Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

Real Techniques  Miracle Complexion Sponge

4.2

on 8/6/2018 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I regret buying this sponge, even though it was inexpensive. It was not worth my $4. It soaks up my foundation and wastes more money. It's not firm enough and I found it to be almost 'scratchy'. The texture reminds me of mattress foam. I am very disappointed considering that this is supposed to be some great BB dupe. I use it damp like I have every other sponge and this is just not up to par. I'm not going to bother to try and make it work, it's going in the trash.

on 7/31/2018 12:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

For years I've been a loyal BB user, but I was in the UK recently and found the real techniques sponge for a fraction of the price, and I won't be going back to the BB. The RT sponge is firmer which I actually really liked but didn't really notice until I went back to my BB. When I went back to my BB, it felt like it was just too flimsy and like I had to press it harder into my face. I have tried cheaper sponges before, but they never blended as well as well.

Will definitely repurchase.

never used a sponge before, my favorite way to use this is damp, the flat side for foundation, the round side for cream blusher, the point for concealer, the opposite of the round side to set my whole face when I am done, crease less in wrinkles..love it. Impressed

on 7/2/2018 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hm. I feel like I’m in the minority when I say that this sponge did not work as well as the original beauty blender for me. I felt like this sponge got too soft and squishy when wet, as opposed to the beauty blender that is a little more firm when wet. I noticed that the real techniques sponge didn’t do as good a job for more mattifying, full coverage foundations like my Estée Lauder double wear as did the beauty blender. However, it did a fine job on tinted moisturizers like Nars/more hydrating foundations like bourjois healthy mix serum. However for lighter/creamier foundations I really prefer to use a brush anyways so didn’t feel that there was a point to keep purchasing this sponge. I will stick to my beauty blender on days where I use my double wear.

on 6/30/2018 11:38:00 PM

I don't know if this would be considered sacrilege in the beauty world, but this was no different to using a wedge sponge. Am I missing something? I mean, it's not a bad product, it's a perfectly functional make-up sponge, I just don't get how the shape makes it any better than another sponge - the sides of my wedge sponges are flat shaped and folded over they'll get into small spaces like sides of nose. I keep thinking there's got to be something I don't know about this product, and all beauty blender shaped sponges in general - but I'm just not seeing it. Went back to buying wedge sponges in bulk after this reached the end of its useful life.

on 6/22/2018 11:27:00 AM

I've been trying to find dopes of the original beauty blender (because the original is too ex) but they always end up failing, until i tried the real techniques miracle complexion sponge and... I WAS SOLD. This sponge to me, is honestly way better than the original beauty blender as it is less coarse and gives a more dewy even look.

on 5/4/2018 7:53:00 AM

This a sponge I buy in bulk off of Amazon because of how much I enjoy using it and I know I will continue to enjoy using it. I honestly have never tried a beauty blender because I couldn’t justify the price tag for it. I had tried other brands, but I was never wow’d enough to ever repurchase them. I didn’t get the hype behind blending sponges until I used this one to apply and it was legit!

One day it would be cool to try out a beauty blender to see how it compares, but until then why fix what isn’t broke?!

even though I love the real techniques brushes, I hate this sponge with a burning passion. It didn't allow me to blend my concealer at all and only smudged it around my face. Had to throw it away immediately.

The reason for my 5 lippie rating isn't so much for the quality of the sponge (mine is the not the porous duds that are in the pics for this sponge here on MUA), which is good imo but on how I use it.
I use this dampened to apply my blush and bronzer because I have some minor skin texture issues and using brushes to apply my blush and bronzer just kicks up all my flaky skin and emphasizes texture on my skin I never knew I had.
I had been trying to use the PF Butter Bronzer which never showed up on my very fair skin for some reason but when I did apply it with a brush, I found my skin looked splotchy with an emphasis on texture and dryness so out of desperation I used my RT sponge to apply my bronzer and blush.
No issues with skin texture now since using this to apply blush and bronzer and the PF bronzer finally shows up on my skin!
I've had no issues using this to apply my foundation either. I love the super squishiness of this sponge. The only con I would say is that I find it a little too large to use on the under eye area without risking removing eyeshadow.

on 4/14/2018 7:09:00 AM

Bought like a million of these! They perform the same as the Beauty Blender in my opinion.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools