Yves Saint Laurent Youth Liberator Serum Foundation SPF 20

Yves Saint Laurent Youth Liberator Serum Foundation SPF 20

3.6

Active ingredient: Octinoxate 4% water, diemthicone, glycerin, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, isododecane, PEG-8, nylon-12, propanediol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, hexyl laurate, PEG-20, phenoxyethanol, magnesium sulfate, dimethiconol, caprylyl glycol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, fragrance, panthenol, disteardimonium hectorite, tocopherol, propylene carbonate, aluminum hydroxide, adenosine, rhamnose, chondrus cripus (carrageenan), linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionone, limonene, hydroxypropyl tetrahydropyrantriol, geraniol, citronellol, coumarin; may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides

on 10/8/2016 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Miracle in the bottle... Besides from Armani's Luminious Foundation, this is the best foundation suiting my rosacea prone, aging and dry skin. It fulfills double duty as a care product including a powerful serum. It looks naturally glowing. Whatelse could ask for... By the way, due to the high price, I am using it for special occasions...

on 6/23/2016 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i bought into the youtube hype... again. Medium coverage but didn't spread well. I thought I could apply it with fingers but I found best to use a BB.
I made myself a nice little combination after a while to help make it work: a dollop of foundation + a bit of MUFE camouflage concealer + half drop of grape seed oil and applying it with the BB. I loved it when I started applying it this way, however it's very expensive (for my pocket) and I found cheaper foundations that work better.

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

YSL once again does not disappoint!! I was a huge fan of the touche eclat foundation as I always received compliments on my skin wearing it. However, the fact that it didn't last more than 3-4 hours on my combination skin was a major turn off.

I am constantly living in a place with a constant autumn/winter climate and this is absolutely perfect. The best thing about this product is the glow it offers, without being too dewy or shiny. I don't really concern about coverage but I would say this provides a solid medium. To me it's like an upgrade from the touche eclat, that offers a stronger lasting power without compromising the light.

It is a little bit heavier than what I would expect from a serum foundation, but it is not caky at all and is definitely still on the natural side among all bases. I feel very put together with my glowing complexion, that I believe it has reached a HG status. It is very pricey, but you get what you paid for. I would rather invest slightly more on the perfect base than paying a slightly lower price for other high end foundations. I have tried foundations from Chanel, NARS, Shiseido, Make Up For Ever, Armani, Bobbi Brown, Korean high end and drugstore brands, drugstore brands over the past 6 years and this officially beat them all.

The downsides are that it is fragranced which is very pointless, and the fact that it contains SPF20 that I can't wear on important occasions. SPF20 protection doesn't seems to be enough to protect the skin while will definitely be enough to cause flashbacks.

Edited to 3 lippies:
My skin can no longer stand that fragrance

Nice colour for my fair skin, foundation smells nice and has a dewy apperance. But i found that the foundation didnt stay put, my eye makeup would now smudge when it was not able to be smudged, I also felt like it was slightly irritating my skin, and by the end of the day I wanted it off. It also is only a light foundation, it didn't cover spots at all,

on 1/29/2016 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I actually did run out of this foundation and I want to buy it again, but I'm transitioning all my makeup to cruelty free. It's too bad YSL tests on animals, because this foundation was incredible. First of all, the packaging is gorgeous . . .the glass bottle is so elegant and classy! I really loved the scent, so fancy! It looked great and lasted all day, with a light to medium dewy coverage. I don't know that I can say it offered any noticeable skincare benefits, but it's a fabulous foundation (if you can get over the price and animal testing).

on 1/19/2016 11:31:00 PM

This is my HG foundation along with Nars tinted moisturiser. I have been using this foundation for a year now and I think it's long enough to tell you what I feel about this foundation.

First of all, I'm Asian with NC20-25 skin colour. I have yellow undertone, and shade B30 is a perfect match for my skin.

