easy to use.