Maybelline Color Elixir (All Shades)

Maybelline Color Elixir (All Shades)

3.8

OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE TRIMETHYLSILOXYPHENYL DIMETHICONE HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE HYDROGENATED STYRENE/METHYL STYRENE/INDENE COPOLYMER HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE HYDROGENATED STYRENE/BUTADIENE COPOLYMER BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL ISOSTEARATE BIS-BEHENYL/ISOSTEARYL/PHYTOSTERYL DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE CETYL DIMETHICONE SILICA SILYLATE PENTYLENE GLYCOL POLY C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE PUNICA GRANATUM SEED OIL ALUMINA CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE LINALOOL SILICA POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE TIN OXIDE LIMONENE ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER DIMETHICONE PARFUM / FRAGRANCE [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR MICA CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 45410 / RED 28 LAKE CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES CI 15850 / RED 7 CI 45380 / RED 22 LAKE CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 LAKE CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE CI 75470 / CARMINE CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

What have you done, Maybelline? Why did you discontinue them? They were so perfect. Lipstick + lip balm + lip gloss - sticky feeling = Color Elixir. All colors are pretty and so many shades were available (24, as I remember). Caramel Infused is a pinkish color, with tiny, tiny golden glitter sparkles (you only can see them in a close up mirror in daylight) and it's perfect for everyday wear. It makes your face look fresh and I would wear this with foundation, mascara and some blush and that's it. Of course, I bought more shades but this is the one I like the most to wear. My lips feel hydrated and not sticky and the color payoff is amazing. Just a few swipes and you're good to go. The longevity is not long, just eat a sandwich or apple and it's time to reapply. I tried to make these matte on my lips with tissue + powder and just with powder. But neither worked, the results won't be satisfying. I recommend wearing Color Elixir when you know you won't eat much the next hours.

I really liked these lip colors. My favorites were Caramel Infused, Intoxicating Spice, and the limited edition Almond Aura. All of them were MLBB gloss shades that made me look pulled together. I will admit to not liking that they gathered on the insides of your lips, and got on your teeth easily, though...

on 5/14/2016 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

Hmmm...these may be being discontinued, as I've been finding them in discount bins and at Big Lots. I've picked up, ummmm...several...like, 10 or so?

Note that this is GLOSS, not meant to be terribly pigmented or long-lasting. I mostly use this over lipstick, especially nice over a couple of my WnW matte lippies. It has a very nice feel on the lips, kinda plush and not too sticky or greasy.

While the color saturation isn't high, it's enough to affect the color of lipstick you put it over. For example, a basic mauve lipstick is transformed by a slick of Mystical Mauve (iridescent).

I picked up the Rose Redefined color for a friend (one for me too, of course!) who doesn't wear a lot of makeup, and she loves it! Unlike me (slightly thin lips), she's got generous lips and doesn't want something that's "too much" or high maintenance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What a sham. First of all, the packaging makes the product look like a stick. Second of all, it is not a liquid lipstick, but a gloss. My HG lipstick was left at home, and I was running late to an important meeting so I stopped by Walgreens to pick up another, and they were out, so I grabbed this. In the car I twisted off the cap to find an applicator and not traditional lipstick. I gave it a try, and the color worked, but I couldn't drink, eat or smile all day. Risking smearing the horrid iridescent, over perfumed slime off on a glass or it bleeding down my face. Waste of $15. I gave it to my 5 year old to play dress up with.

on 8/9/2016 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love these!

Today, these are my HG lip products. I have 24 different colors. I bought mine on eBay 20 for $20, with free shipping! I probably would repurchase at full price.

I use these alone, with lip balm under (Fresh Sugar), and overtop lipstick, for a slick of shine.

I really like the applicator. It is a triangular velour pad, and the point makes it easy to line my upper lip, without getting outside my lip line.

The gloss feels super smooth, even the ones with a hint of sparkle. No gritty grain feel from the sparkles.

My lips feel ultra moisturized, even when it wears off, which for me is within an hour. My lips still feel moisturized for a couple hours.

I don't see any staining effect once the gloss wears off, and I haven't seen the dreaded Popsicle stained lips I get from the Loreal Caresse version. The closest thing to these in my opinion are the Lancôme Lip Lover, at $24 each.

The container is nothing special. It fits in my pocket or purse well, and hasn't leaked or accidentally opened. I like that the barrel is clear, so I can see what color it is at a glance.

I highly recommend these.

on 12/1/2016 6:32:00 AM

I currently only have Nude Illusion, but I'll pick up more shades once I have the need to get more lip gloss colours.

The formula is buttery smooth, nice level of pigmentation and the applicator, as weird as it looks, is actually the best part. I can basically apply this without a mirror on the train. The scent is going to put some people off, it's kind of perfume-y. Try some testers in store first in case the smell is not for you, but for a drug-store standard lip gloss these are my top pick at the moment.

on 3/26/2016 5:57:00 PM

smells like chemical - like rose scented wall paint.
feels like chemical - kinda tingles my lips and feels a little suffocating.

but the colour and texture is oh so pretty. i have the captivating carnation. i dont know.. i dont think i will ever run out of this product. but if i lose it i might get it again cos it is just so cheap and pretty.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I first got the colour Celestial Coral (which is really more pink than coral), which i loved. it's pigmented (actually sort of leaves a stain behind) and its probably the most long-lasting lip gloss i've used. it also feels super plush and moisturizing which is nice for my dry lips. these are probably one of the best lip glosses i've used. sadly i'm pretty sure these are being discontinued (at least in Ontario, Canada) so i'm trying to get a few more shades on clearance before they're all gone (i just picked up rose redefined and caramel infused for about $3 each at Rexall!)

update: i LOVE caramel infused. such a nice everyday colour. i like it better than the coral one.

on 2/18/2016 8:34:00 PM

I didn't care for these lippies at all. I thought they were going to be pigmented but I was wrong. This is good if you want a hint of gloss and a hint of pigment on your lips, otherwise look else where for lip products. They also had a caramel like smell to them.

on 5/14/2016 6:30:00 PM

I'm not usually a lip product person...I will try products every once in awhile, but nothing usually catches my attention enough to keep using it. This product changed that. I have this in two colors, I can't remember which shades but one is a very light iridescent pink and one is a brighter pink. I love love both of them. This is slightly sticky, but not tacky enough to bother me, and it stays on for a long time, usually until I eat something. The applicator is a doe foot and it's functional...I usually have to wipe some product off before applying otherwise it puts too much on. My only complaint about this is the packaging...the tube is just too big for a wristlet or an oversized wallet if I'm going out it looks awkward in a pocket, but other than that I love everything about the product. Will definitely continue to buy in different shades!