The texture of this foundation is creamy, and easy to blend. I usually use BB to blend for everyday wear, or if I want more coverage I will use Sigma 80 kabuki brush or Chanel foundation brush. It provides enough coverage for me since I don't have acne scars, only some redness around my right cheek and forehead, along with a slight discolouration around my chin area. It covers my redness pretty good, and I ended up only using concealer under my eyes. I'd say the coverage is medium to full. The finish is more to dewy side but not too shiny.

Depending on my skin condition, this foundation never really oxidized on my skin, except during a really humid day, it'll get slightly oxidized but nothing too crazy.

My skin does get oily throughout the day esp T zone area, but I think it's normal. The staying power of this foundation is pretty good (I use Nars translucent powder to set the foundation), but, I never wear my foundation more than 8 hours. But during that 8 hours, it stays and I only need to blot a bit with blotting tissues.

This foundation always makes my skin looks incredibly good. It looks natural and it actually brightens up my skin. And because it's a perfect match for my skin, I look like wearing nothing. It's pricey, but honestly I think it's worth every penny. One bottle for me lasts a pretty long time.

My suggestion is, if you want to try this foundation, get the sample either from the store or Sephora first before comitted to a full size.

on 1/3/2016 2:55:00 AM

I tried this recently on my combination skin. I usually use loreal infallible or bare minerals foundation but fancied a change and got a trial bottle of this.

The packaging is lovely, but the price is on the expensive side. The foundation applies really well, good colour match for my fair/medium skin. I have redness in my cheeks which it covered pretty nicely. This felt very moisturising and evened out my complexion very nicely. I would say it's probably not for people that want a full coverage as there is a degree of sheer/dewiness left behind. You can build on the coverage somewhat but it is never full coverage.

It lasted pretty well and I was generally pleased with this product. For the price I don't think I would buy again as there are cheaper products that do as good a job, however it's definitely worth trialling if you don't mind a sheer/medium cover. I just don't think it's worth the money, however it might be for others.

My overall experience with this foundation was - meh. I actually purchased it three times, continuously because I loved it so much at first. However, last winter when I hit the lightest my skin gets throughout the year, the shade that actually matched my skin was terrible. I looked ghostly. The next shade darker was much too dark. It was unfortunate. I still have almost the entire bottle of very light YSL foundation sitting in my cabinet :( The other con is the smell. Oh my goodness, I used this when I was pregnant & I thought it was just morning sickness that was going on. Months after I had my baby, I tried to use this foundation again & the scent was overwhelming. Coupled with the awful, ghostly appearance it gave my skin...the honeymoon was over.

on 9/20/2015 6:56:00 PM

It's not bad, i cannot get a color match.

I use Boujoirs healthy mix serum in 52 - NC 20-25 yellow undrtoned asian.

The B20 is too light and oxidized to slight pinkish color, the B30 is so yellow like a mango and oxidized to orange a bit.

I have to mix the two together half and half, still more on the pink side once it dries.....

Who wants to spend $180 to get two bottles??

Okay look, I know this foundation is a small fortune, but it's the best foundation on earth! I don't take this expense lightly, so coming to this conclusion took a long time and a lot of research. I went on a quest, over several trips to Nordies to obtain a sample of....everything! And, even though I couldn't be matched in Chanel, ( that was unfortunate) i got the closest color as to not leave that brand out. These were generous samples, and I used them each until they were gone. Then, I got to this one. It's the silkiest, creamiest, best coverage, with the softest feel you can possibly imagine. The color selection was great. It isn't just wearing makeup it actually improves your skin by wearing it. They say it contains the 200 dollar serum that YSL sells and yes, ( I got a sample of that too) I loved it but come on, 200 dollars! But, luckily that is in this foundation and apparently it's patented ingredient which is owned by Loreal helps to stimulate collagen. I know you've heard that before, but it really does make a noticeable improvement in skin, not many foundations can say that, they just look good for the moment, and don't get me wrong, you will look amazing for the moment in this one too. I just feel it is definitely worth the money, and that no other brand can beat it, if you have normal to dry skin.