Sephora 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Sephora  10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Isohexadecane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Alcohol, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Polybutene, Acrylates Copolymer, Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ozokerite, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Peg-10, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Sodium Potassium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bht, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Silica, Sodium Hyaluronate.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Maybe I got the wrong shade, but one of the workers helped me pick the shade!
When I wore this I looked bright orange! All my friends kept commenting on how orange I looked.

on 10/31/2017 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been wearing this foundation Mon - Fri. I wear a pea sized amount of an untinted BB cream before I put this on. This may be why I've had no break outs from this foundation.

My makeup artist friend couldn't even tell that I was wearing this. It's definitely not cakey and it does look like real skin... almost too much. I find this foundation is really only helpful for evening out my skin tone. It doesn't cover up blemishes or scars whatsoever.

I find that this sinks into fine lines and scars and makes them more pronounced if you don't apply very sparingly. I use it under my eyes as well. I do tend to build it up around my eyes but it's not ideal for covering dark circles.

Overall I do think this is a good purchase for the price point and I'll repurchase if I can't find something better.

on 6/23/2016 3:25:00 AM

This foundation is one of my favorites. It's lightweight, complements my skintone perfectly, and lasts throughout the day. It was better than any of the messy drugstore foundations i've bought in the past. It doesn't smell and has full coverage. After i put this foundation on, I can barely see any blemishes not covered by concealer, and it doesn't clog up my pores. I would definitely buy this product again!

on 9/22/2015 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I usually love Sephora Brand foundations but this one did not work for me. On my oily skin this did not last the 10 hours it claims to, it lasted maybe 3 hours. It separates on my skin, fades and becomes extremely shiny and darker.

I did like the medium coverage and initial look of the foundation upon application. The pump bottle is also nice.

on 9/9/2015 12:39:00 PM

The formula works well on my skin. When it sets, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup at all. The bottle it comes in, I'm not a fan of. I'm terrible with squeezing too much out of the bottle and then with this being a pump bottle, I can't put it back in. I found $25 was a fair price for this considering how well it works for my skin seeing as the other varieties that work for me are $42+. This is now my go-to for foundation, and although I would like to experiment with other foundations, this is a solid option for me.

on 4/14/2015 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although I found a shade that matches my skin perfectly (the only foundation that is a spot on match), the lasting power is lacking. I get oily quite quickly and this does not hold up. After 2-3 hrs I start looking shiny and by the end of my day, there's just not much foundation left. Coverage is good, I still need concealer for my darker acne scars, and it blends very easily. If only it held up better to oily skin. I'm sure this would work better on those with normal or dry skin.

on 2/22/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a solid, well-priced foundation option. I purchased it while on a hunt for a less-dewy alternative to my beloved MAC Studio Sculpt (dewiness tends to emphasize raised blemishes, so I wanted a more matte foundation for the breakout-y days when I need to make my skin look flatter). I'm glad that I went for this over the higher priced options available at Sephora.

This successfully creates a matte face without making you look like a china doll. It is breathable and doesn't feel like it is sucking the moisture out of your skin, like some matte foundations. It's definitely not full coverage, and I haven't had much luck with building it up to cover blemishes. You will want a good concealer to go along with this, if you have anything significant to cover up. it didn't cause me any breakout issues.

Two caveats. One, the golden-toned colors in their range are REALLY yellow. Still wearable on me, but not as great a match as I'd hope for. And second, this absolutely will not last you 10 hours. I usually get 5-6 out of it, which is my main reason for not repurchasing once I've finished the bottle. When I wear this to work, I'll often look in the mirror after my lunch break and be like "Nope..." It just sort of disappears, the coverage wanes, etc. It also does not keep me matte all day. I set it with Makeup Forever HD Powder too, so it's not like I'm not giving it help. It also doesn't have SPF, and while the glass bottle looks very pretty and high end, it's not practical for those of us who store this on top of a bureau or travel with it. It's come unscrewed a bunch of times on me, and let me tell you, it is not fun to have to clean foundation off of all of your other products.

on 2/19/2015 12:47:00 PM

This foundation was really well, in fact, it was the only foundation that I could finally match my freaking yellow face color with. (Being Asian, it's so hard to find a yellow undertone.) Anyways, I loved it very much until 2 weeks later, I noticed that I was breaking out really bad on my cheeks from it. I love it so much... but it broke me out so I had to return it sadly. Other than that, I would have kept the babe going.

This foundation was okay - not bad, not great. I did feel it gave my skin a warm glow, which was nice, but as the winter season came it felt a little too orangey for my tone. The coverage was good enough to camouflage any redness or acne scars, but if it put on too thin it will wear out. It goes on smoothly, though it will come off if rubbed/touched too much through out the day. It was an okay foundation, but probably not worth the price tag.

on 11/26/2013 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just finished my first bottle of this and I intend on going back for another. This is the first medium coverage foundation that I have found works on my very oily and acne prone skin. Because I have an issue with (typically hormonal) cystic outbreaks I have been using KVD Lock It for the last year as my every day foundation. It was too heavy, but I could never find a medium coverage foundation that was buildable, wouldn't break me out and wouldn't look cakey. Well, tuh-dah! I will go on about the formula below.

It feels almost dry, it reminds me of HG Immaculate except less powdery. It applies smooth and sets quickly enough, it doesn't feel moisturizing and there is never excess shine. I find it gives a very natural finish and does not feel heavy. It provides good coverage! Similar, perhaps slightly more than Mufe HD but feels more substantial when you are applying it if that makes any sense. I personally like applying it with a paddle brush. I also like that it doesn't oxidize on my oily skin. It doesn't last a full 10 hours on my wretched skin but a good 5 before I look oily. I find with touching up with powder (and typically using a BB as a primer) it lasts all day!

The glass packaging is a huge step up for Sephora and of course I love the price. My new HG foundation, while I wish there was more product in the bottle I am willing to replace this more frequently than I'm used to.