Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

4.1

on 4/18/2019 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

i might have found my favourite beauty sponge. i love that its firm but not overly, very soft on the face and blends foundation and concealer amazingly well. takes away some product but not alot where it takes away a lot of the coverage, just enough that it isnt cakey and looks flawless. it really helps to give you a flawless but natural look. i love the colour although its a little bright lol. very easy to clean. i personally love the shape of it, it makes it very versatile. i like using the flat side for foundation, concealer and powder, the point is great for getting into hard to get spots. i got two of these for $9.99 so its really affordable. its fast and so easy to use, perfect if you have products that dry pretty quickly or goes on a little too thick. i use this with my l'oreal 24h fresh wear foundation and l'oreal full wear concealer. works really well if you have spots where foundation just rubs off with a brush, which my nose does because you dont rub it into the skin with a sponge, you bounce it.

on 3/26/2019 9:36:00 AM

I liked this product but I wouldn’t exactly call it a dupe for a BB. To me the BB is superior at making foundation look its best and pores look virtually invisible. As far as the RT goes, I think it does a great job of blending, making foundation look better than when using fingers or a traditional brush. I also really like the flat side for applying blush and the price is reasonable. I just feel like it lacks the wow factor that I get from using the BB so to me it’s totally worth spending the extra ten dollars on a superior product.

on 3/23/2019 10:20:00 AM

Not impressed. It is very heavy and rough. It absorbs a lot of product and hard to clean. Makes my foundation look horrible. Not bouncy at all. If you want a sponge comparable to a beauty blender, try the new wet n wild makeup sponge. It is AMAZING. Bouncy and soft. And only $3.99. That's what I'm using now. Real techniques just was not for me.

on 1/25/2019 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

The sponge is really great for blending, but i feel it doesn't create airbrushed finish on my skin, may be its problem with my skin as i have really oily skin, it creates smile line just after an hour, and it blends my foundation with the texture of the sponge. My skin looks like a sponge! eww. Brush gives me more airbrushed finish and doesn't create smile lines before 4 to 5 hours. so not gonna waste money on any kinds of sponges ever.

on 1/16/2019 2:22:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got the mini 4-pack version for concealer and cream blush, since I rarely wear foundation and didn't feel the need to buy the full size. If I could give these a 3.5 rating, I would. It's not an essential for me personally but I do like the concept of tiny blenders. I gave it a half star more for those people that , if they needed a small blender, I think this would be quite decent. To be honest, as a lazy person, I just got tired of the idea of washing these every 1-2 days (I have acne prone skin so I really have to watch it).

This is my first time using any type of blender sponge so I have no basis to compare this to other brands. To me, these feel very soft and bouncy. I like the mini size and the angled tip for getting inside the corners of my undereyes. I also like having 4 small ones for different products vs one big sponge to reuse / clean.

The only difficulty I have is cleaning. I tried washing them with my facial cleanser (Johnson's Head to Toe Baby) and my hands, and when that didn't work, some micellar water, but the concealer and cream blush wouldn't come out. Sudsing them up with water and face wash, then squeezing/ pressing them into an absorbant microfiber cloth and then rinsing finally worked (kind of, I ripped one of them in the process). I'm a little concerned about the time these tiny things take to dry since that can create a home for mold and bacteria. Drying time was 1-2 days (squeezing them dry in a microfiber cloth cuts this time down). I'll try the windowsill trick someone suggested here.

The mini 4 pack was $8 at my local Target, but under $5 at target.com.

I’ve used the original Beauty Blender and opted for his cheaper dupe recently. I think the Beauty Blander is slightly better BUT not so much better that it justifies such a different price. I’m stick to the real techniques sponge which I really enjoy. The sponge is definitely a bit firmer but I think it absorbs less product than the BB.

on 11/30/2018 7:48:00 PM

I really love this sponge. It works great with my foundation and blends it very effortlessly into my skin.

on 10/20/2018 2:15:00 PM

I mostly use sponge blenders for blending under eye concealer or highlight, occasionally with cushion foundation, the shape of this is horrible for these. There is no way to grip it and it doesn’t have the nice round bottom that regular beauty blenders do. It is also a very rough, hard texture. Get the eco tools sponge instead if you need a cheaper sponge, although that one is sadly becoming hard to find.

It did come in a two pack, and I gave the extra to my cat as a toy. He enjoys bouncing it around, so that is a positive.

on 10/12/2018 2:14:00 AM

I've heard wayyyyyy too much hype about this product that I had to try it out after 3 years of contemplation!
Yes, I've bought the HG beautyblender first so no doubt I'll be comparing them both together.

Unfortunately, I've been let down just a tad bit!

The rumours are true, the RT sponge is slightly harder even when dampened with water. When applying concealer I found that I had to bounce it harder for the product to be spread out, compared to the beautyblender (i use the original & the black one), the BB blended the product out a lot more smoother with a few dabs, little effort.

This sponge, even though I feel that its surface area is slightly larger when damped, I find it hard to control because of its texture. Hence, I do get the feeling where the product seems to sit on my undereye or my face instead of "blending" out. At times I have to tug my skin a bit for it to spread a little more evenly.

However, it doesn't seem to absorb much of the product (concealer / foundation) which I do appreciate. Another pro of the RT sponge is the flat side, which I found it really good for me to blend out my cream based contour. Surprisingly I find the flat side easier to control than the pointed side.

Bottom line, if you're just starting out makeup and just want something really good to invest, just stick to the BB. Slightly pricey, but it would last really long if you know how to take good care of it (i've been using it for 4 yrs straight w/o replacing) and you have a lot more control in blending products out, esp if you're new to the makeup game and your makeup might look too harsh at times. I personally recommend the black one, since the original one runs colour when washed.

I wouldn't repurchase the RT sponge again simply because I prefer the BB one better, and I'm willing to pay slightly more, but that doesn't mean its completely unusable. I feel like there are a few tricks in order to work around it. I'd still use this sponge on days where my BB is being washed.

Hope this somehow helps!

on 8/23/2018 6:00:00 PM

A great alternative to the Beauty Blender (which you’ll never convince me isn’t an absurd price for something you’re supposed to repurchase every 3 months). I use the flat side for foundation and the pointed side for applying concealer around my eyes, and it works just fine. The only downside to using this damp is it can potentially sheer out foundation too much, especially ones with a watery consistency, and using it dry may soak up too much product at times. Otherwise, good stuff!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools