Rimmel ScandalEyes Lycra Flex Mascara

Rimmel ScandalEyes Lycra Flex Mascara
image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.8

This is an OK mascara. The brush is waaaaay too big!! I have large round eyes and its still too hard to use. This has a decent formula, that is very black, but had the tendency to stick lashes together. This also has a tendency t get everywhere because of how big the brush is. I usually scrape about 90% of the product of the brush before i apply it, which wastes a lot of time.

on 6/1/2016 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara lasts all day without flaking and keeps my lashes looking long and full of volume. I love the big brush it comes with because it provides massive coverage. The black and extreme black colors are both very dark and flattering.

The only thing preventing it from getting a 5 instead of a 4 is that it takes a long time to dry. Let's just say if you put it on and happen to sneeze a minute later, it's going all over your face.

To Read all 138 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/18/2016 10:15:00 AM

I bought this after hearing another MUA member rave about it on the Makeup Board. Rimmel Lycra Flex is a black mascara which lengthened and separated my lashes while providing dramatic volume and making my small almond eyes look a lot larger and wider than they usually do. The brush is absolutely huge, the biggest I have used, though it is easy to use thanks to the user-friendly formula of the mascara. I was use to the size of the brush after a couple of swipes. This mascara dried quickly and lasted all day on my lashes. I even received compliments when wearing this mascara. This is a great mascara which can be worn for both daily and dramatic looks. The formula was good to work with. I really liked the way it made my eyes look. It was also easily removed with my Garnier Micellar Water. It is reasonably priced and easily available in Priceline or Target (Australia). In Australia it comes in a bright green tube instead of black so you will never lose it in your makeup bag. However, this mascara always seems to smudge on me, even on the driest and coldest Winter days. This is very disappointing as this is the only reason I dislike the mascara. However, for me it is reason enough not to repurchase.

on 4/21/2016 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Rewriting this review. I tried it for longer to get a better idea of it.

Pros:
- Volume
- No smudges on me (oily skin), including the lower lash line. Huge plus.
- Some length
- Black is very black

Cons:
- Weighs down lashes (need to curl after it dries..)
- Drying takes a while (at least 5-10 min)
- Not the easiest application, brush is MASSIVE...
- Too much layering will clump lashes

After practicing with this more, it has grown on me.
Curling your lashes once it's dried is ok, seems to keep a curl for most of the day.

I'm using lash sensational too, which is quite similar in formula it feels like, but way less dramatic. It also takes less time to dry, but I find it doesn't curl as well. So far, this one is winning...

on 1/1/2016 9:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Although I was very happy with my Sensai mascara, I decided to try this one as it was on sale. It's a pretty cheap mascara even when it's not on sale, mind you, but the sale made it especially atttractive.The brush is ridiculously large (I almost thought it was a joke) and that takes some getting used to, but the mascara itself is good. It's very pigmented, easy to apply and it makes my lashes reasonably pretty, thick, well defined and longer. It is quite buildable but on me, it clumps. What I love so much about this mascara is that it doesn't flake. However, it does smudge a bit.

on 12/28/2015 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I liked the packaging on this and the big brush. The formula is a bit wet so give it a minute before you go over your lashes again to build more volume and length. I am sensitive to some mascara and get very itchy eyes, this was not an issue with this one. I get decent length and volume with this and would repurchase if I didn't get terrible raccoon eyes from it. Both my lower and upper lids were a mess by the end of the day. If you don't normally have issues with this than give this mascara a try. Would not repurchase.

on 12/15/2015 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara is honestly the est mascara I have EVER tried at the drugstore! My go to mascaras have always been loreal and out of a whim I decide to get this mascara and don't regret it at all! The formula is wet which I don't mind and the brush is very bulky but it gives you the best results! My eyelashes look so long and full and very close to falsies! It lasts all day, holds a curl very nicely, doesn't flake and is very black! I would recommend this mascara to anyone with medium to long lashes :) this mascara has since replaced my go to duo loreal voluminous and telescopic!

on 12/12/2015 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely adore this mascara! I have long eyelashes but they have no curl to them and often just droop down. The first time I used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara I wasn't a fan due to the exceptionally large brush which was difficult to manoeuvre and mascara ended up everywhere. However, in my second attempt I took more time and effort and the results were amazing. My eyelashes were nearly up to my eyebrows! I received so many compliments and people asked if I had extensions or wore false eyelashes, but really it was just this mascara.

Pro's ***

- My favourite thing about this mascara is the so called 'Lycra flex' element. The mascara doesn't dry too quickly and has a very wet, almost sticky consistency. It is by no means a dry mascara. This provides you with more time to apply many coats to provide you with desired length and volume, before turning clumpy or giving the effect of the dreaded spider lashes.

- The large fan brush is amazing, but I have a love-hate relationship with it. The pro of having such a large mascara brush is that you can apply more a lot more product and really work your way around your lashes to ensure all are the same length.

Cons ***

- As mentioned before, the brush is difficult to work with sometimes and can really get in the way of your application as mascara can end up on your eyelids if you're not careful.

This is just an okay mascara. I have relatively short lashes, but with the right mascara they can look long and nicely separated. This product is good at lengthening but can get clumpy easily. The formula is okay, it isn't too wet or dry. The brush it what ruined it for me. I have slightly deep set eyes and the brush is so big and shaped weirdly that it is literally impossible for me to not get mascara on my eyelids when I apply this, no matter how hard I try.

on 11/19/2015 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

A hidden treasure in the drugstore. Holds a curl, lasts 8 hours, does not flake. It makes my lashes touch my eyebrows! The formula make your lashes fluttery and it's buildable whether you want a natural flutter look or a voluminous look.