3.7

price range

Reviews

3.0

a year ago

this mascara claims to make lashes look full and volumineous while keeping them flexible and yes it actually delivers that,my lashes weren't stiff and brittle even a bit after wearing two coats of it It has a very wet formula and a HUGE brush.I'm ok with that as I bought it because of it's big brush in the first place.the SA that sold this to me said that it's a great mascara for daily use and I agree with that.it difines my lashes very well,no clumps even after multiple coats,no fall outs and flakes in the end of the day but it can smear if you don't be careful.eventhough it doesn't clump I suggest to not wear multiple coats of it.using several coats doesn't enhance it's volumulizing effect even a bit,it just ruins that beautifully defined,separated,fanned out look that it gives to lashes by sticking some of them to each other..so I couldn't find a way to achieve the drama and volume that I like.it just gives a slight lengthening and blackness and definition which could be satisfying for daily use if it could hold a curl but unfortunately it can't.immediately after applying it,my curl comes down a bit and at the end of the day my lashes are completely straight and I hate that.using eyelash curler after applying mascara worsen this so make sure to curl your lashes and then use one or two fast coats of the mascara Holding up a curl and giving lots of volume and length are the most important factors for me but it receives some good points for : Being cheap(4.5$) No Clumps No flakes Keeping lashes soft and flexible and not harming them Being very easy to remove even with one damp wipe Giving a very natural,defined look to lashes For me It's a 6.5/10

About reviewer (202 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

Ok seriously I keep coming back to this mascara. The only thing I don't like about it is its huge wand, but you get used to it. It gives me length and volume and doesn't flake or smear. It's just all-around good. Sadly I think they discontinued it. Can't find it anywhere.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

One of the few drugstore mascaras I have repurchased! It isn't the omg fake lashes look but bloody darn close! I only ever do 2 coats so more would give you more drama. I do love how it does what it claims to do, for me it lifts, curls, separates, adds volume and Doesn't FLAKE!!! Love this mascara to bits.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

2.0

3 years ago

Hugely disappointed. Bought this based on reviews and the pics from Cosmopolitan's review on 100 different mascaras (which shows really nice curled, long, separated lashes). Product is thick and goopey. There are clumps of mascara evident on the brush when you pull it out and you can't wipe them all off without wiping all the mascara off the brush. The clumps end up on my eyelashes of course. This mascara makes my lashes clump together, does not separate, does not curl, and does not add volume or length unless I put about 3 coats on. That's 3 coats of clumps and a ridiculous amount of time spent trying to separate my lashes after each coat. It does stay put all day, though, without flaking or smudging. Also, it comes right off with soap and water. Will not buy this again, ever.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

1.0

3 years ago

The brush is too big to maneuver, and it doesn't carry enough product to get the length and girth I desire. Nope.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I am quite mature and use far less makeup than ever before. I kept trying to find a better shade of shadow or liner to complement my aged eyes, until I realized that relinquishing them from my face would help my look tremendously. But, I will never give up my mascara. They'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands someday. I ran out of my Le Volume de Chanel a few weeks ago, and I couldn't get another. As a Target shopper I use Cartwheel all the time. They had an offer of 20% off Rimmel cosmetics, and I remembered that years ago I was very fond of one of their mascaras. So off I went to look for a new alternative to my beloved Chanel. Rimmel makes about 90000 mascaras. It's staggering. Volume. Length. Extreme. Volume and length. Fat. Extremely voluminous, lengthy, fattest, super black. After much angst because after all, I had to get the most bang out of four bucks, I decided on this one. I applied it next day and it was so impressive! I piled on three coats and experienced length, volume, and definition. No flaking or smudging, either. The acid test for me with mascara is take off. I don't have time for tugging, and at my age I have to be very gracious to my under eye area. No problem with removal. One Neutrogena wipe takes care of both eyes, three coats each. I still bought the Chanel, by the way. Let's face it. When it comes to mascara we are true blue to our HG products, and I am no exception. But, if for some reason you are looking for a DS brand that performs exceptionally well, check out this one. It's around $4.00 at Target. Probably even less at Walmart.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

3 years ago

The mascara I'm reviewing comes in the bright green tube, not sure if packaging changed? Anyway, it's not the worst mascara but it's not my HG, Maybelline's Full'n'Soft. I'm so picky about mascara and have been using F'n'S for over 10 years so thought I might try something new again. The wand is HUGE, formula gives me decent volume and length but it does smudge by the end of the day. Just eh. Edit: I gave it one more chance and now I really, really like this mascara! I think I didn't take my proper time before with it. Definitely one of my favorite mascaras now, will repurchase. Fluttery, gorgeous lashes galore!

About reviewer (191 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I really like this mascara, and in general, I really like Rimmel mascaras. This one is about a 4.5, my favorite Rimmel is Scandaleyes Retro Glam, but this one is also really good. The brush is huge and you get such a volumizing look. You just have to take time with the big brush and pull it through your lashes. Not clumpy. I find the formula a little more on the dryer side which typically works better for me than very wet, gloppy formulas. Good wear time. Doesn't bother my eyes. My tube is neon green like in the 2nd picture here. I have the Extreme Black color.

About reviewer (1125 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

4 years ago

I was really excited for this product. I had heard great things, and I was a huge fan of Maybelline's Full n' Soft mascara, so i decided to try this out. I've got very straight, Asian eyelashes. They've always held a curl really well, with any mascara I've used over the years and on their own without any product. However, the second I put on this mascara, the curl was gone. My eyelashes stayed soft, but it was like I never took an eyelash curler to them. This would be a good product if you have naturally curled lashes.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

3.0

4 years ago

This is an OK mascara. The brush is waaaaay too big!! I have large round eyes and its still too hard to use. This has a decent formula, that is very black, but had the tendency to stick lashes together. This also has a tendency t get everywhere because of how big the brush is. I usually scrape about 90% of the product of the brush before i apply it, which wastes a lot of time.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair