Maybelline Color Elixir (All Shades)

Maybelline Color Elixir (All Shades)

3.8

OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE TRIMETHYLSILOXYPHENYL DIMETHICONE HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE HYDROGENATED STYRENE/METHYL STYRENE/INDENE COPOLYMER HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE HYDROGENATED STYRENE/BUTADIENE COPOLYMER BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL ISOSTEARATE BIS-BEHENYL/ISOSTEARYL/PHYTOSTERYL DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE CETYL DIMETHICONE SILICA SILYLATE PENTYLENE GLYCOL POLY C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE PUNICA GRANATUM SEED OIL ALUMINA CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE LINALOOL SILICA POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE TIN OXIDE LIMONENE ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER DIMETHICONE PARFUM / FRAGRANCE [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR MICA CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 45410 / RED 28 LAKE CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES CI 15850 / RED 7 CI 45380 / RED 22 LAKE CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 LAKE CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE CI 75470 / CARMINE CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What a sham. First of all, the packaging makes the product look like a stick. Second of all, it is not a liquid lipstick, but a gloss. My HG lipstick was left at home, and I was running late to an important meeting so I stopped by Walgreens to pick up another, and they were out, so I grabbed this. In the car I twisted off the cap to find an applicator and not traditional lipstick. I gave it a try, and the color worked, but I couldn't drink, eat or smile all day. Risking smearing the horrid iridescent, over perfumed slime off on a glass or it bleeding down my face. Waste of $15. I gave it to my 5 year old to play dress up with.

on 12/1/2016 6:32:00 AM

I currently only have Nude Illusion, but I'll pick up more shades once I have the need to get more lip gloss colours.

The formula is buttery smooth, nice level of pigmentation and the applicator, as weird as it looks, is actually the best part. I can basically apply this without a mirror on the train. The scent is going to put some people off, it's kind of perfume-y. Try some testers in store first in case the smell is not for you, but for a drug-store standard lip gloss these are my top pick at the moment.

on 8/9/2016 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love these!

Today, these are my HG lip products. I have 24 different colors. I bought mine on eBay 20 for $20, with free shipping! I probably would repurchase at full price.

I use these alone, with lip balm under (Fresh Sugar), and overtop lipstick, for a slick of shine.

I really like the applicator. It is a triangular velour pad, and the point makes it easy to line my upper lip, without getting outside my lip line.

The gloss feels super smooth, even the ones with a hint of sparkle. No gritty grain feel from the sparkles.

My lips feel ultra moisturized, even when it wears off, which for me is within an hour. My lips still feel moisturized for a couple hours.

I don't see any staining effect once the gloss wears off, and I haven't seen the dreaded Popsicle stained lips I get from the Loreal Caresse version. The closest thing to these in my opinion are the Lancôme Lip Lover, at $24 each.

The container is nothing special. It fits in my pocket or purse well, and hasn't leaked or accidentally opened. I like that the barrel is clear, so I can see what color it is at a glance.

I highly recommend these.

on 5/14/2016 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

Hmmm...these may be being discontinued, as I've been finding them in discount bins and at Big Lots. I've picked up, ummmm...several...like, 10 or so?

Note that this is GLOSS, not meant to be terribly pigmented or long-lasting. I mostly use this over lipstick, especially nice over a couple of my WnW matte lippies. It has a very nice feel on the lips, kinda plush and not too sticky or greasy.

While the color saturation isn't high, it's enough to affect the color of lipstick you put it over. For example, a basic mauve lipstick is transformed by a slick of Mystical Mauve (iridescent).

I picked up the Rose Redefined color for a friend (one for me too, of course!) who doesn't wear a lot of makeup, and she loves it! Unlike me (slightly thin lips), she's got generous lips and doesn't want something that's "too much" or high maintenance.

on 5/14/2016 6:30:00 PM

I'm not usually a lip product person...I will try products every once in awhile, but nothing usually catches my attention enough to keep using it. This product changed that. I have this in two colors, I can't remember which shades but one is a very light iridescent pink and one is a brighter pink. I love love both of them. This is slightly sticky, but not tacky enough to bother me, and it stays on for a long time, usually until I eat something. The applicator is a doe foot and it's functional...I usually have to wipe some product off before applying otherwise it puts too much on. My only complaint about this is the packaging...the tube is just too big for a wristlet or an oversized wallet if I'm going out it looks awkward in a pocket, but other than that I love everything about the product. Will definitely continue to buy in different shades!

on 3/26/2016 5:57:00 PM

smells like chemical - like rose scented wall paint.
feels like chemical - kinda tingles my lips and feels a little suffocating.

but the colour and texture is oh so pretty. i have the captivating carnation. i dont know.. i dont think i will ever run out of this product. but if i lose it i might get it again cos it is just so cheap and pretty.

on 2/18/2016 8:34:00 PM

I didn't care for these lippies at all. I thought they were going to be pigmented but I was wrong. This is good if you want a hint of gloss and a hint of pigment on your lips, otherwise look else where for lip products. They also had a caramel like smell to them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I first got the colour Celestial Coral (which is really more pink than coral), which i loved. it's pigmented (actually sort of leaves a stain behind) and its probably the most long-lasting lip gloss i've used. it also feels super plush and moisturizing which is nice for my dry lips. these are probably one of the best lip glosses i've used. sadly i'm pretty sure these are being discontinued (at least in Ontario, Canada) so i'm trying to get a few more shades on clearance before they're all gone (i just picked up rose redefined and caramel infused for about $3 each at Rexall!)

update: i LOVE caramel infused. such a nice everyday colour. i like it better than the coral one.

I don't usually like liquid textures because it feels tacky and sticky on my lips and I don't enjoy the feel it gives, but this lip laquer lived up to my expactations. It has a soft creamy balm feel, very pigmented if two layers applied (one layer looks a bit dull but good for a more natural nude look). It also smells heavenly and the wand is to die for, it makes the application procces so much easier and it doesn't smudge. I give 4 out 5 because it doesn't last long so you need to touch it up throughout the day,

on 1/24/2016 10:48:00 PM

I only have one of these, picked up on clearance. I have Rose Redefined, and it's a pretty color. The formula doesn't feel sticky or anything, but I can't help but notice it, primarily due to its strong fragrance. It wouldn't bother me if it were hand lotion or something, but on my lips it's pretty intense, and it's a sort of fake floral scent. The color isn't strong, as Rose Redefined is a kind of muted pink, MLBB territory, but even though it doesn't feel sticky or really heavy it can leave my lips feeling kind of dry and uncomfortable, especially if I wear it too long. Too bad, because the color is really pretty with the rosy hue and the shine, but it's too much scent and too much uncomfortable chemical feeling on my lips.