Organix Moroccan surf paste

Organix Moroccan surf paste

4.4

on 2/2/2017 9:47:00 AM

Overall, this is a pretty cool and unique product. My hair is thick and dry with natural waves. I recently stopped straightening it and am experimenting with products to enhance the natural texture. I bought this on a desperate, humid day when my hair was a frizz ball.

I tried working it through my dry, frizzy hair. It didn't spread, it just made my hair feel even more fried and sticky in the patches that the product stuck. It looked very matted and dull. I couldn't wait to wash it out and was going to toss this.

I tried it again one day on damp hair. The products spread much more easily. I noticed that my hair felt thicker even when wet (not something I usually like). I twisted pieces, threw it in a clip and let it dry. When I took my hair down, it was in fact much thicker than normal, but my waves were more crimped and had a cool look to them. No frizz, but not shiny either. It was just really cool textured, surfer inspired hair.

This did not give me great 2nd day hair. The healthier parts of my hair that aren't bleached held a bit of the texture. The drier parts of my hair were huge, matted and the frizziest I've ever seen it. I looked like a mental patient. Spraying in some water and then twisting into a bun revived things.

This is also great for a messy bun - It gives it that rougher texture.

A lot of silicone-based products seem to cause acne for me. The natural wax and moisturizing ingredients in this do not bother my skin.

If you are looking for glossy, defined waves, this might not be the product. Also, this did not work at all for me in dry hair, but it plays beautifully with water. I'm excited to experiment with it some more.

on 7/19/2016 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First not a big fan of dipping fingers in goop. Used prior to blow out and was able to get root lift in my fine thick hair. Still in learning curve but like product.

on 7/4/2016 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Oh my gosh I LOVE this stuff!! It smells amazing, beachy and slightly coconutty and kind of like Moroccanoil. I have fine, thin hair that also manages to frizz like crazy, and this paste has become my go-to finishing step before leaving the house. I take a teeny amount of the paste and rub it between my palms and then run my palms over my hair. BAM - no frizz. My hair stays frizz-free and soft for hours and I smell like a mermaid. And even though the paste is matte and promises a matte finish, my hair looks much shinier when I use it. Probably because it blocks out my ever-present halo of frizz? I want to buy a pallet of this paste and store it in my closet forever. It smells like summer and makes my hair look fantastic. HG for sure.

on 8/10/2015 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's awesome, am all natural, and my hair is really sift thus making it difficult to get my curls out naturally, however on using this product, voila, works like magic used a peasize and my twist out was awesome, In fact, I got one to try it out at CVS, now, I've ordered for 4 cups, you don't want to run out of this treasure.

on 12/16/2014 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This stuff is awesome! Possibly HG but, as I've only been using it a few weeks, it's still too early to tell.

I have curly hair. For those of you familiar with NaturallyCurly.com, I have 3b curls. For the rest of you, I have spiral curls similar to Keri Russell. (It sounds a lot better than the reality of living with it!). I'm always on the lookout for products that will make and keep my hair frizz free but define my curls without making them crunchy or weighing them down. It's a lot to ask for since my hair has a ton of body but my actual hair strands are really fine. I love and follow the Curly Girl method but as I'm gluten intolerant, I cannot use the Devachan products. (They're really awesome by the way, if wheat/gluten is not an issue for you). That's where the OGX surf paste comes in. I apply about 2 pea-sized amounts - one to each side of my head - scrunch, let my hair air dry and I'm good to go! (I smoosh and emulsify it in my palms before smoothing it over my damp hair.) It is a bit sticky - they DO call it paste! :-P - but it seems to stick to my hair well enough that I don't need to wipe my hands afterward. It gives my hair incredible soft hold and definition that lasts all day. If I feel my curls could use reviving, I lightly spritz water on my hair (or wet my hands) and scrunch. I'm happy to report that my curls even remain intact overnight while sleeping - though there is a soft frizz halo....

I would highly recommend this amazing product! It's easy on the wallet too! Definite repurchase!

on 4/15/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Alright, so Garnier's Surf Paste, I'm sorry, I mean Surfer Hair Power Putty, turned on me. And with a name like that, I'm glad to ditch it. I decided I needed something with more tack and weight but still adding texture that didn't make my hair FEEL heavy and gross. Seems impossible, but you ladies who are into your hair products have got to know what I mean by that. I tried Garnier's Pixie Play cream but holy, crap! What a fail! (I wrote a review if you're interested). Moving on!

So, the new hunt for the perfect texturizer finishing paste was on. I was almost going to buy this when I saw how cheap Pixie Play was and opted for that at first run (and that got returned pronto, I mean, like NEXT DAY turn around---here's my receipt, take this devil off my hands!). In exchange I got this.

LOVE. IT. Smells great, works fabulous. How to describe? It's like, if KMS Hair Play Paste and old school Garnier Surf Paste were hybridized. Or how about, if FX Surf Head (a former fave) and Garnier Surf Paste got together? It's just tacky enough, finishes my ends and separates layers really beautifully and adds perfect texture. It smells so pleasant, just kind of sweet, yet clean and mild. I had a slight learning curve, you definitely don't need much at all, like two small-ish dabs to get some product on your fingers, rub into/all over your fingers to warm it up and then just work it through your ends as you like. I always just wipe off any residue on my body towel from after a shower and my hands are tack free after. Is that weird? Hey, it works.

Anyway, sorry if that was TMI. But I really like this and I think you get a TON of product for your money, especially considering you only need a little each time you use it. Hope this helps! I'm super picky with my hair products. For the record, I have hair that is just past my shoulders in length so, it's not just for the ladies with the cute short bobs and pixies, you too, can have hair that is both flowy, yet perfectly texturized. Enjoy!

on 10/19/2013 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this product. It gives me really nice goldilocks curls. This is a very sticky pomade that smells nice and perfumey. You have to use a very small amount of this product because if you use too much it can give your hair a sticky texture, I use just enough to thinly coat my hands in it and lightly scrunch. For this same reason I use it when my hair is slightly damp right before it's almost all dry. When I use this it helps control my frizz and holds my curls pretty well until the next wash.

on 10/14/2013 5:38:00 PM

Smells nice like coconut sun screen, the smell seems to linger though so if you don't like it, don't get it. I'm using this on my short almost pixie style hair to give it a texurized messy look and with such short hair its easy to use way too much. Usually I try to just dab a finger in the wax and then melt it in my palms and that is usually a good amount. Scrunching and brushing my hair back with my fingers gives the voluminous sticky-up look I'm going for while holding my bangs in place. I won't need to buy another one of these FOR AGES, because its so huge but I think if I don't find one that surpasses this and is perhaps creamier I would repurchase.

Popular Styling Products