Sephora 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Sephora  10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Isohexadecane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Alcohol, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Polybutene, Acrylates Copolymer, Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ozokerite, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Peg-10, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Sodium Potassium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bht, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Silica, Sodium Hyaluronate.

on 10/31/2017 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been wearing this foundation Mon - Fri. I wear a pea sized amount of an untinted BB cream before I put this on. This may be why I've had no break outs from this foundation.

My makeup artist friend couldn't even tell that I was wearing this. It's definitely not cakey and it does look like real skin... almost too much. I find this foundation is really only helpful for evening out my skin tone. It doesn't cover up blemishes or scars whatsoever.

I find that this sinks into fine lines and scars and makes them more pronounced if you don't apply very sparingly. I use it under my eyes as well. I do tend to build it up around my eyes but it's not ideal for covering dark circles.

Overall I do think this is a good purchase for the price point and I'll repurchase if I can't find something better.

on 10/13/2017 3:08:00 PM

Not bad, but I know better than this. Sometimes, I think my skin looks more oily when I put it on, but it covers after the compact powder. It's really fluid and have a good texture, so it's easy to apply on. Still, not mt favourite foundation. The covering could be better and that's the thing that bothers me the most. I have acne-prone and enlarged pores and it doesn't cover as much as I wish...

on 5/24/2017 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am so happy with this! After looking high and low and trying many different foundations, I have finally found one that is perfect. For reference I am nw10-ish (pale, with pink undertones), with dry skin. I have some hyperpigmentaiton and general uneven skin tone to cover, so I seek at least medium coverage. MUFE Liquid Lift in #11 is perfect shade match, but I found the coverage patchy and somewhat greasy. Years ago Px Virtual Skin in Real Camellia was a perfect match, but my skin has changed over the past 15 years and this no longer does the job. Lancome Dual Finish Powder in Porcelain I is a good match, but I wanted a liquid foundation. I was looking to try MUFE Ultra HD in the palest shade, but Sephora was out, so I decided to give this a whirl in 05 Light Porcelain. And all I can say is wow! Perfect shade match. I was worried that the oil free formula would be bad on my dry skin, but no issues. The consistency is rich and creamy, but not greasy. A very small amount gives me very good coverage. I have the best luck dotting it on and then just blending with my fingers and then a sponge for detail. It applies easily over my sunscreen/moisturizer combo with no product balling. Best of all, it really does stay put. I used a tad of powder on my T-zone a few times during the day, and that's it. After 10 hours, my foundation actually did look pretty decent. Now I wasn't running a marathon and it wasn't humid out, but I was doing errands, cooking and baking throughout the day, and it held up really well. The finish is technically matte, but it actually looks more satin to me. It comes in a solid, frosted glass pump bottle which looks and feels quite elegant. For $20.00 I can't believe I have found my HG foundation after years of trying many different brands, both h/e and d/s. I love, love, love this and will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It's a nice enough foundation, natural looking, lasts most of the day. Unfortunately the shade I was recommended in store (the lightest one, 10 Light Ivory) is at least a shade too dark for me. It's got them sweet yellowy undertones which is great, it's just not light enough for me :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I had the Sephora Teint Infusion which I liked very much, so I bought this for more coverage in days that I need it (sometimes my face goes nuts and I wake up with blemishes all over my face). It is very thick and I find that it doesn't go as smooth as I thought it would. The coverage can be medium, but if you go a little overboard it does look cakey. I find it a little bit drying and I have oily skin. I do like the packaging, though. Simple and elegant frosted glass bottle with a glossy black pump and cap.

I am very impressed by this foundation. It has a very natural finish (not matte, not dewy) and it is very emollient/hydrating to the skin. It works for dry skin gal like me :)

As for the color selection, I find the selection to be adequate and would compete with higher end foundations.

I am NC 20 and I am currently using 16 Light Linen (Y). It is a bit lighter but I can always bronze my skin and make it work. However, I will definitely get the next shade up for the summer months 18 Light Cream (Y).

Overall, this is a good everyday foundation. An SA at Sephora once told me that this is their dupe of MUFE Ultra HD foundation and I have to agree.

I hope this helps xo

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This foundation has a great range of colours and I found something that matches me perfectly. The packaging it also amazing - a frosted glass bottle with a pump and lid. I really dislike the formula of the foundation though. It is a thick pudding like texture, and feels extremely dewy and looks obviously made up/cakey, even though the coverage isn't that high. I have to set this with powder, and even then it wipes off easily. There is no comparison between other long wear foundations such as Estee Lauder double wear or MAC prolong wear.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

It's been quite a while since I last used it and that says a lot about it already. I don't reach out for this foundation anymore after I tried some other foundations. I'll risk to say that this one is actually the last one I'd reach out for on the small list of foundations I've tried - and I must say I've tried cheaper foundations which usually are thought to be worse quality but comparing to this one, not the case.

This is that typical foundation that'll only look good in dim light otherwise it's cakey, a little bit didn't go a long way with me and spreading it around my face was ok (ok as in 2.5/5). It feels as if it never sinks and blends with your skin, looks like it's sitting on top. It transfers to everything that touches your face - one of my foundation pet peeves. Wipe your mouth after eating and accidently there goes all your makeup, oops!
Couldn't spend a night in the club with this on, half way through, my pimples were all coming out to say hi.

Color match was very nice, one of the closest shots for my skintone.
Coverage was ok.
Finish... from what I remember quite matte.
Good packaging with a pump.

If we're being honest, wouldn't recommend, unless you're mixing it with something else - and still not worth the 15 bucks just for that, obviously.

I've finally found my HG foundation! I have mature, oily skin with very few fine lines. This foundation not only gives me the longest wear that I've found so far, but it does not make me look cakey and gross like so many other foundations have!

I wouldn't say it lasts ten hours because I have extremely oily skin. It separates a little on my nose and chin, but compared to other brands, this product lasts longer than others I've tried. I usually have to touch up within about four hours, which is pretty good considering how oily my t-zone is.

When I put this on and finish with the Sephora powder foundation (I use as a setting powder) my skin looks airbrushed. I'm talking about 47 year-old skin. It looks amazing.

Coverage is medium and perhaps more of a demi matte finish, and it does a great job of covering my redness and small acne bumps.

I don't know if this product would cling to dry patches, as I've managed to deal with my drier cheeks with intense moisturizer. It also does not stick to my peach fuzz or make it more pronounced. It's just like my skin...but better!

I have already purchased two bottles of this, and will continue to repurchase as long as they make it.

on 10/12/2015 9:10:00 AM

This product is really quite good. Coverage was good, price reasonable, does last well, works fairly well on my combination oily skin, no oxidizing. BUT when I compare to Revlon Colourstay liquid fdtn for combination oily skin, the finish is not quite as good and it unlike the Revlon, it does separate a teensy bit on my oily nose after a while.
It's a good foundation, but not as good as my HG colourstay.