Sephora 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Sephora  10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation

3.8

Water, Dimethicone, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Isohexadecane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Alcohol, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Polybutene, Acrylates Copolymer, Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ozokerite, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Peg-10, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Sodium Potassium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bht, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Silica, Sodium Hyaluronate.

on 10/13/2017 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Not bad, but I know better than this. Sometimes, I think my skin looks more oily when I put it on, but it covers after the compact powder. It's really fluid and have a good texture, so it's easy to apply on. Still, not mt favourite foundation. The covering could be better and that's the thing that bothers me the most. I have acne-prone and enlarged pores and it doesn't cover as much as I wish...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This foundation has a great range of colours and I found something that matches me perfectly. The packaging it also amazing - a frosted glass bottle with a pump and lid. I really dislike the formula of the foundation though. It is a thick pudding like texture, and feels extremely dewy and looks obviously made up/cakey, even though the coverage isn't that high. I have to set this with powder, and even then it wipes off easily. There is no comparison between other long wear foundations such as Estee Lauder double wear or MAC prolong wear.

on 2/22/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a solid, well-priced foundation option. I purchased it while on a hunt for a less-dewy alternative to my beloved MAC Studio Sculpt (dewiness tends to emphasize raised blemishes, so I wanted a more matte foundation for the breakout-y days when I need to make my skin look flatter). I'm glad that I went for this over the higher priced options available at Sephora.

This successfully creates a matte face without making you look like a china doll. It is breathable and doesn't feel like it is sucking the moisture out of your skin, like some matte foundations. It's definitely not full coverage, and I haven't had much luck with building it up to cover blemishes. You will want a good concealer to go along with this, if you have anything significant to cover up. it didn't cause me any breakout issues.

Two caveats. One, the golden-toned colors in their range are REALLY yellow. Still wearable on me, but not as great a match as I'd hope for. And second, this absolutely will not last you 10 hours. I usually get 5-6 out of it, which is my main reason for not repurchasing once I've finished the bottle. When I wear this to work, I'll often look in the mirror after my lunch break and be like "Nope..." It just sort of disappears, the coverage wanes, etc. It also does not keep me matte all day. I set it with Makeup Forever HD Powder too, so it's not like I'm not giving it help. It also doesn't have SPF, and while the glass bottle looks very pretty and high end, it's not practical for those of us who store this on top of a bureau or travel with it. It's come unscrewed a bunch of times on me, and let me tell you, it is not fun to have to clean foundation off of all of your other products.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

It was between this and the makeup forever foundation, but I decided on this one because it was cheaper. Luckily it came out really nicely, the only thing is it doesn't really stay well even with a primer. It may be because my skin is pretty oily and I need a better primer..it was only twenty bucks and has a lot of product, so it is a good deal.

on 12/11/2014 11:07:00 AM

Have tried foundation from Tarte, Kat Von D, revlon, true match etc and this one BEATS THEM ALL!!!! Not only is the color perfect,it feels nice. Not heavy or sticky or wet. **No sparkles or shimmer of any kind, not even out doors! The color is 100% spot on and I freaking love it! Well purchase another bottle and keep it sealed incase it's ever discontinued/formula changed. It really truly looks like skin but better,doesn't look heavy or cakey. I will continue to purchase because I'm 36 and have never ever (till now) liked a foundation 100 %! !
EDIT for some reason my skin has been really dehydrated no matter what I do. don't like it so much any more because it makes me look even more dry and cakey! :(

hands down my holy grail foundation...doesn't break me out, feels weightless even though it's buildable to a nice medium coverage, and doesn't have a harsh smell like some makeup has...this will always be my favorite foundation; it'll be a sad day if I ever have to part with it :(

on 3/19/2014 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

HG foundation for me. Goodbye Revlon Color Stay....bye Kat Von D Lock It. I have found a very happy medium between those two and a shade that truly matches my skin! (like a poster below, I find shade 25 perfect for my NC 30 skin, too). I am perplexed by the comments about it being too light in coverage. I am in Europe and numerous comments on this end complain it's a "mask" and "too full." I find it more on the medium, leaning to full scale. What I disliked about KVD Lock It, was it was a tad too dry and maybe toooo full for my needs. Since Revlon Color Stay changed its formula a year or 2 ago, it breaks me out and doesn't wear like it used to. Sephora 10Hr Pefect Wear is amazing for me. It has a pump, blends like a dream, melts into my skin, dries nicely and can be layered in spots you want some extra coverage. There is a nice selection of colors and tones and I will repurchase (again, on second bottle now).
Edited to add: I feel this foundation applies best if you use your fingers. I think the formula gets 'absorbed' a lot in face brushes. I noticed the coverage is far superior when applied with my hands rather than when I use either my Real Techniques face brush or Sephora mineral foundation brush. Perhaps this is also why some people think the coverage is very light.

on 11/20/2013 11:45:00 PM

Update. Yes. I found out that this foundation has been breaking me out!!!

on 10/24/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for almost a month now, so I think that's enough time to get a decent impression of it. I have the shade 23 Light Natural Beige, which is a pretty accurate shade match for me (NC25 in MAC and 2W1 Dawn in ELDW for reference). The best thing about this foundation is it didn't break me out. Yay! It's difficult for me to find a foundation that doesn't have at least a few zits rearing up, so this had me very excited. You get 1 oz. for $20, which is a fairly decent price for a "higher end" foundation. It comes in a frosted glass bottle with an easy to control pump. One pump covers my entire face, and another half pump is enough to cover my hyperpigmentation. The coverage is medium but buildable to full if you have any problem areas. I like to use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to buff it on for a nice, natural look. It has a semi-matte, bordering on satin finish, but I use my ELF HD finishing powder to get a full matte look and to keep my oil in check. The setting time is the only real issue I have. It takes FOREVER for this foundation to set, at least on my skin. Of course, that leaves ample time to blend and buff, but then I have to wait to put my glasses on, lest I rub off the foundation I put on the sides of my nose. It also transfers easily, even after being set with powder. And for anyone with dry skin, it's probably best to moisturize well before using, because this foundation loves to accentuate dry spots. Overall, I'll probably repurchase and give this foundation a solid A.