Burt's Bees More Moisture with Baobab

Burt's Bees More Moisture with Baobab

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/20/2015 1:34:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I have long, fine, wavy hair, and I've been on a 3-year hunt to find something that can dance on the border between too greasy and too frizzy. My former favorite was discontinued, but Burt's works for me. I shampoo every-other-day with the matching shampoo, and conditioner daily. My hair doesn't get too greasy on the non-shampoo days and doesn't get too frizzy on the shampoo days. I still have a slight amount of halo frizz, but nowhere near what I previously had - even with John Frieda No Frizz. Comb out is better than average. I have some tangles, but they tend to work out without too much work.

The conditioner is fairly thick, and slightly sweet smelling. I think it smells a bit like kettle corn when you first put it on, but the scent fades quickly. The bottle has a flat top, so you can leave turned upside down to get it all out of the bottle. The bottle is opaque, so you can't see how much is left. That doesn't bother me, but I know some people prefer to see.

Am I gushing about it? No. Am I happy with it? Yes. Will I buy it again? Definitely.

on 1/11/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I love this! Maybe it's my hair type but I really found this to be moisturizing and helped with frizz immensely. A friend of mine gave me the shampoo and conditioner becuase she didn't like it and found it weighed down her curl. That meant a perfect match for me. I have wavy, dry, frizzy hair and I'm always looking for a great shampoo and conditioner to moisturize and tame my frizz. This worked perfectly, and left my hair hydrated and with less frizz. I air dry and this kept my wavy hair from getting too big and poufy. I also love the smell immensely. I love the ingredients, natural with no silicones. I plan to purchase this when I run out.

To Read all 5 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Had both the shampoo and conditioner from this, both which did not work for me at all. Made my hair greasy and heavy. I liked the smell, though. Maybe would work for someone with another hair type!

on 11/12/2013 9:32:00 PM

I actually thought this conditioner was great! My straight hair, although not coloured anymore, tends to be quite porous. Anytime I use anything thick it gets sucked up into my hair and it becomes huge. I use this with desert essence coconut shampoo - which is very conditioning so maybe that helps. My hair is past my bra, and I only use about a quarter size, and only on the mid and ends. I don't use it at all around my scalp. This makes my hair very straight and silky - like if I used a straightener - kinda weird but good! My only complaint is that it is not super moisturizing, but it does make my hair shiny.

I would buy again!
I also have all sorts of allergies and this did not make me react! yay!

on 10/17/2013 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this did nothing positive for my hair. I really wanted to like it! The shampoo and conditioner left my thick, straight, fairly healthy hair both weighed-down and frizzy. It looked dull and felt rough. The ends puffed out and my roots had no volume, creating the dreaded triangle effect. Not impressed! The conditioner did not detangle or moisturize effectively. I bought it in a pinch while travelling and hoped for the best with such good ingredients. Sadly, the combo was so bad, I will not use it again.