Rimmel ScandalEyes Lycra Flex Mascara

Rimmel ScandalEyes Lycra Flex Mascara
Scandaleyes Flexi MascaraScandalEyes Lycra Flex MascaraScandalEyes Lycra Flex MascaraScandalEyes Lycra Flex Mascara

3.8

on 4/3/2017 7:06:00 PM

One of the few drugstore mascaras I have repurchased! It isn't the omg fake lashes look but bloody darn close! I only ever do 2 coats so more would give you more drama. I do love how it does what it claims to do, for me it lifts, curls, separates, adds volume and Doesn't FLAKE!!! Love this mascara to bits.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hugely disappointed. Bought this based on reviews and the pics from Cosmopolitan's review on 100 different mascaras (which shows really nice curled, long, separated lashes). Product is thick and goopey. There are clumps of mascara evident on the brush when you pull it out and you can't wipe them all off without wiping all the mascara off the brush. The clumps end up on my eyelashes of course. This mascara makes my lashes clump together, does not separate, does not curl, and does not add volume or length unless I put about 3 coats on. That's 3 coats of clumps and a ridiculous amount of time spent trying to separate my lashes after each coat. It does stay put all day, though, without flaking or smudging. Also, it comes right off with soap and water. Will not buy this again, ever.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The brush is too big to maneuver, and it doesn't carry enough product to get the length and girth I desire. Nope.

on 12/8/2016 5:59:00 PM

I have this in the green tube...this mascara makes my lashes look INSANE. I seriously have to watch or I will have lashes touching my eyebrow, its that good. Doesn't flake, doesn't run, and does what no other mascara has done for me. I'm 47, and have been using Maybelline great lash in the pink and green tube for over 30 years, its good too. I have also tried MAC, Loreal, Lancome, and countless others in between my favorite Maybelline great lash. This mascara by Rimmel, is way better than all those..bye bye Maybelline.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I am quite mature and use far less makeup than ever before. I kept trying to find a better shade of shadow or liner to complement my aged eyes, until I realized that relinquishing them from my face would help my look tremendously. But, I will never give up my mascara. They'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands someday.

I ran out of my Le Volume de Chanel a few weeks ago, and I couldn't get another. As a Target shopper I use Cartwheel all the time. They had an offer of 20% off Rimmel cosmetics, and I remembered that years ago I was very fond of one of their mascaras. So off I went to look for a new alternative to my beloved Chanel.

Rimmel makes about 90000 mascaras. It's staggering. Volume. Length. Extreme. Volume and length. Fat. Extremely voluminous, lengthy, fattest, super black. After much angst because after all, I had to get the most bang out of four bucks, I decided on this one.

I applied it next day and it was so impressive! I piled on three coats and experienced length, volume, and definition. No flaking or smudging, either. The acid test for me with mascara is take off. I don't have time for tugging, and at my age I have to be very gracious to my under eye area. No problem with removal. One Neutrogena wipe takes care of both eyes, three coats each.

I still bought the Chanel, by the way. Let's face it. When it comes to mascara we are true blue to our HG products, and I am no exception. But, if for some reason you are looking for a DS brand that performs exceptionally well, check out this one. It's around $4.00 at Target. Probably even less at Walmart.

The mascara I'm reviewing comes in the bright green tube, not sure if packaging changed? Anyway, it's not the worst mascara but it's not my HG, Maybelline's Full'n'Soft. I'm so picky about mascara and have been using F'n'S for over 10 years so thought I might try something new again. The wand is HUGE, formula gives me decent volume and length but it does smudge by the end of the day. Just eh.

Edit: I gave it one more chance and now I really, really like this mascara! I think I didn't take my proper time before with it. Definitely one of my favorite mascaras now, will repurchase. Fluttery, gorgeous lashes galore!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I really like this mascara, and in general, I really like Rimmel mascaras. This one is about a 4.5, my favorite Rimmel is Scandaleyes Retro Glam, but this one is also really good. The brush is huge and you get such a volumizing look. You just have to take time with the big brush and pull it through your lashes. Not clumpy. I find the formula a little more on the dryer side which typically works better for me than very wet, gloppy formulas. Good wear time. Doesn't bother my eyes. My tube is neon green like in the 2nd picture here. I have the Extreme Black color.

on 9/6/2016 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Just bought this mascara and it's the best I've ever used. The brush is large but if you take your time and use a magnifying mirror to apply, you shouldn't have a problem. I think some bad reviews of any makeup are because it was applied in a rush and of course you smear it! Haven't we all seen women applying liner or mascara in a car? What surprised me is that the brush is not plastic but still has an opening tight enough to scrape off the excess. I haven't had to blot the brush with a paper towel like I did with the original L'oreal Voluminous.

The final result of any mascara is going to depend on your own lashes. Mine are invisible without mascara but they are long and naturally curl up. I do like Maybelline's Soft and Full non waterproof and this reminds me of it but does give a more dramatic result. What I like the best is my lashes look dark,full and curled without looking crunchy

on 8/3/2016 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was really excited for this product. I had heard great things, and I was a huge fan of Maybelline's Full n' Soft mascara, so i decided to try this out.

I've got very straight, Asian eyelashes. They've always held a curl really well, with any mascara I've used over the years and on their own without any product. However, the second I put on this mascara, the curl was gone. My eyelashes stayed soft, but it was like I never took an eyelash curler to them. This would be a good product if you have naturally curled lashes.

This is an OK mascara. The brush is waaaaay too big!! I have large round eyes and its still too hard to use. This has a decent formula, that is very black, but had the tendency to stick lashes together. This also has a tendency t get everywhere because of how big the brush is. I usually scrape about 90% of the product of the brush before i apply it, which wastes a lot of time.

Popular Mascaras