Sephora Collection 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation

Sephora Collection 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Isohexadecane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Alcohol, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Polybutene, Acrylates Copolymer, Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ozokerite, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Peg-10, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Sodium Potassium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bht, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Silica, Sodium Hyaluronate.

on 1/29/2019 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a really hard time with foundation. Either it looks terrible or it breaks me out. I have skin thats pretty dehydrated from a mix of tretinoin and living in the desert. Last year I came upon an in-depth blog (Simple Skincare Science) about fungal acne. I already have seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp and I would often get bumps all over my forehead. I decided to follow the protocols which really helped clear up my skin. My old foundation, Glossier Skin Tint, was on their safe list until they recently changed ingredients.

So now I had to find a new foundation. I first tried NYX Drop and that stuff made me look dry no matter what prep I did. So I tried this one that was also on their safe list. I was attracted to this one because I don't want a flat, matte finish and review said this gave a more natural finish. I also liked the color range. I found a match in Cream 20 which is close to NC25 or Nars Fiji which are my winter, low-sun matches. I'll be closer to 23 or 24 when I'm more tan.

The finish is pretty natural. I don't like heavy coverage so I only use about a half pump mixed with a drop of squalane for more moisture and a dewy finish that wont cling to dry spots. Been using for a couple of weeks now and no breakouts.

The reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that it contains alcohol and I worry that its bad for my skin though I've heard that fear is kind of overblown. It doesn't dry me out though, maybe because of the squalane. Also, if I don't add squalene and prep my skin with moisturizing layers underneath it does emphasize dry spots but this is true for almost every foundation I have used.

on 1/25/2019 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this on a total whim from Sephora -- an inexpensive liquid foundation with good shade range, sure! Except that I should've gotten a sample to try, because I'm not a huge fan of this product on its own. I've made it work, but it's a bit fussy. First, the consistency is a thicker cream so I have to mix in a drop of moisturizer to think it out (Cerave P.M., very lightweight). Mixing it with moisturizer also helps tone down the coverage, because I prefer light/natural and alone this foundation is definitely medium coverage and therefore feels heavy on its own. I always powder my foundation, and after some experimentation, I get the best results (and staying power) by lightly applying a fuller coverage powder over the top -- I love the PF mineral powder or MAC Studio Fix. I also use a setting spray (right now I'm using up a bottle of Pacifica crystal dew but any setting spray will work). Using this method, I get 8-10 hours of good wear from it, and I do like the way this foundation looks on my skin, but again, it's fussy. This product doesn't break me out, the shade was good for my NW20/LLL skin (the Sephora shade finder matched me to 13 Pink Porcelaine) and the packaging is great with its pump. I will finish this foundation but I won't repurchase -- I want to try NARS Sheer Glow and Smashbox Studio Skin next.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was such a great find. It’s RARE I find a foundation that is an exact match especially because I’m such a pink cool tone. But they had it. It’s not perfect but it’s one of the best I’ve found so far. It doesn’t upset my eczema or rosacea. It definitely lasts but it’s more breathable.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Maybe I got the wrong shade, but one of the workers helped me pick the shade!
When I wore this I looked bright orange! All my friends kept commenting on how orange I looked.

on 3/14/2018 10:53:00 PM

This was the first ever Sephora product to buy.
I went in there looking for a full coverage. This however was not full coverage and to be honest i was pretty disappointed! But once i got over my disappointment it wasn't a bad everyday foundation and i quite enjoyed using it. I also found i could mix it with a thicker foundation and it made it pretty close to full coverage. It was also the closest skin match i have ever had and loved it!

on 11/18/2017 10:45:00 AM

When worn on skin that is in good condition (i.e. not dry, not oily, no breakouts or blackheads), it looks beautiful. Makes my skin look like it's been photoshopped.

However, I've lately struggled with breakouts and the dryness of acne treatments and I must say, the foundation looked awful in these areas.

Now, I am not very experienced in acne cover ups with makeup so I kept up my normal makeup routine. Here are the issues that arise with problem skin and this foundation:

Oily mess- the sebum produced in my T-zone broke down the foundation within 4 hours, even when worn with translucent powder

Lightweight- although I do not like heavy weight foundations, for anyone looking for anything but an evening-out effect, this will not provide much coverage.

Dryness- the foundation clings to dry patches, however I suspect most foundations do this.

Anyways, personally I try to focus on stabilising my skin and expect my skin to look good in order for the makeup on top of it to look good. It is has a very natural pay off which I love, however I cannot state that this is a miracle worker. It is slightly pricey in my opinion for 25ml.

on 10/31/2017 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been wearing this foundation Mon - Fri. I wear a pea sized amount of an untinted BB cream before I put this on. This may be why I've had no break outs from this foundation.

My makeup artist friend couldn't even tell that I was wearing this. It's definitely not cakey and it does look like real skin... almost too much. I find this foundation is really only helpful for evening out my skin tone. It doesn't cover up blemishes or scars whatsoever.

I find that this sinks into fine lines and scars and makes them more pronounced if you don't apply very sparingly. I use it under my eyes as well. I do tend to build it up around my eyes but it's not ideal for covering dark circles.

Overall I do think this is a good purchase for the price point and I'll repurchase if I can't find something better.

on 10/13/2017 3:08:00 PM

Not bad, but I know better than this. Sometimes, I think my skin looks more oily when I put it on, but it covers after the compact powder. It's really fluid and have a good texture, so it's easy to apply on. Still, not mt favourite foundation. The covering could be better and that's the thing that bothers me the most. I have acne-prone and enlarged pores and it doesn't cover as much as I wish...

YES YES YES! This has to be my Holy Grail foundation. I still love my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk for sheer coverage, but this one will even cover your big red pimple with no green corrector. Usually to achieve that flawless look, I use two pumps.

The texture isn't too liquid. It is not going to drip (hence it is very full in coverage). I have dry combination skin, and when my skin start to produce oil, with this foundation, it gives me the most natural dewy finish. This claims to have "second skin technology" which I think is true. Even if it has such full coverage, it won't cake you up. You can build this up to very very full coverage. Use your beauty blender to achieve the most natural application.

I do have to set my face with some loose powder with this foundation. I don't recommend using any powder foundation because you might feel 'heavy' with it. A light dust of Laura Mercier or any translucent powder that you have would be okay.

Oh and one more thing, I THINK this foundation oxidises a little bit. I got the shade Claire (i think it's the lightest one) and somehow I got darker throughout the day. I think ... not too sure but I had to mix it a bit with a lighter foundation. But just a tiny bit....

As a bonus, you get a pump with it! You can unscrew the cap if you want, but the pump is what I love most about (i hate foundations with no pump. you would just waste so much products).

I will definitely repurchase this amazing foundation. Too bad it doesn't get that much attention from Youtubers :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased this foundation in shade 50. I've never used Sephora brand of cosmetics before but the SA and the price point made this sound like the move I needed to make. I purchased this foundation and a few other Sephora brand products. I have to say that applying this foundation was not as seamless as I expected it to be, It seemed to not adhere to my skin but instead smear all over my face. Not very good coverage in my opinion and I will not be rebuying.